• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Tower Control for me in S+ goes something like this:

Charger lands first shot they take towards me on the tower (and if bamboozler they land the first two) without taking any longer than their charger needs to kill, even though I clearly see them ahead of time and have had plenty of time to position myself behind the pillar.

I switch to a non-mini splatling because I'm tired of this carp and I want to play defensive but I suck at chargers.

I precede to charge up full barrages and hurl them at the tower without landing a single bullet, despite the fact that I am hitting a good proportion of the bullets to the side of the pillar and inking the ground there, pushing squids out of the ink. I am still not hitting them when they are completely exposed.

Plz help.
Yup that's me with a Splatling alright, and it hurts so bad
The tower itself has some bad issues with hit boxing, snipers can hit you anytime, but any other weapon don't work apparently, unless blasters or sloshers go up close...

oh and @Inkling kirby
Is this the TM symbol you are looking for, for your signature ---> ™ ?

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Yup that's me with a Splatling alright, and it hurts so bad
The tower itself has some bad issues with hit boxing, snipers can hit you anytime, but any other weapon don't work apparently, unless blasters or sloshers go up close...

oh and @Inkling kirby
Is this the TM symbol you are looking for, for your signature ---> ™ ?
Thanks for the ™!

Cephalobro

I don't know where to start talking about my strong hatred against spawn-camping. Today, when I was using a Squiffer in Turf War, someone with Curling Bomb Rush decided to spawn-camp my team. It was so infuriating that I wished the Spawn Point to be bigger sometimes, especially on Port Mackerel.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I don't know where to start talking about my strong hatred against spawn-camping. Today, when I was using a Squiffer in Turf War, someone with Curling Bomb Rush decided to spawn-camp my team. It was so infuriating that I wished the Spawn Point to be bigger sometimes, especially on Port Mackerel.
That's my wish too, having at least around 10% of the map being blocked off from physical approach from enemy, so they can only shoot and throw bombs, otherwise it feels... such a drag to get out of the base.

It shouldn't be a punishment when all your teammembers die, and then the opponents are already in your base due to that.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Monday:
cara-raiva-feliz.jpg
Connection is fine, it lets me play. A grand time is had by all.
...well, with the exception of a particularly obnoxious blaster.
As I expected, I got my hot little hands on the Neo Splasho and legit cried a little.
Undercover who had it in for me learned to not do that.
Pesky Carbon quit the lobby after I tabled the turns on him.
SUCCESS.

JPEG_20180501_020514.jpg
Dropped in on the illustrious @(X) at the end. Thanks for the booyahs, m8.

Tuesday:
Curse of the Splatfest Tee strikes again. I know it's Nintendo's fault this time because the connection was 100% fine on my end. Meanwhile, teleporting Dualies, teleporting Brushes, and myself getting booted in the final 20 seconds of the match.
I'll never be able to level a Splatfest tee again, will I.

Get your business together, Nintendo. Please.

Last edited:

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Why is it that in the glorious year of 2018 I'm having to block people for squid partying or just generally screwing around in Clam Blitz of all bloody ranked modes
Like....if you want to ruin everyone else's fun could you please do it somewhere else???
That and squid bagging are the only things I report people for. Well, that and if I can honestly make out whether or not they are manipulating the network or cheating in some other capacity. My point on the matter is that we do not have to play with people who want to make things toxic for others. Make the game inhospitable for the toxic people and we will have a better playing field for those of us who care. That is my opinion.

Cephalobro

Why is it that in the glorious year of 2018 I'm having to block people for squid partying or just generally screwing around in Clam Blitz of all bloody ranked modes
Like....if you want to ruin everyone else's fun could you please do it somewhere else???
I really hate it when people sabotage matches, especially in Ranked. This is why I wish they didn't remove the ability to have Squad battles. It was a perfect feature to keep sabotages out of Ranked.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
-goes on a winning streak-
-then goes on a losing streak-
-can't figure out what I'm doing wrong-
-tries switching tactics- -nope-
-tries switching weapons- -nope-
-takes a break and comes back- -nope-

Starting to think I was right in thinking that I'm too dumb to play this game.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Why do people always want to ink every tiny spot of the Spawn area when I'm at the middle trying to prevent the enemy team from pushing? It gets annoying really fast. I get it, inking the Spawn area is just as important. However, just like any area, you should not worry about inking the tiny spots.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I usually have problems with splatfest...but this one has been a great experience. Winning 95% of my matches which is odd because usually I lose most of them.

But teammate? I get that you want to help. But maybe not jump in front of me and block my shots when I'm confronting someone...and get both of us killed? Thank you, I appreciate it.

Cephalobro

I would really appreciate if you didn't waste time staying at spawn. But who am I kidding? Some teammates are just cowards anyways.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So i didn't think playing a weapon and winning would send me into salt overdrive, but here we are!

I've tried my best to make vBrella work, and while it's still usable, it's only a depressing shadow of it's older, decent self. But far more importantly is that it got nerfed for no good reason, and that now there's literally no reason to pick it over Sorella. It both has a weaker special and a far worse sub weapon to work with.

So i picked up vBlaster and decided to give it a try. I won, and kept winning games over and over with the highest k/d ratios in my team. All i did was jump and hold ZR at the enemy, and i kept winning. As opposed to the weapon I've been practicing for weeks now, this weapon I've never used gave me far more reward than the Brella ever could.

It's so unbelievably dumb. Not only did my main get nerfed for no good reason, this weapon still stands firm and proud patch after patch, requiring zero effort and giving maximum reward.

Cephalobro

So i didn't think playing a weapon and winning would send me into salt overdrive, but here we are!

I've tried my best to make vBrella work, and while it's still usable, it's only a depressing shadow of it's older, decent self. But far more importantly is that it got nerfed for no good reason, and that now there's literally no reason to pick it over Sorella. It both has a weaker special and a far worse sub weapon to work with.

So i picked up vBlaster and decided to give it a try. I won, and kept winning games over and over with the highest k/d ratios in my team. All i did was jump and hold ZR at the enemy, and i kept winning. As opposed to the weapon I've been practicing for weeks now, this weapon I've never used gave me far more reward than the Brella ever could.

It's so unbelievably dumb. Not only did my main get nerfed for no good reason, this weapon still stands firm and proud patch after patch, requiring zero effort and giving maximum reward.
That's how I feel about the Clash Blasters, didn't think winning with it would make me even more salty.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom