• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
My favourite thing ever is watching someone forget they have beakons as their sub and place one pretty much as soon as they leave spawn. They like stop for a second and you can almost see their reaction of “..s**t”

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I can't believe Tower Control comes down to who has the most blasters on their team.

I don't think i can touch a blaster ever again...

I started maining sloshers, since they have a faster damage ratio compared to blasters, as long as they don't direct hit.
Works wonders against Clashes and Lunas.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
The best part of being in the low rank matchmaking (1500-1650) is the amount of chargers on a Camp Triggerfish rotation. I jump into a game - a fire fin, a squiffer, a squelcher and my brella. RIIIIIIIP

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I can't believe Tower Control comes down to who has the most blasters on their team.

I don't think i can touch a blaster ever again...

I started maining sloshers, since they have a faster damage ratio compared to blasters, as long as they don't direct hit.
Works wonders against Clashes and Lunas.
So you're not gonna play Blasters anymore because they're strong on Tower Control, but then you switch to Sloshers? That's... interesting! xD

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Blasters are the name of the game in Tower Control. I may not like it all that much, but it is that way because it is a strong way to counter a push on the Tower itself. The best counter for that would be things that counter Blasters. Splattershot Pro and the Heavies come to mind. Weapons that have good range and a decent if not downright good firing rate while remaining mostly out of the range of the blasters themselves. The role of the slayer on your team should be to suppress the enemy blasters while allowing your blasters (should you have any) to continue to do what they do. Explode things! I would also recommend Bomb Defense Up. Helps with those indirects a bit.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Tower Control used to be my most hated mode because of all the blasters. But my Umbrella has made me love it. I honestly just walk up to blasters and stand in their face with the shield up. They (even in S+) either keep shooting and get splatted by a teammate, get splatted by the shield, or retreat. I think it's working out for me.

My salt, though, is with Clam Blitz. Like what is this mode? I hate it so much. Brushes...when I see one on this mode, most of my time is spent tracking them down for obvious reasons. This mode made me hate brushes more than I already did. I just can't stand this mode, the worst in my opinion. But my OCD is making me go S+ in all modes. Mind as well say this is the equivalent to football. Like the aggression man.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
So you're not gonna play Blasters anymore because they're strong on Tower Control, but then you switch to Sloshers? That's... interesting! xD
Yes and i started winning matches after the change too, so i don't feel any bad about it.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Clam Blitz is an odd one. I like it, but there are plenty of ways to make it frustrating for people to deal with. But since you mentioned brushes, I have to ask. Is the Ink Brush starting to become surprisingly good lately? I've been seeing matches, even in Turf and Splat Zones where there are some surprisingly strong Ink Brushes in the room! Has the Ink Brush made some kind of turnaround that I have not been aware of? Should I be practicing with this weapon as well?

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Clam Blitz is an odd one. I like it, but there are plenty of ways to make it frustrating for people to deal with. But since you mentioned brushes, I have to ask. Is the Ink Brush starting to become surprisingly good lately? I've been seeing matches, even in Turf and Splat Zones where there are some surprisingly strong Ink Brushes in the room! Has the Ink Brush made some kind of turnaround that I have not been aware of? Should I be practicing with this weapon as well?
Having insane run speed plus being able to pick up clams at lightning speed, why wouldn't you see a brush now and then in clam blitz?
Scratch that, i see them all the time whenever i'm doing clam blitz, and they are that efficient there... eugh.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Naaaah!

Only great change for inkbrushes are the kits, movement speed while swinging, unhindered rolling, maybe ink efficiency (can't recall), and now output.

But we're probably seeing more of them due to our larger playerbase size, lack of long range predators (who can also aim), and maybe more players not giving a damn about "inkbrush sucks" opinions?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Tower Control used to be my most hated mode because of all the blasters. But my Umbrella has made me love it. I honestly just walk up to blasters and stand in their face with the shield up. They (even in S+) either keep shooting and get splatted by a teammate, get splatted by the shield, or retreat. I think it's working out for me.
I wouldn't make that a habit, strong Blaster players move after every shot and they'll shoot around your shield.

Yes and i started winning matches after the change too, so i don't feel any bad about it.
That's good but I wouldn't stop using a weapon that you enjoy just because it's meta, assuming you like using them. Since you're playing Sloshers despite them also being very good at Tower Control, you must atleast subconsciously agree with this. :L

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I wouldn't make that a habit, strong Blaster players move after every shot and they'll shoot around your shield.

That's good but I wouldn't stop using a weapon that you enjoy just because it's meta, assuming you like using them. Since you're playing Sloshers despite them also being very good at Tower Control, you must atleast subconsciously agree with this. :L
Actually it's the other way around, when Clash blaster was released, no one else was using it at the time, so i started maining it for Tower Control, now that the Clash Blaster Deco or what's it called has curlings, now everyone is starting to use them so i stopped using the Clash.

Everyone was trashing about it that it couldn't be viable if you had to shoot 4 times to splat someone, i used it because it was fun, and it was annoying to deal with against regular blasters and such when they popped up.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020

I don't just stand there the entire time. I'm used to good blasters habit as well. I know to take care and be a bit more cautious around the more better/more mobile blaster players.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I am a rather intermediate Blaster player at best. I prefer the Rapid Blasters over most anything else, but a lot of the same rules apply. Constant movement and at least an okay aim. Obviously doesn't need to be great.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I lost my SZ S+1 rank due to someone idling in the base.
The match wasn't even long enough for the guy to disconnect!

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I am a rather intermediate Blaster player at best. I prefer the Rapid Blasters over most anything else, but a lot of the same rules apply. Constant movement and at least an okay aim. Obviously doesn't need to be great.
Rapid blasters don't need constant movement always.
Unlike other blasters wreaking havoc on the front lines, rapid blasters strive for a more defensive and supportive playstyle.
They deny objectives, flush opponents and space\pepper them from a suitable distance.
Changing your position depending on the situation is recommended, but moving after every shot doesn't really suit a rapid blasters main role imo.
It's better to focus on maintaining a good barrage of well placed blasts onto the enemy team.

GreyRam

Inkling
NNID
Aouzy-Hitsuji
I don't know what it is about the dock that breaks the Switch's wi-fi but it's really annoying getting disconnected EVERY round and not being able to play just because I wanted to play on my couch with a bigger screen. I almost never disconnect in handheld mode so I don't see why this happens when it's docked. I had to start Salmon Run from the bottom because of this.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I don't know what it is about the dock that breaks the Switch's wi-fi but it's really annoying getting disconnected EVERY round and not being able to play just because I wanted to play on my couch with a bigger screen. I almost never disconnect in handheld mode so I don't see why this happens when it's docked. I had to start Salmon Run from the bottom because of this.
Get a LAN adapter if you haven't already. Makes a difference....then again, half the problem with the rampant DCs lately is on Nintendo's end, so YMMV there.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
"Wow, Splatoon 2 does a much better job at balancing team weapon composition than Splatoon 1!"

-plays a Charger, gets paired with 2 other chargers, loses-
-plays Slosher, gets paired with 2 other Sloshers, loses-
-plays Brella on Moray, enemy team has 2 E-Liter Scopes, loses-

"Nope, it's still garbage."

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Splatoon 2 balancing weapon composition in matchmaking? You'd have an easier time teaching a fish to tap dance! Y'know, especially since the Salmonids have legs and all...

Hang on, I gotta get my bug net!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom