• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
Do Squid parties happen often in Turf War? I've only ever seen it happen once, and my teammates were only doing it for 30-60 seconds. Afterwards they went back to playing seriously and we ended up winning the match.

Crossbones

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6422-8601-2334
Why does it seem some days splatoon is unplayable? I mean I’ll play over five hours of turf wars and be lucky to make it off my spawn and win three or four matches,Then you run into the issue of god-like players. I have swim speed maxed out in all gear and still have players without a single main that can keep up with me, and to top it off I average 8 splats ( not great I know) and 1750 points and the best player on my team has 500 to 700. This happens all day. am I literally getting the worst players available? You would think by chance someone on my team would play better then me or as good but it’s rare. I’m not saying I’m great I’m far from it but am I just imagining the opposing team has great players? how can this bad luck seem to be the norm?

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
8 splats is pretty normal for Turf Wars. It isn't ranked, people are a lot more spread out so splats are lower (unless you're team is seriously canping them in).

Do take into account that the winning team gets a bonus 1000p, people getting 700p is pretty normal, less so 500p unless they playing defensive support.

Turf Wars is a pretty variable game mode. Things can change at a moment's notice. Some days you just have abyssmal luck with your teams.

PhilipChrs

Inkling
I am beginning to ask my self what is the role or advantages of the roller in ranked. Shooters can ink faster, farther and it seems TTK is higher too, since I trade a LOT more up close than in the first game. It does not have an advantage up close what so ever, or the squid hitbox has become slightly bigger. Roller has become super inconsistent, there are times where I am sure it should splat but for some reason it does not. What is the real purpose of the roller? Cannon-fodder? If it just was more consistent...

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
On the point of weapon freshness, I have been working through a number of weapons that could be considered 'less than ideal' to work up to that point of maximum freshness, something that I also strive for in my produce incidentally. Right now the Undercover Brella is my ward, and I am constantly reminded why this weapon isn't in high demand from any of the top players. I have a hard time fighting with this weapon! It just doesn't do enough damage for me to want to fight with it! But I think the point is to be a sneaky squiddy and try to get in close to take advantage of the Brella class's close range damage. Maybe I'll try that in the future. Look forward to being able to pick up the Glooga Dualies Deco though!

On a more related note, I am glad that you no longer lose weapon freshness when you have to deal with a disconnect on your side. Then it just becomes a practice round to see if you can get work done with your current weapon of choice! Now if only we could get the same thing going on for the toxic squid partiers who love to show up to make things nice and awful for the room I'm in. Listen, SPers, that's the sort of things that Private Lobbies were invented for! Leave the rest of us to play the game the way it was intended! I'm sure you'll have more fun, and so will we! Stop ruining our progress!

Maave

Inkling Commander
Why does the rainmaker shot have to explode at the end? It's like a blaster / sloshing machine on steroids. It's really annoying on Triggerfish where the rainmaker holder can just spam shots at the corner and over the corner

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
There's two types of players. You have the one that use burst bombs strategically, to block a path an enemy is running and jumping in for the finishing blow. That use them to remove players that are hiding behind walls. See a teammate having trouble, throw a burst bomb to help, and all that other stuff. Know someone's hiding in ink? Throw a bomb to lure them out.

But then? Then you have those players who literally sit and do nothing but spam burst bombs. You outrange me massively and you have the higher ground, why are you choosing to literally just spam burst bombs this way and that? We're up close and you catch me off guard? Burst bombs of course. Cornered? Burst bombs! Switched to my splat brella, and they literally had no idea what to do when their burst bombs came into contact with my shield instead and I splatted them.

Like when did this become the older days of damage up + burst bombs?

Cephalobro

There's two types of players. You have the one that use burst bombs strategically, to block a path an enemy is running and jumping in for the finishing blow. That use them to remove players that are hiding behind walls. See a teammate having trouble, throw a burst bomb to help, and all that other stuff. Know someone's hiding in ink? Throw a bomb to lure them out.

But then? Then you have those players who literally sit and do nothing but spam burst bombs. You outrange me massively and you have the higher ground, why are you choosing to literally just spam burst bombs this way and that? We're up close and you catch me off guard? Burst bombs of course. Cornered? Burst bombs! Switched to my splat brella, and they literally had no idea what to do when their burst bombs came into contact with my shield instead and I splatted them.

Like when did this become the older days of damage up + burst bombs?
Oh man, I remember the nightmare of players spamming Burst Bombs during my time in Splatoon 1, I really hope that doesn't return in this game.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
I played an extremely annoying round of Turf War in which a few players from both teams started a random Squid Party in the middle of the map. I was having none of it and immediately splatted one of my partying opponents, since I wanted to play a serious round to practise using the Luna Blaster. Not to mention that I’m not a fan of Squid Parties anyway. One of my teammates then proceeded to follow me around and squidbag me.

Thankfully he stopped after 10-15 seconds and we had a semi-serious match in the end. Some people continued trying to have a party, but every attempt was stopped fairly quickly.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Random squid parties bother me to no end. Though splatting them never really yielded any results for me as they go right back to it. So I honestly just ignore and paint/fight around them. Long as they leave me alone, I leave them alone. Not to mention someone on my team ends up splatting them anyway, so eh. They're getting punished regardless.

And am I the only one that when I see the [WUT] tag (or a variation of it) outside of rank, you just..sigh? Because most members I run into that's not in rank, it's always with the squid parties and not actually cooperating doing the objective. Don't even get me started on Salmon Run. I know not everyone from there is toxic and like this, but man. I feel my block list is gonna be filled with them.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
And am I the only one that when I see the [WUT] tag (or a variation of it) outside of rank, you just..sigh? Because most members I run into that's not in rank, it's always with the squid parties and not actually cooperating doing the objective. Don't even get me started on Salmon Run. I know not everyone from there is toxic and like this, but man. I feel my block list is gonna be filled with them.
For me it's not the [WUT] tag, but the g&k one. Players with this tag are everywhere on the EU servers, and a lot of people I met with this tag were...less than great at the game. They're not a team, but followers of a French Youtube channel and the majority of them are probably fairly young. Haven't noticed any disruptive behaviour from them though, they're at least trying.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
For me it's not the [WUT] tag, but the g&k one. Players with this tag are everywhere on the EU servers, and a lot of people I met with this tag were...less than great at the game. They're not a team, but followers of a French Youtube channel and the majority of them are probably fairly young. Haven't noticed any disruptive behaviour from them though, they're at least trying.
TBH I actually prefer seeing WUT to G&K in my lobbies =p

...such is the state we're in these days.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
In a game where the level design heavily favors close range combat, and now with hackers on top of that, this one chooses to play chargers again in ranked. Surely I must hate myself.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I sure hope they add some more maps when the octo expansion comes out. Still hard to believe they released this game with only 4 maps....

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I sure hope they add some more maps when the octo expansion comes out. Still hard to believe they released this game with only 4 maps....
I thought they would only release one or two more maps? Which is sad since I really wanted Ancho-V Games back.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I thought they would only release one or two more maps? Which is sad since I really wanted Ancho-V Games back.

*shrugs*

Hell I would like to play Piranha Pit once or twice. All I ever see is the Towers, Mackerel, Shipyard, and Marina.

Not sure how many new maps will be released. Hopefully a few more even though they will never be in the rotation.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
clam blitz
scam blitz
sham blitz
clam quitz
clam ****z
damn ****z
man ****z
clam pits
crap bits
clam blister
crapper blister

If you can't tell, i'm not very fond of this mode.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
If what I heard is correct then the WUT tag was invented by a popular Youtuber who designed a tag for people who like squid partying. I don't know if that's the truth so don't quote me, but it might explain some of the uncool partying you are seeing around. Aside from people just loving to crap on other people's days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom