The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Duck the matchmaking in this game. Just duck it. I’m so ducking sick of the game seemingly intentionally ruining any sort of joy I get from winning a few games in a row and throwing me in with a follow up (and much longer lasting) losing streak. Or hey yeah sure. Let’s put 3 Aeros and a splattershot on the other team or give the other team 3 chargers all of which are apparently pro snipers.

I seriously can’t with this game sometimes. If god was a matchmaking algorithm, then he would not be present in this game.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
When you jump on splatoon for a few fun matches, but this first match pits you against tin can routers that shoot you from 2 seconds ago.

It's fine, I didn't want to play anyways. >=/

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
I love how much effort they put in EU Splatfest themes.. :rolleyes: Oh wait, it's shared with NA! You lucky little squids, you'll get to enjoy this masterpiece of Chicken vs Egg aswell. Besides the actual ''debate'' of religion vs science, it's not going to matter - if you look at the past Splatfest that include white ink, we already know it's going to win based only on that and the subject itself doesn't matter. My plaza is already blasted with ''idk about the theme I'm picking white ink'' kind of posts.

T_T I have too much salt in me now :p

Also gotta love the matchmaking. About to rank up and enemy has: three A+ and one A-. My team? Two A-, one A and me at A+. Perfectly balanced. Didn't derank but I had too many cracks so meter went down quite a bit.

Last edited:

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Wait what does this silly thought experiment have to do with religion and science???

Anyways I can already see that this is going to be a repeat of the Money vs Love splatfest where people are using a silly squid game as an excuse to be trashy towards each other which (now that I think about it) possibly explains why the stage for this one has a fight club-esque death pits lol.
Also if the official art doesn't contain Pearl in a chicken suit I'm gonna be really disappointed.
Wait, wait - PEARL is team chicken?
I didn’t choose Marina for once! *GASP* Well, my opinion forever stays with her choice for some reason, and that didn’t change now; I’m just going Chicken for the ink/matchmakes.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Wait what does this silly thought experiment have to do with religion and science???
That can be the deciding factor for some people. For example, a religious person would vote for the chicken because god created the chicken (or birds in general) first. Then on the other hand egg has a scientific explanation why it'd excist before the chicken.

I'm taking a squidkid game event way too seriously! :scared:

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Splatfest themes are usually very light-hearted and fun. I specifically remember one of the splatfests in S1 being Autobots vs. Decepticons. Sure, it was a silly idea that was likely more about a minor corporate decision rather than anything else, but I really liked that one! But this one is much deeper and philosophical than I thought we would be seeing from a game like Splatoon 2. Chicken vs. Egg! Or to put it another way, Creationism vs. Evolution. I'm just glad that the whole lobby didn't blow up with bashing from all sides of the debate due to the whole religious connotation of it all. Especially here in North America where people take their religion far too seriously! Can we just have a pleasant, civilized debate over which candy bar is better: Snickers or Butterfinger? Please...?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
._.

So many of us have already bought the Singleplayer/Octoling DLC
Please don't make us have to pay to play online come september, isn't the excess profit from the DLC enough?
Improved global online is too unrealistic, I know it is. I feel silly having hoped for it.
I cannot support paid peer2peer

Please don't leave me behind, Nintendo.

Jon914

Pro Squid
I've won 24 matches of TC in a row. At this rank, I've won 7 in a row (0 losses). I get a crack for losing this?!

I thought the system was more lenient on players who are higher power than the norm. Apparently not.

harsh.png

Padre

Pro Squid
Splatfest themes are usually very light-hearted and fun. I specifically remember one of the splatfests in S1 being Autobots vs. Decepticons. Sure, it was a silly idea that was likely more about a minor corporate decision rather than anything else, but I really liked that one! But this one is much deeper and philosophical than I thought we would be seeing from a game like Splatoon 2. Chicken vs. Egg! Or to put it another way, Creationism vs. Evolution. I'm just glad that the whole lobby didn't blow up with bashing from all sides of the debate due to the whole religious connotation of it all. Especially here in North America where people take their religion far too seriously! Can we just have a pleasant, civilized debate over which candy bar is better: Snickers or Butterfinger? Please...?

Same goes for those with faith in false lies of science. They take it WAY too seriously, and I am not even part of any religion, even false religious science. :)

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
If I've disconnected twice, I'm not risking Turf for the rest of the night. Salmon Run, though? Smoothest sailing possible. WTF, Splat2?
So I'll be going into Splatfest with a blank tee. Harglebargle. Weather, PLEASE leave my internet alooooone...
That being said, the few matches I was able to stay in I had some fun =p

Also from the perspective of someone who routinely does solo queue:
Yeah, it can suck not knowing anyone. But you can still add people you've played with recently if you go to your switch profile. So if you play with a squid who seems cool, remember the screenname and go send a friend request later. I may have never physically spoken to half the people on my list, but it's always great to have them drop into a lobby with me :)

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
If I've disconnected twice, I'm not risking Turf for the rest of the night. Salmon Run, though? Smoothest sailing possible. WTF, Splat2?
So I'll be going into Splatfest with a blank tee. Harglebargle. Weather, PLEASE leave my internet alooooone...
That being said, the few matches I was able to stay in I had some fun =p

Also from the perspective of someone who routinely does solo queue:
Yeah, it can suck not knowing anyone. But you can still add people you've played with recently if you go to your switch profile. So if you play with a squid who seems cool, remember the screenname and go send a friend request later. I may have never physically spoken to half the people on my list, but it's always great to have them drop into a lobby with me :)
How do you get into a lobby with people you've friended through the game? Every time i've tried it said I couldn't enter that lobby (even after being invited a couple times)... I've had people show up in my lobbies a bunch of times, it just doesn't work for me..

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
How do you get into a lobby with people you've friended through the game? Every time i've tried it said I couldn't enter that lobby (even after being invited a couple times)... I've had people show up in my lobbies a bunch of times, it just doesn't work for me..
For Turf War, if their icon says "full room" you just wait a few minutes for the match to end then the icon should show up as green.

After that it either drops you into their lobby or you're in a queue with a countdown timer,
waiting for anyone to leave that lobby after the match ends.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
...yeah, what Ansible said =p

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Got my highest 4P placing ever, but it was bitter sweet because, once we got our initial power level, Splatoon decided we were done. They played us against License to Krill three games in a row and two of the other teams in the top three another four times. Also had us against Spicy Kraken Rolls once.

All of this wouldn’t be so bad, but we were one win above our highest from gold:

I wish the game wouldn’t have decided we were done winning. There were plenty of other 1900-2100 PL teams for us to play. They didn’t have to jump us up to 2300-2400.

OctagonalKahn

Inkster Jr.
NNID
otagonalkahn
I hate how splatfests are locked into Turf War. The only map I like for turf war is the new one. I've hit Egg King so I literally have nothing to do in game. I was so bored earlier that I started up the first game. I was so bored that I TOUCHED THE WIIU FOR GOD SAKES!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Shifty Station this time around was a little too open and wide for my tastes, but eh. Next month =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom