• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

General Anemone sits down on his chair and decides to be truthful about himself.

General Anemone: I know I haven't been great with trusting those with opposite species, but since you helped us survive against the Crimsons, I'm trusting you. The reason why I didn't trust you before is because I wasn't sure if I could trust any Crimsons to not betray us. Now, I have a niece who is in this base, you might have already met her, her parents entrusted me to keep her safe from that awful DJ Octavio, I decided to take command of this army after a friend of mine perished in the rubble of some part of the Valley, he was the original commander and I made a promise that I will get our kind out of Octo Valley to make sure we don't become extinct. While the Crimsons had another place to be safe from the collapse, we did not. That is why I try my best to at least keep our Octolings safe as they are the only ones who can continue our species.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas stays silent for a second shocked at the new perspective of the Fall. (That’s what I’m calling that event btw) He sits there for a moment with a dumbfound look on his face.
He shakes his head and regains his composure. “Sir, I will do everything I can to protect her, you, and everyone here. It is my personal duty to do that. That is a promise.” He tries to look strong for a couple moments then sighs. “I...the reason I went the crimson was because I lost someone too.” He takes a deep breath and tells his full story, about his entire life, about his time in the army, his traitor infiltration mission, his friends, the death of his friends, even the part where he killed his own squadron out of rage. He finishes nearly in tears but holds it back pretty well. “That..that is why sir.” He finishes.

Cephalobro

General Anemone then decides to just tell his niece's name.

General Anemone: My niece Kelp decided to help me convince everyone else to join us before the Fall has started as the only way we could win is to fight as a team. I have already broken my ties with the Salmonids after they decided to help the Crimsons in taking over. So we managed to get the survivors to make an army of our own to be able to escape, with our mission to free everyone who were captured by the Crimsons.

After talking about himself, he decided to ask what Silas came to the office for.

General Anemone: So, what do you want to ask me?

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
He shuffles a bit in his seat. “Well I was gonna ask if, well, ya know if I could, um, go to the armory?” He looks up a little concerned now. “Cause...I need to do some maintenance on my weapons and was gonna see if I could find a new one?”

Cephalobro

General Anemone thinks about it for a second before deciding, then gives permission to Silas.

General Anemone: Alright, but make sure you lock it up after getting out of the armory, we have a designated weapon testing room, everyone is only allowed to test the weapons there and only there.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
“Thank you so much sir!” He nods while standing up. “Oh, I almost forgot to ask, is there a weapon’s master? Cause I have honestly have no idea what weapon I want.”

Cephalobro

General Anemone remembers that he does have an elite soldier group of exclusively male Octolings who are the most skilled on their respective weapons.

General Anemone: Hmm, you could ask some of the Octolings who are part of my elite Octospartans fleet, they are the best weapon masters around here, you may not have seen them because they are only sent when the enemy deploys their elites first, while the Crimsons' elites are exclusively female, our elites are exclusively male, I'll give them the word so that they don't go charging at you when you arrive.

General Anemone then picks up his microphone to talk to the Octospartans.

General Anemone: Octospartans, there will be someone going to your part of the base, he's a Crimson Octoling but he means no harm, so let him in without being aggressive, I trust that you can do that.

Anemone then shuts off the microphone.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Ooooh this looks cool :D)

Silas gets a little more confused and nervous then usual. “Um...sir? Thanks for letting me into this...organization and all but are you sure they are the kind of people who would just take me in unknowing who...WHAT I am?”
(Under his breath) “Though I do admit meeting some other eliters would be cool”

Cephalobro

General Anemone just laughs it off.

General Anemone: Even the elites have the utmost priority to follow my orders, they have to or I kick them out of the army, it's said by the rules in the base, no one is exempted from this, if they do anything terrible to you, just let me know. What I told them is essentially an order, so they have to be nice to you.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
“Well thanks sir!” After reviving directions from anemone, he casually walks down the hallway while inspecting his eliter. “You’ve given me some good times, old friend.” He slides it back onto his back and finds a door labeled Octospartans. “Well, no time like the present.” He says to himself,chuckling, and once again knocks.
*Knock knock knock*

Last edited:

Cephalobro

An Octoling opens the door and greets Silas, he says, "well well, it's the Octoling in which the General sent here", the other Octolings can be seen wrestling for fun inside. "Hey bros, come check out the cool guest!" he tells the other Octolings in the room.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(This is gonna be good)

Silas waves respectively. “Hello there.” He says to the octoling in front of him. Silas didn’t really know what else to say, so he kept alert until a opurtunity presented itself.

Cephalobro

The Octoling in front of Silas then says, "Come hang out with us! We might be brutes, but we're really only like that to the enemy." Another Octoling in the room then adds "I think this dude wants to practice his weapons, I see one that he got from the armory." And the third Octoling in the room says "Now dudes, I know we act like we own this part of the base, but I'm sure that we just have to be cool to this dude or the General kicks us out." Then the other Octolings in the room has agreed with it, all of the Ringed Octolings in the room now said "The Octamazons are the ugliest ladies to ever be in the Crimson army and as such we make it our battle priority to take them down!" the Octoling at the door now points out that this is the saying of the Octospartans until peace between the Ringed and the Crimsons is made.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas smiles, remembering all the good times he had like this with his squadron. “I see you guys are very aggressive and I like that.” He pulls his eliter off of his back and shows it to them. “This isn’t the weapon I got from the armory, this is actually a eliter, it I’ve made some mods to it myself.” He sets it down on the table, kicking the legs out on the sniper so it sets up. “You guys can check it out, it just got some maintence done while I was in the armory grabbing these.” He pulls out a tenta brella and a undercover brella. “I’m planning on making some modifications to these 2. Oh and bye the way...” he puts the 2 brellas back in the backpack, a glint in his eye. “How good at sniping are you?”

Cephalobro

An unseen Octoling comes out from the shadow of the room, he has a silent but deadly personality, "No chumps ever escaped getting splatted by my sniping skills" he says. Another Octoling says, "This guy is our designated sniper, he serves as back up, unlike us, he's always overlooking the battlefield." The sniper Octoling then says, "I provide backup to our Octosnipers, if an enemy escapes their shots, he or she is splatted by me." The sniper Octoling then picks up the E-Liter that Silas set down to take a good look at it, "Is its range untouched by the modification?" He asks then adds, "Because range is the E-Liter's greatest strength, hope you didn't decrease it."

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas feels a little rush of adrenaline when he comes out of the shadows. “First of all: you sound like a very great guy, and I apreciate your effort. Second of all: I agree range is one of the most important thing about the eliter, and it isn’t affected by it at all.” He points towards the scope. “The scope is a ATS Night-Arrow G-836 (yes I did research), modified to have thermal, night vision, and a adjustable zoom. It also can find weak points in the enemy’s armor and shows the condition right now, such as wind.” He points towards the stand and then towards the front of the barrel. “The stand auto-kicks when it detects that you are falling flat for a snipe, and the barrel will steady itself with a built in gyroscope and is silenced. Trust me, this was a monster to work on. The scope alone was probobly a whole year. The rest was around 3 years. I had to make the AI from scratch.” He thinks for a minute before continuing. “Yeah I think that’s about it.”

Cephalobro

The Octoling sniper hands the E-Liter back to Silas, "I can teach you how you can splat even the fastest enemy, they don't call me 'The Supersonic Eye' for nothing." He then takes out his own E-Liter, "It's all about noticing the speed of the enemy and timing your shots."

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
“I would like that very much, if you don’t mind.” Silas nods. “I’ve been pretty good in my shots, but I’ve been lacking in the speed category, so if you could help I would love that.”

Cephalobro

The Octoling sniper says "Meet me at the shooting range, the only place that we can use our weapons inside the base." The Octoling then exited the room.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas nods then realizes that he still had his stuff on him. “Um is there a place where I could put my stuff...?” He generally asks the other crimsons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom