• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

Coral: zzzzzz

Kelp: Aw, so cute, he's sleeping soundly.

Clam: *arrives outside with the Octo Boy Advance* Alright, here it is, this was the gift that our parents gave to him. We were happy, taking turns on it, even though I couldn't play it right since you know, I only have and only am one tentacle.

Cephalobro

Kelp: It's not that bad, the base is surprisingly roomy for what it is. Plus, the base can separate itself into many buses, which I think will be done tomorrow.

Coral: zzzz

Cephalobro

Clam: You can explore the base anytime.

Kelp: The General will show the rescued Inklings around, so you can maybe accompany them to know the base a little bit better.

Cephalobro

A while later, the Inklings woke up and headed down to the area in which everyone else hung out. General Anemone sounded the intercoms, "I will give the new arrivals a tour around the base, you can come if you want." The intercoms then turned off.

Kelp: *Coral in her arms* This is a perfect time to know our base better.

Coral: zzzz

Clam: He's going to show you many cool stuff.

Cephalobro

Later on, the General is seen showing the Inklings around the base, showing several rooms including an entire arcade that all of its machines can be played for free.

General Anemone: This is where you can go if you're bored, we also have a large wi-fi room in which you can surf the internet. I have already shown the bedrooms around, but the diner is where you're going to eat, not to worry as the bathrooms already come with floss, toothpaste and toothbrushes, just don't forget to flush after using the toilets. We don't need the buses to become stinky after the base transforms into them. Each bedroom has its own personal bathroom, so no need to leave your room in the middle of the night whenever you need to go.

Cephalobro

Kelp was sitting on the couch of the area where the Ringed Octarians hang out, some of them are talking while others are using their phones to scroll through the web. The football fish is seen taking a break from her chef-related duties. Clam is seen talking to a female Ringed Octobomber, who happens to be Kelp's sister, she is part of the support Splat Bomb users unit. Coral then wakes up, noticing that he is still in Kelp's arms.

Kelp: *Looking at Coral* Hello *smiling*

Coral: Um, hi *obviously nervous, even though he should've known by now that Kelp is an Octoling with mothering instincts*

Cephalobro

It is now nighttime, Coral and Clam can be seen at the arcade, many Ringed Octarians and Inklings can be seen at the arcade, but not enough to become crowded, the brothers wonder where they will have to go next. Coral is seen playing Octopus Leap, a similar game to Squid Jump.

Coral: We managed to take down an entire facility, but I don't know where we will have to go next.

Clam: One thing is for sure, with Octo Valley having very limited energy, the General would want to hurry so we can get to the next facility that has captured Inklings and rescue those Inklings.

Coral: At least we have more help now that we have rescued a big bunch of them and I'm 100% sure they want to escape Octo Valley too, so they actually want to help us rescue more so that we can escape. But I'm also worried that the Crimsons might find out about our plans eventually.

Clam: We already have two Crimson Octolings on our side, one of them left the rest of his kind to help us. But the other is still a little bit new to our base, but I know she will still help us. After all, those two could be the beginning of a much needed peace treaty between us and the Crimsons.

Coral: I hope you're right.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Kelp walked up to Coral and Clam. She was curious to see what Coral was playing and wanted to talk to him for a bit.

Kelp: Hey boys, how are you doing?

Coral: I'm doing great! Almost achieving a high score here, gees this water rises fast at this level! *trying to make sure the octopus escapes the water.*

Clam: This is make it or break it, you're almost there!

Coral barely broke the high score as the water reached the octopus, losing the last life.

Coral: Wow, my hands are sweating from holding the control stick and pressing the button really fast all at the same time.

Kelp: Coral, I want you to meet me outside.

Coral: Okay

Clam: I'm going to find a game that can be played with a single tentacle while you two do your thing.

Cephalobro

While Clam looked for the said game, Coral and Kelp went to the balcony area to look at the night sky displayed, there they talked about some personal topics that they now felt comfortable sharing with each other.

Coral: My dad always told me that one day, I will enjoy something that Inkopolis as a culture celebrates called "Splatfest", he would always tell Clam and I about his travels to Inkopolis.

Kelp: So, about Inkopolis, are those clothes you wear brought from there? Mine was definitely sent from Inkopolis when my parents did a one day trip to the city.

Coral: Yeah, my dad specifically liked the look of anchors and he thought I like the look of anchors too, so he got me the White Anchor Tee and the pants specifically for Turf Wars I wear to this very day to remind me of the good times, when he and my mom were still alive.

Kelp: My parents moved away to Inkopolis after the whole Valley started collapsing, they were forced to leave me behind seeing how DJ Octavio was looking for especially young Octolings who were on their way to Inkopolis, they told me that I would be able to meet them again someday, and I will make sure that happens! Especially when they gave me these shorts that girls in Inkopolis were wearing back when the Squid Sisters were the current popular idol duo and off course, this Black Anchor Tee to give me hope of that.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

The intercom finally sounded inside, which made both Coral and Kelp jump a little from the surprise of the sound of it. It was General Anemone speaking, telling everyone about the task for tomorrow and some safety precautions.

"Alright, time for you to get ready, as we are about to leave this part of Octo Valley tomorrow, so a reminder for Octolings, you will need to put on your armor for tomorrow just in case the Crimsons come to attack us on the way there! I must also warn you that the terrain might be a little rough on the way there, as what happened was that part of the Valley has just crumbled, although, this could actually give us height advantage so that the Crimsons won't be able to reach us without us noticing them first. Some Ringed Octarians members the Tentacle Troop will be stationed on top of the buses to provide a way to give us a heads up on incoming Crimsons."

"You might be wondering why it crumbled, well, let's just say the electricity of that spot was connected to another place that has ran out of energy recently, so it was only a matter of time that even more of Octo Valley became unlivable. Do not worry, shutting down that facility that kept the Inklings did buy us more time as it slowed down the rate in which energy was used in the Valley."

"As you guessed it, we will be going to the closest running facilities that also keep Inklings captured, shutting down each facility and rescuing the Inklings inside them will increase our odds at survival, both on the battlefield and when we are moving our base. I have used an area scanner to pinpoint the rest of the facilities, so I figured out the fastest route between all of them."

"Just one final thing I have to say, I know that we are facing some dark times, like being forced to fight for our freedom and lives, not being able to see the true sky as opposed to the artificial one in the Valley and with our species being endangered, it is truly a scary time for us, but luckily enough for us, we can turn it around with help from the Inklings who not only joined us but also from the rescued ones. Just stay strong and remember that our shared goal is to reach Inkopolis and be able to live without the worry of someone going after us, but reaching Inkopolis is easier said then done, but if we all work together, we can reach it and put this war behind us."

Then the intercom shuts off. Coral and Kelp are worried for which part of Octo Valley will crumble next because of the loss of power happening all throughout, it doesn't help their situation that the Zapfish around the Valley were taken by a mysterious individual who fought against the Crimsons by themself before this fight for survival started.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Heya! I’m back! I had to kinda take a break from sq for a while so I missed a lot of the action :/ I’m really sorry. Am I still in this? If I am I’ll just act like I was doing some stuff back at the base and talk with you guys)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom