• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

Meanwhile, Clam is dating Kelp's sister, they seem to talk about several topics, thinking about both their present and future.

Clam: So what is your role in the army?

Kelp's sister: I launch Splat Bombs on the battlefield to ease the pressure of battle for us, what about you?

Clam: Well, I'm a bodyguard for Octolings, you can't let the hope for a species' survival get captured by the enemy after all.

Kelp's sister: I hope my sister is okay.

Clam: She's more than okay, she's happy to be with Coral, which actually makes my job of protecting both of them easier since they don't scatter. I'm also happy that they are a couple. Makes sure that Coral won't be alone when I'm not around.

Kelp's sister: *realizes it's getting late* Looks like I need to go, the Splat Bomb support unit doesn't like it when its Octobombers sleep late.

Clam: I need to go as well, can't protect your sister if I'm tired, plus, the Tentacle Troop needs me to arrive on time.

With that, they both went back to their own rooms.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas smiles after Shark had left, and can finally relax. He looks at his backpack and sighs. “I should really get to bed.” He says to himself. Picking up his backpack, he hears the clink of the brellas he picked up earlier. “Dang it! I forgot.” He shakes his head. “I’ll just do that tommorow.” He flips off the light and walks back to his room to go to bed.

Cephalobro

Clam returns to his room to see Silas, meanwhile only asking because of curiosity.

Clam: How was your day? I can tell you're happier than before, like I can see you're excited. I'm happy as well since I saw Kelp's sister tonight, for a typical Octobomber, she's one heck of a girl. I like her.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas remembers his days with his own girl, before he left. “Well, I hope it works out between you too. You two weeks to be meant for each other.” He chuckles. “But my day has been pretty eventful. I met a old friend, got invited to the octospartans, recovered a lot of meaningful but painful memories, and...” He pauses to take the multiple tenta, undercover, and splat brellas. “...I think I got a idea for a helpful weapons” He puts them away. “But, I can’t make it tonight, cause we got to storm another castle, so to speak tomorrow!” He laughs. “ Oh this is gonna be a great day tommorow!”

Cephalobro

Clam then lays on his bed to prepare to sleep.

Clam: Yup, I have this worrying feeling that we might encounter Octamazons tomorrow, because you know, we will storm a facility that has tighter security. But at the same time, I would like to see the Crimson elites become flustered and all around confused at themselves by somehow being defeated.

Meanwhile, Coral and Kelp also prepare to sleep.

Coral: I hope things will go smoothly tomorrow. *tucks himself into his bed*

Kelp: I know everything will be okay, we just need to believe in ourselves. *tucks herself into her bed*

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(I’m going skiing the next couple of days so u probobly won’t be as active as I usually am.)

“Right, the octoamazons, almost forgot.” Silas grumbles to himself. That was a thing he didn’t really want to deal with for a while, but the time would come sooner than he liked. “Might as well get some sleep and wake up early.” Silas lays down on his bed, then winces because of all the cuts, bruises, and strains he had from the days past. “Gonna need to get that looked at...” He says slowly drifting off to sleep for a new day.

Cephalobro

(Alrighty then.)

As morning came, with the screens outside brightening up to emulate morning skies. The intercoms sounded, "Time to get up! We have a very busy day ahead of us! As I have told you before, counting as a reminder, today we are going to the next facility, setting up base in a safe distance. And as always, we are going to storm it in order to shut it down for good while rescuing whoever they have captured. I will have to remind you Octolings to also wear your armors just in case we get attacked on our way there! That also means you have to get your weapons ready to defend yourselves! That is all I needed to remind you to do. I will talk to you later as we are making our way to the next facility so you won't get bored." The intercoms then shut off.

Clam: *waking up and yawning* I can tell this is going to be a long day, I'm not going to like this. *Gets up and makes his way to the door*

Meanwhile, Coral and Kelp have already put on their armors.

Coral: I wonder what your uncle will talk to us about.

Kelp: Probably some true story, correcting some misconception or something else to help pass the time.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas was actually awake about 2 hours ago, working on his brella design in the corner quietly so he wouldn’t wake Clam. When he hears Clam get up, he sighs knowing he has to go and get ready. “Darn it, I’m not even close to being done!” He says to the air frustratedly. He notices Clam walking to the door and jumps up. “Hey wait for me!” He cries rushing after him.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp wait by the elevator for Clam and Silas, thinking about their future when they grow up.

Kelp: So, when we grow up, are we going to have children of our own? I know it's too early for us to be thinking about that.

Coral: Well, we just need to keep them safe, but our next priority is to be able to survive to adulthood to be able to have children, otherwise we would have too much responsibility on our hands.

Kelp: So we each cut our tentacles? Or we have to mate? I know it's too early to even think about that.

Coral: Well, we will have to see what the future holds, but our cut-off tentacles can become anyone, an Octotrooper, Octohurler or very rarely, another Octoling.

Kelp: How so?

Coral: Well, cut-off tentacles have this thing where it chooses to become any type of Octarian it chooses, but it often depends on how long it can hold out being separated from an Octoling, and even then, the subspecies that it chooses is random.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas walks toward the others with Clam. “Heya!” He says as he arrives at the elevator. “How you holding up?” He pushes down on the elevator so it will come to them.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp see Clam and Silas arriving.

Coral: Are we late? I really hope not.

Clam: We're not late, but we can't play the waiting game like that.

Kelp: We were waiting for you, off course. I wonder what's for breakfast today.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
“Hopefully something filling and energizing because we’re gonna need all that energy we can get.” Silas says as the elevator decends.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

As the elevator door opens, Coral, Kelp and Clam step in and press the button to the first floor.

Kelp: I heard they are serving krill burrito, that sounds delicious.

Coral: Was that on the menu last time?

Clam: No, but you can try it now.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas listens to the talk of breakfast and realizes that he hasn’t had a real breakfast since the short times he had spent with his parents. “I wouldn’t know what sounds good, cause I’ve only had assorted military-grade food or whatever I can find really.” He shrugs. “I guess this will be one of the first real meals I’ve had since, well I guess since I’ve been with my parents, which was a very long time ago.”

Cephalobro

Coral, Kelp and Clam know what he's talking about.

Coral: I know the trouble of having to eat that kind of food every day, when Clam and I were at a foster home, we would have to eat sea cucumbers every day.

Clam: It was the only food they served, it was slimy and disgusting.

Kelp: Well, my uncle did give me quality food from time to time, but when we couldn't afford anything good, we would eat sea snails. I just didn't like the taste at all and I could tell that my sister didn't like it either.

As the elevator arrives at the first floor, Coral, Clam and Kelp goes through the open elevator door, walking to the diner.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Skipping to when they arrive at the cafeteria thing.)
Silas takes one look at the krill burrito before instantly snatching it. He patiently waits until he can get to his seat. Once he gets there, he bites in to it and his eyes practically light up. “This is amazing!” He devours the entire thing and just lays back, appreciating how good it is compared to military-grade food.

Cephalobro

Coral, Clam and Kelp are enjoying their krill burritos, happily chomping them after sitting to a table.

Coral: Wow!

Kelp: Is this from Inkopolis?!

Clam: Looks like it is, this is delicious!

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
After waiting for the krill to settle before getting up. He walks back upstairs to his room and looks down out the window. Many octolings and other life ran around down below, preparing for the upcoming battle. Silas and Clam’s room was near the top, and that gave him a idea. He looks up, then smiles. He sees handholds in the wall that usually would be hard to see. He climbs out the window and carefully scales his way to the top. Once he gets there, he flops on the top, a bit winded. He stands up and looks around. He swears he sees another figure out of the corner of his eye, but after a quick search, he doesn’t see anyone. Shrugging, he sits down and relaxes at the sight of the rising sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom