• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

Coral, Clam and Kelp hurry to the outside of the base after finishing their krill burritos, they line up to the lines they went to in the previous battle, a few Ringed Octarians can already be seen lined up before they got there. General Anemone is standing outside waiting for everyone else to come.

Clam: I remember something I wanted to ask but never got around to it. *thinks about it, then remembers the question* General, is where we are going cold? I don't want these Octolings to get sick from the cold because a part of their torsos being exposed to the cold air.

General Anemone: It isn't cold, at least not when there's still energy left, if we are to get there before it gets cold, then we need to go there before power of that place is completely run out.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Shark is seen behind Silas, "Kept you waiting, huh?", he says. After that, he tells the reason why he's up here, "I always go up here in the morning to practice aiming on a free-range setting, just in case I need to splat some chumps who think they are sneaky enough get through our evening-to-morning defenses." He then puts down his E-Liter, "Today, our battle against the Crimsons will be somewhere else." He then decided to share some good news. "The General told me last night that the Crimsons ran away to Octo Canyon, another place close to Inkopolis." With a smirk on his face, he says "What cowardice they display when they know we are fighting back and winning."

Last edited:

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
(btw am i still in this?)
(i havent been using this forum (but have been using it on my schools chromebook XD) because my computer got screwed over... darn windows/linux)
i am flying into the distance and glance upon the inklings (the party), land, then tell them "im sorry i had encountered a fatal error and need to restart"

Cephalobro

(Yes, you are still in this. Also, I'm going to refer to your character by nickname rather than name since numbers can be hard to memorize after such a long time.)

Coral sees Project S landing near him, this surprises General Anemone as he has never seen a human-created being in an age where humans are extinct. Kelp and Clam are glad to see him back. The Inklings and the Ringed Octarians currently are also surprised to see him.

Coral: Wow, long time no see! We accomplished a mission to destroy a facility made by the Crimson Octarians. We rescued the Inklings who were trapped inside it.

Clam: Then we destroyed that building.

Kelp: But not before shutting its electricity down first.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Ho boy things have been happening since last I’ve been on lol)
Silas is somewhat startled, but somewhat expecting with his presence because this is what they used to do back in the day. He nods to Shark. “Agreed, and the closer the get to the center of the canyon, the less space they have to run.” He sees Project S landing and smiles. “Haven’t seen that guy in a while.” He looks at Shark. “By the way, how long have you been here?”

Cephalobro

Shark responds, "Since midnight, gotta make sure no hostile chumps ever get in." Shark then looks at the birdman who landed on the ground. "I heard of the Crimson's attempt to kidnap anyone who would be a great asset to their army in some way. I saw some of the things he's capable of, glad he wasn't captured." Shark then sees more Ringed Octolings and Octarians leaving the base. "Looks like we have to do the usual morning meeting with the General now." With that, Shark jumps off and does some parkour on his way down.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas ponders this for a moment before jumping down after him. He lands and walks with him to the others at the meeting.

Cephalobro

After all the Ringed Octarians and Inklings are out of the base, they line up to their correct lines. General Anemone talks about the plan for today. "Alright warriors, today, we are migrating to the nearest facility, I see that you got your weapons ready and are wearing your armor." He then continues, "That's a good thing, you can never be too safe with the Crimsons plotting their next attack when we are at our weakest." He then looks at the base, "The next facility has tighter security, so be ready to face off against some Octamazons once we invade it." With a push of a button, the base started splitting apart, with chunks of it turning back into buses. After the base became multiple buses again, General Anemone gave further directions, "Octosnipers and Octocommanders, you will be peeking out from the top to make sure we aren't attacked, everyone else from the Tentacle Troop are required to sit by the windows while Octolings are required to sit away from the windows. Inklings can sit anywhere they desire." After he gave that order, he assigned everyone to the buses, with Coral's group staying together in one bus.

Cephalobro

(You can choose whichever, I only said group so I don't have to keep listing out my characters' names, also, I think you meant Shark)

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Sorry for being inactive for awhile also yea I meant that lul)
Silas walks with the other octospartans to the bus they were asinged to and gets on. He looks at Shark and smiles. “Ready to take another down?” He asks like this is no big deal

Cephalobro

(That's fine, the first month of college was a big mess for me, but now my schedule is all figured out.)

Shark replies "I'm ready to take all of them down" he says, with a confident tone. In all of the buses, Inklings and Octolings sit away from the windows while other Octarians sit by the windows, with the exception of some Octocommanders and Octosnipes peeking out from the top as requested by Anemone. Clam sat by the window on the left, with Coral and Kelp sitting next to him. General Anemone then entered the bus that is going to lead the other buses to the closest facility. With everyone inside, the buses hissed before closing the doors. General Anemone then started talking through the intercoms.

"Is everyone ready? I know this is just basic common sense, but please use seat belts just in case the road gets rocky. Last time someone refused to put on their seat belt, they got seriously hurt by the bus going through a rough road." He then decides to tell a story to not only provide something fun to listen to, but also bring in more courage. "Now, I'm going to tell you an urban legend typically passed around at Inkopolis, there was once a quiet little rural town. It was close to a river, so fresh water was readily available." He begins and then continues. "However, there is a monster that lived in that river, it could go into any body of water and still not be harmed." He then decides to put on a scare. "That monster is none other than the Chainsaw Shark!" He says it loudly.

He describes the monster's appearance, "The Chainsaw Shark can rotate its teeth, very fitting to its name, it looks like a real Saw Shark, having a long nose with razor sharp teeth." With that, he tells what happened when it came. "When the monster rose out of the river, the townsfolk became terrified and ran inside their homes, unlucky for them however, the houses were made of wood. It used its teeth to tear through the houses much like they were soft butter." Anemone then continues, "Those townspeople eventually perished, leaving nothing but a ghost town." He continues the story, "It is said that every 1000 year, the Chainsaw Shark would rise from any body of water and continue its rampage, by the time monster hunters come to slay it, it's already too late, the monster destroyed yet another town and submerged itself in a body of water."

He then concludes, "Now, off course this monster is not real, if it was, camping sites in Inkopolis would be very off-limits. I hope this story gives you more courage when fighting the Crimsons, not that they are considered pipsqueaks compared to the monster in the story." After that he shuts off the intercoms. Clam seems to be fine but Coral is shaking with fear as he heard that, Kelp hugging him to comfort him.

Coral: I-i-is t-t-that story really true? *chattering his teeth or beak*

Clam: Off-f-f course it isn't, that's j-j-just some Inkopolis urban legend meant to s-s-scare people. Off course that didn't scare me, nothing scares me, ha ha! *trying to hide the fact that he's scared*

Kelp: *hugs Coral* It's okay, that monster w-w-won't get any of us. Or at least I h-h-hope not. *shivering from fear a little*

In another bus, Shark is unfazed by the story. "Pfft, I have seen scarier stuff than that, try to make an urban legend about something not based around a pre-existing species, then I might be scared." He says in a very confident tone.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas shrugs, agreeing with what Shark said and impressed at how a story could motivate and terrorize people at the same time. “Right now, I’m more focused on the plan, not so much on a folktale.” He says looking back down onto a map of the facility. “This is gonna be difficult, but the payback is gonna be great.” He nods to Shark. “Hey, thanks for helping me yesterday, I think that’s gonna help, and that meant a lot.”

Cephalobro

Shark then says, "Heh, it was no trouble for me, just glad I can help someone rebel against tyranny." He says, then continues, "Tackling this facility might require help from my bros, after all, those ugly Octamazons may be lurking around the generator." Back at the other bus, a map of the destination is shown, after some time has passed, the buses are now closer to it.

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
Shark then says, "Heh, it was no trouble for me, just glad I can help someone rebel against tyranny." He says, then continues, "Tackling this facility might require help from my bros, after all, those ugly Octamazons may be lurking around the generator." Back at the other bus, a map of the destination is shown, after some time has passed, the buses are now closer to it.
(i cannot be here anymore. if you want to know why, look at the off topic disscusion)
(im very sorry)

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Ah ok bye then it was nice having you)
“Well were almost here, so let’s get ready” He pulls out his sniper and smiles also pulling his new weapon he had created which was a cross between a undercover brella and a tenta brella. “What do you think I should name this?” He asks to everyone,explaining what it is so they all know.

Cephalobro

Shark thinks up of a cool name combination for the new Brella that Silas built, "Tentacover sounds like a cool name." He said. Back at the other bus, Coral is seen being hugged by Kelp who is doing it in her sleep.

Coral: Well, I didn't think she would do it even when she's sleeping. She looks sort of scared while doing so.

Clam: Well, she's probably having a nightmare.

Kelp: *talking in her sleep* No, get away from me!

Kelp then wakes up, realizing that she's still in the bus.

Kelp: Wait, that was just a dream.

Coral: Well, you held on to me during that nightmare.

Clam: We are about to arrive.

The intercoms sounded yet again, General Anemone spoke through them. "Alright warriors, we are almost there, we will just need to set up base at a safe distance." he says. "After we set up base, we are going for a mission briefing, as this facility is one of the more important ones for the Crimson, I heard a rumor that they experimented on someone here." he began. "Anyways, whether they experimented on someone or not, they still have Inklings captured there." he continued.

"Despite the importance of any facility, it is our current mission to shut all of them down forever, as the more energy they use up, the less likely we are able to escape Octo Valley." he said. "One more thing, we will shut that facility down today, I originally had planned for it to be shut down tomorrow, but with this part of Octo Valley being almost out of energy, I was forced to move the mission to today." he explained.

He concludes his explanation, "However, shutting down the previous facility reduced the amount of energy usage by 13%, so we bought ourselves a little bit of time, and off course, the more important facilities use up more energy than the less important ones, but if we are to escape Octo Valley alive, we will need as much energy leftover as possible, since the exit of Octo Valley is extremely far from all of the facilities." he finishes. He then gives directions, "Once the buses open their doors, everyone is required to get out, you will get to stretch your legs before the mission briefing begins."

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Ooh, this seems interesting! Hold on, I gotta make a character for this! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom