• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

As the Ringed Octarians target the cameras inside the facility, Clam starts to feel a slight headache, like as if there's something inside the facility trying to control him. Coral and Kelp stop in their tracks to help out the suffering Octotrooper, they notice that the other members of the Tentacle Troop also start getting headaches while the Octolings are fine.

Clam: Aargh!!! What is this headache?! I can't take it! *drops to the ground kneeling*

Coral: What's wrong, bro?! Talk to me!

Kelp: Seems like your brother is experiencing the brainwash effect, this can't be good!

Clam: *Squirming his way to Coral* Y-y-you t-t-two must go on without me. I d-don't know for h-how long I can prevent myself from being controlled!

Coral: But how do we stop the brainwashing from taking place?!

Kelp: That central computer must be the key, let's rescue those Inklings and shut it down before the Tentacle Troop becomes brainwashed!

It's at that point that Coral decided to take leadership role temporarily in order for the mission to be accomplished, Kelp decides to call Anemone and ask him for advice.

Coral: Alright everybody, we don't have much time! Let's find those Inklings and shut down this facility, the sooner we do this, the sooner we can get out with no loss!

Kelp: *Calls Anemone* Uncle, this is really bad, the entirety of the Tentacle Troop is being brainwashed, what do we do?!

General Anemone answered, "I feared that a day like this would happen, the only cure for that is a song from Inkopolis. I didn't make that up, many Crimson Octarians came to their senses thanks to that song. You may recognize it as 'Calamari Inkantation', that song is key to us winning this war and escaping! But, if you can shut down the source of the signal, you can prevent the brainwashing altogether." During that conversation, many Ringed Octolings were already searching for the captured Inklings, hoping to free them in time.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Rebekah hesitated a bit. Just a bit. She hoped the other Octolings wouldn't notice, but they did. Without much choice, she began to sing the song that had saved her life. They began to stop and remove their goggles. She really hoped DJ Octavio hadn't noticed. "Come on," she whispered. "We should get going. You need to find somewhere safe."

"Us?" one asked.

"But what about you?" asked another.

"I'll be fine. If I die, I know at least I'll be somewhere safe." There was a hint of melancholy in her voice. "Well...wish me luck."

Rebekah snuck around the facility trying to find the power, as an Inkling agent battled Octavio one-on-one.

Rebekah struggled to find the source of power, hoping to rewire things before she was spotted. Her heart pounded in her chest; she was terrified. If she could find the source of power, she could stop all this madness. She hoped that at least Agent 3 could succeed where she failed.

Cephalobro

(For the sake of this story being something that can relate to everyone, I will be keeping Agent 3's identity and appearance unknown since they are a player character.)

A group of Ringed Octolings finally reached the place in which Inklings were captured, once they found them, they didn't hesitate to break the glass prison keeping the Inklings trapped. They then evacuated the facility while Coral and Kelp continued on to find the master control, hoping that they would be able to shut it down before Clam and the rest of the Tentacle Troop get brainwashed, thankfully, the Tentacle Troop hearing the song that Rebekah sung actually bought time for Coral and Kelp to shut down the facility and stop the brainwashing waves being emitted from the inside. Once they found the master control area, Kelp called the General.

Kelp: *Calls Anemone* We found the master computer, what should we do?

Anemone says "I will send out a rescue squad, but since they are Octocopters, they are going to take visual and sound clues and stay farther from the facility until I give them further orders." Coral then starts working on the central control computer to shut the facility down, after the screen displays the shutdown + the self-destruct sequence. He activates that sequence, causing the entirety of the facility to shut down followed by a self-destruct sequence starts with the clock starting at 2 minutes. It is then at this time that the brainwashing wave stopped being emitted, allowing the entirety of the Tentacle Troop become relieved and escape the facility, the Ringed Octolings following them, except for Coral and Kelp since they wait for the rescue squad. Conversely, all the tentacle Crimson Octarians come to their senses and escape the facility with the Crimson Octolings who were brainwashed following them. It's at this time that the rescue squad destroys the ceiling of the room in which Coral and Kelp are in right now, carrying a platform in which Coral and Kelp gets on. The rescue squad waits for anyone else who might not be able to escape the facility before it explodes.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
As Rebekah struggled to find the right cords, Lana and Noah continued to walk among the other Octolings, hiding in plain sight. They had earplugs in to prevent I am Octavio from getting to them, an invisible design invented by Rebekah.

Cephalobro

As the Ringed Octolings put on the earplugs just in case they start becoming hypnotized, they evacuate the facility along with all the Crimson Octarians who came to their senses and the Tentacle Troop who stopped feeling the headache. Back at the master control room, the ceiling is blasted away by the rescue squad, consisting of many Ringed Octocopters carrying a platform, both Coral and Kelp board the platform in order to escape the explosion. The rescue squad then lifts the platform through the big hole they made on the ceiling. The brainwashing signal has been deactivated thanks to the shutdown. Everyone else is seen running out of the exit, Ringed Octarians, Crimson Octarians, their respective Octolings and even the Inklings. Clam is leading the crowd back to the base.

Coral: *Relieved* Wow, I did not think we were going to make it.

Kelp: *Breathes a sigh of relief* That was a close one.

Coral: So, what are we going to do about our probation?

Kelp: I don't know, maybe we should be part of the supply run tomorrow. I don't know, could be fun.

Coral: Plus we can catch up on our relationship and try to keep it together.

After everybody fled the area, the facility explodes, leaving nothing but a rubble of broken machines and a smashed antenna that formerly emitted the brainwashing signal from the inside. Back at the base, everyone celebrates 3 positive things that have happened tonight, an alliance that grew exponentially, the rescue of the Inklings and the destruction of one of the most important facilities that DJ Octavio couldn't afford to lose. The tides of battle turned into the Ringed Octarians' favor thanks to there being even more Crimson Octarians who are willing to help and even more Inklings who can keep the base safe while there's a battle going on. Everyone is seen back at the base

General Anemone comes to the front of the crowd, "I have something to say and I would like to say it now." The Ringed Octohurler starts, "You all have done a great job out there, even more Crimson Octarians and their Octolings have joined our side, greatly increasing our chances at survival and eventual escape. With even more Inklings who joined us in our efforts, we now stand strong against that brainwashing tyrant!" he says very excitedly. "Another bit of good news, energy consumption in Octo Valley has decreased by 41%, so we should be good to take the day off for tomorrow and to focus on replenishing our supply." He finishes, with a big smile on his face.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana pulls off her goggles and smiles subtly at Noah, who quietly nods back.

Joy found Rebekah, as her mission was complete. "You did amazing back there," she admitted. "I didn't know if you'd make it. I was really scared."

"Well...it was kind of painful and awkward in there, I'll tell ya that," Rebekah answered, rubbing her sore arm. "And I really had to look out for flying ink."

Some Octolings came out and began to crowd around Rebekah as if she was their hero.

(So...after this, what about doing the Undersea Metro?}

Cephalobro

After the speech, Anemone demanded that Coral and Kelp come with him to his office, it was about the probation. Coral and Kelp didn't even have the time to change back to their Turf War outfits. "Now," General Anemone said, "You two are in big trouble, so you will have to work off your probation one way or another. You can't get the day off tomorrow." he finishes. He then continues "There are toilets that need scrubbing, lights that need fixing, or the most boring job of them all, going on the supply run with the usual Delivery Tentacle crew I hire. You won't be able to get there fast, but hey, at least you won't have to deal with whatever gross things are in the toilets. So which of these will you choose?". After some consideration, Coral and Kelp decided to do the supply run.

Coral: I feel we need at least some Octolings out there keeping the delivery crew safe out there once in a while.

Kelp: Which is why we decided the supply run, besides, we have been keeping in touch with outside help, so I think this would allow us to find even more outside help.

After hearing what they had to say, General Anemone says, "Alright, but I will only let you off probation if the supply delivery is successful, we may have gotten the advantage in numbers, but that comes with the inherent disadvantage to need even more supplies as well. You two have a long day of work tomorrow." he finishes.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
A petite, slim Octoling, with her tentacles twisted nicely behind her, smiles at Rebekah. "We should hang out later, Bekah. I have some new music I'd like to brainstorm with you!"

"Thanks Yumena," Rebekah replied. "Should we head back to Inkopolis?"

"I'm not sure," Yumena answered. "Is there a way to get up there?"

Cephalobro

After the talk with Anemone, Coral and Kelp realize that it's getting late and that most already went to sleep, they leave Anemone's office and head to their room, holding hands now that there is more time to catch up on their love.

Coral: *Thinking about how tomorrow will go for him* I really hope there won't be any complications tomorrow.

Kelp: *Thinking about how tomorrow will go for her* Just as long as we don't get attacked, we should be fine.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
*Rebekah and Yumena find a nice spot and Yumena begins to show her what she's come up with. Meanwhile, Lana and Noah begin to explore life unbounded, seemingly curious about everything, while Shizue and Joy chat it up.*

Cephalobro

As the Octoling couple get to their room, they take turns in the shower, knowing full well of each other's privacy, Kelp goes first, Coral waits for her to get out, he plays his Octo Boy Advance while he waits, the game that he plays this time is Octo Tennis, a game in which the characters are several Octarians with their own unique stats such as speed and power.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Rebekah watches the activity around her; though it's mostly Inklings, she sees several Octolings walking around as well.

Cephalobro

After Kelp gets out of the shower, she puts on her pajamas in the closet, during which Coral goes to shower after removing his armor.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana and Noah are currently trying to get used to Inkling society. They have both just purchased phones and a set of new clothes, although it turns out they weren't as good at the language as they thought.

"Um..."

"Can I help you?"

Lana thought for a while. She thought of the lessons from the fluent Rebekah. "Ah, can I...can I be taking the...how is the word...sweater?" She hoped she was actually referring to a sweater and not something else.

"Which one? You'll need to be more specific."

Though Lana didn't quite understand the flamboyant jellyfish who ran the clothing shop, she looked through them and pointed to a deep blue pullover. "This."

"Of course, honey."

Lana nodded and took it off the rack, then searched all around it.

"Are you looking for the price, dear?"

"The...price?"

"You'll need money to take that with you, you know."

"Ah, yes..." Lana searched her pants pockets and handed her a handful of money. The clerk gave her some of it back.

"What? Why do you give back the money...?"

"You don't need to pay all that, sweetheart. That's your change."

"Change...?"

"We try to have you pay the right price, so anything more is given back. You'll understand eventually."

Lana didn't know what "eventually" meant, but she hoped it meant something good. She thanked the clerk and walked away with her new...sweater. She removed the hanger and slipped it over her T-shirt. "Noah?",

Noah turned around.

"How do I look?"

"Well, that sweater suits you okay," he replied.

"Ah, I used the right word, thank goodness..."

"Did you have trouble?"

"I haven't really caught on with my Inkling lessons," Lana admitted. "I'll have to talk to Rebekah again."

"Yeah, me neither. And...me too. Sorry, that was awkward..." Noah chuckled.

"The creature who ran the shop was a Jellyfish; it spoke Inkling though, and it seemed to be good at it."

"Well, we don't know any Jellyfish whatsoever so I guess that was kinda lucky."

Lana chuckled a little.

They then noticed some confused Inklings passing by. Oh snap.

They struggled to converse in Inkling to avoid conflict, though both of them were awkward at such a language.

"Ah, why will we not go up to the...the small place up there?"

"Yes, that is sounding the good idea, no?"

They're both embarrassed, but one of the Inklings mutters something about foreigners and moves on, while the rest engage in their own conversation.

"That was a nice save."

"Um...well...thanks..."

"So, uh...why don't we actually go to the café? It looks like a nice place."

"Um...sure."

The socially awkward siblings walked hand in hand, then they saw that some familiar faces were sitting around one of the larger tables and decided to join them.

Cephalobro

The time rolled by when Coral and Kelp went to sleep, by the time that the artificial sky displayed a sunrise on its screens, Coral and Kelp woke up and put on their Turf War gear to get ready for the day, back at the other room, Clam decided to get a few extra hours of sleep since he worried too much on the day before. General Anemone is seen talking to his supply delivery crew, being composed of 10 Octocopters and a few Twintacle Octotroopers. "We need more fuel as well as more food to support such a big army, we already have the bedding figured out, oh and don't forget more toothpaste." as he finished talking, Coral and Kelp arrived on the scene. "Are you two ready for the day? You don't need your armor for this one." It was such a relief to hear Anemone say that, Coral and Kelp wore their armors pretty much the whole day yesterday, it will be a nice change of pace to not wear anything heavy for a whole day.

Coral: You will not be disappointed, sir!

Kelp: We will do our best to come back safe and sound.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Heya! I’m sorry I had to take a break from squidboards for a while, but can I come back in? I also see we have a new character! This should be fun!)

Cephalobro

(Yes, you can come back in, we just went through the second facility in the story. Basically, what happened was that it was the typical storm the facility, save the Inklings and shut the facility down forever/make it unusable.

However, this facility had a brainwashing signal that gave Clam and the other members of the Tentacle Troop a big headache. The facility's destruction freed many Crimson Octarians who were brainwashed in the facility and now they help the Ringed Octarians in escaping. Both Octarian species as well as the newly rescued Inklings now live at the base.

Also, Coral and Kelp ignored Anemone's orders because they saw a potential ally far away and now they are on probation because of their actions, which brings to the current time where Coral and Kelp need to help the supply crew in order to get off probation.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom