The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Anubi nonchalantly says “The Underworld. Kind of far from here, dontcha think?” He says smiling at his own joke

Cephalobro

Shark then tells him about where he came from, "I'm from Takoyaki County, which sounds strange considering that's where Crimson Octarians live in", he is obviously not going to talk about his past to someone he just met.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
The Takomari Squad (as I have now dubbed them; "tako" and "calamari" since there are both Inklings and Octolings :P) enters the building, and they immediately greet General Anemone warmly.

"We heard a lot about you, general," Shizue says respectfully. "I'm very excited to meet you; I'm sure you've met some of us."

Lana nods and waves, and Noah bows. Rebekah waves cheerily.

"Some, maybe not so much."

Yumena smiles shyly. Joy grins and winks playfully. Daniel nods, his arms crossed. Rachel salutes, giggling a bit.

"But I'm sure we'll be alright. You want to escape Octo Valley, yeah?"

Cephalobro

General Anemone greets the group in front of him just as warmly, "Welcome to our base!" he said. He then remembers seeing the Octolings in the group who helped the Ringed Octarians destroy the facility, rescue the Inklings and converting many Crimson Octarians to their side, both Octolings and the tentacle sub-species. "Ah yes, I remember seeing some of you helping us out there. I really appreciate the huge growth of this army that you provided the way to.", he says with a smile. He then decided to tell a story as the reason.

"Escaping Octo Valley has been not only my goal but also the goal of the Ringed Octarians as a whole. You see, I had some good friends who visited the surface long before we became an endangered species. They came back with news that it's a lot safer than these underground areas." he pauses, then continues. "Before this fight for survival happened, the Ringed Octarians and the Crimson Octarians didn't differentiate from each other, they were once a single Octarian species. But that cruel DJ ruined this for all of us, splitting the species into two, while the Ringed Octarians managed to fight off the brainwashed Crimson Octarians, we faced many losses during the battle and after the battle because of energy loss. As some sort of punishment for us, Octavio locked us Ringeds out of all the kettles except for one, which ironically was not able to be locked because it needed a lot more energy than what the domes had."

General Anemone pauses, then continues, "I became the leader of the Ringed Octarians to lead them to that kettle and escape, but I knew the odds were heavily stacked against us, which prompted us to rescue the Inklings who were captured and give them a much more pleasant environment to live in. They decided to help us in return for their rescue, they help keep the base safe while we are off on a mission." he finished the story.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"So this kettle that takes you back," Rachel wondered. "Is it really hard for you to get back to? I remember that I could always return to Inkopolis after a good mission, but..."

Cephalobro

"This kettle is really far away, no matter which point we start journeying from, it will take days to reach it, even requiring all of the remaining power in the Valley for even a chance at escaping." General Anemone stated. "I have mapped out the shortest routes between the facilities so that we are able to get to them on time and shut them down forever so that power consumption will be reduced."

Cephalobro

"I can give you a tour around the base if you want to, or you can explore it, just stay away from the Octospartan room, they can be a bit rough in terms of greeting new arrivals. Also, as per policy, remember to flush the toilet after using them, this base is unlike any other as it can split up into multiple buses for transportation and the last thing we need is the nauseating smell of whatever was inside the toilet if it wasn't flushed before the split.", General Anemone explained.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Anubi gives a knowing nod. “Ah yes, Takoyaki. I’ve been there many times. Beutiful place.” Silas glances st him sideways. “Why have you been there so many times?” He asks. “I have my reasons.” Anubi answers, then turning to Shark once again. “Have you ever been close to death?”

Cephalobro

Shark answers the question, "That one time where I betrayed my past peers, due to them doing morally questionable things. They tried to execute me, but I managed to escape nonetheless." he still tries to hide the fact that peers that he's talking about are the Crimson Octarians who tried to raise him as one of their own.

Cephalobro

General Anemone says, "Oh yeah, we also have a policy that Octolings must wear armor when fighting the enemy Crimson Octarians." he said. "This is especially important now since the armors that we make here look different in some levels from Crimson Octarian armor." he continued. "Our armors for girls do have the same size and shape like the old Crimson Octarian ones but is adorned differently while the ones for boys have the front being completely open" he finished explaining. "This is so no one gets confused by who is an ally and who is an enemy during combat".

Cephalobro

"Well, you have the option to close it if you want. We thought of everything before starting this journey." General Anemone reassured.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"Oh, good!" Noah sighed in relief.

"Can you show us the uniforms?" Lana asked curiously.

"Also, do we Inklings just use our Hero Suits or what?" Dan wondered.

Cephalobro

"You Inklings can wear whatever you want, the reason why my Octarian army has to wear the uniforms is to distinguish us from the brainwashed Crimsons." He explained. He then took out both the male and the female versions of the armor to show them. "Coral and Kelp, come over here wearing your armors so that I can show our new arrivals what they will look like.", this is when Coral came out wearing his armor, being a metal jacket with the front open, Coral isn't wearing a shirt under this as per policy to not go overboard with abilities.

Coral: Hey guys, like my serious battle look?

General Anemone then decided to ask Coral to show how his armor works, "Coral, show how the armor can be closed."

Coral: Sure thing, sir! *Reaches for the flexible sliding doors that can slide from the inside to the outside, then uses the locks on the front to keep it locked*

General Anemone then explained the reason for this, "Some of our male Octolings like living on the extreme when in battle, so it is open for them to do so if they so wish while those who want to be on the safe side, can just close it like that." After General Anemone explained, Coral went away and Kelp appeared, wearing her crop top armor and again, no shirt underneath to not go overboard with abilities.

Kelp: Hey guys, like my look?

General Anemone explained the reason for this, "Well, we kind of had to cut costs at the time of making them, we had limited resources on metal. This is how our armor maker decided to make the armor look like this, however, many of our female Octolings here actually like the look of them." he finished explaining.

Kelp: It gets comfortable after you have worn this more than once.

After that, Kelp went away.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana changes in the bathroom, putting the armor on. She looks at herself in the mirror, then folds up her former clothes and puts them away, leaving the bathroom. She tosses her hair out of her face and walks back down to where the others are.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp walk back into the room, now wearing their Turf War clothing.

Coral: *Gives a thumbs up* Looking good!

Kelp: Welcome to our army.

General Anemone says, "Now that you're part of my army, let me know when you want to know where your rooms are, I allow anyone to be roommates with anyone, except with anyone from our Octospartans group, the Octospartans like to roughhouse. I don't want anyone getting hurt while in the base." he explained, then continued, "Now here are some ground rules for you to know, first, no weapons can be used inside the base except in our designated weapons testing room, we have quite a lot of members who can't respawn and I would like it if they weren't scared for their lives of accidental splats. Weapons go to the weapon locker, if you want to test your weapon, you must ask me for permission to go to the weapon locker first. Once you have my permission, you can test your weapons outside or in the designated weapon testing room only." he finishes explaining.

He then continues to explain the rules, "You are to listen to my every command, I am a very serious leader so I expect my troops to take me seriously. Not even the Octospartans dare to ignore my orders. The first time you ignore my orders, I put you on probation, but that first probation can be worked off. The second time that happens, you will be put on probation that cannot be worked off. Now if you are stupid enough to ignore me a third time, I'll kick you out of the army, I really hope it never comes to that. I am strict for a reason and that reason is that I don't want to lose any troops in battle. Got the rules memorized? I hope so." he finishes explaining, then adds one more point, "I almost forgot, if for some reason you want to visit the Octospartans, come to me first, it's the only way they won't hurt you on sight. I specifically trained them to be merciless to any enemy regardless of gender or appearance, but as I said before, the Octospartans aren't above any rule, so they have to listen to me if they want to keep their position. If you see a potential ally when we are holding our positions and want to meet them, then call me for permission to do so, speaking of that, you cannot have DJ Octavio's contact number here. We don't want potential double agents or spies interfering with our ultimate mission to escape."

Coral: Trust me, being on probation is very boring.

Kelp: They take the fun stuff away from you.

Coral: We speak it from experience, don't make the same mistake we did.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Seeing as he can’t get Shark to give anymore info on himself, he holds out a hand intending for a handshake. “Well nice meeting you Shark. Oh, and by any chance, if there a place to spar?”

Cephalobro

Shark shakes Anubi's hand and says "Nice to meet ya, Anubi.", he then says "Do it in the training room where our tentacle members go to."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom