• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

(Alrighty)

Coral feels a huge pain on his ankle as the Scrapper rams into him, he turns around, even angrier than before. Determined to absolutely destroy the Scrapper, he turns into his octopus form and swims around it after forcing it to become stunned.

Coral: Ow! You will pay for that! *shoots the Scrapper on the back, making it explode, its metal pieces scatter*

It did not take long for Coral to continue being aggressive toward the rest of the Salmonid horde, especially those who possessed Golden Eggs. This happened while he grabbed the Golden Eggs from the Scrapper and placed them in the basket. For once, he was a fearless Octoling with one goal in mind, to learn every single weakness that the Salmonids have just in case they declare war on the Ringed Octarians. Although, he hopes that it doesn't happen until his species repopulate with more Octolings.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

As Coral continues to splat Salmonids, he soon finds green circles around him, he knew what this meant. A Flyfish is in the area, this makes Coral become a little scared as he never faced an enemy who can use Tenta Missiles before, he did hear about this being a prototype at this time, but even with this reminder, this still scared him. The fact that no matter where he goes to try to be safe, an enemy being able to take him out without moving an inch makes him uncomfortable.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Joy has been doing well so far, splatting Salmonids and getting eggs into the basket, until bigger, stronger Salmonids surround her, and the Flyfish appears. "Oh no...come on, where are my bombs? Someone throw a bomb, I'm in a bit of a jam here- ouch!"

"WHY AREN'T YOU SHOOTING YOUR GUN!?" Dan shouted from afar.

"No room- closing in- if only I could take one of those frying pans- AAAUGH!" She was immediately replaced by a life raft. (The part I'm planning will come in time. :P)

Cephalobro

(Okay)

Coral hears the mention of bombs and promptly swims to the spot where he could get closer to the Flyfish.

Coral: *Throws a Splat Bomb in the Flyfish's left basket, resulting it being destroyed* Booyah! Another weakness is known!

After that, he kept splatting Salmonids who kept getting closer to him, waiting for the moment in which the Flyfish to launch its Tenta Missiles again so that he can throw another Splat Bomb into its remaining basket.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"Help...?"

Lana runs over and pulls Joy out of the life raft. "I hate Salmonids," Joy confesses...which causes more Salmonids to run after her. Lana splats most of them with her Brella, but one keeps going strong. Joy grabs her Dualies and splats it. "Alrighty, who's next?"

Cephalobro

Coral sees the Flyfish open its remaining basket and hurriedly throws another Splat Bomb, making it crash into the ground. Coral laughs triumphantly knowing he destroyed something that caused him fear. Not noticing a bobber directly under him. It was then that a Maws swallowed him whole, causing his spirit to hop around in the life raft.

Coral: Alright, that's it! One day, if a war occurs, I'm going to ask an Octostriker to launch an Inkstrike on this island!

Coral then moves his life raft toward the rest of the group, hoping they will revive him.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Daniel sighs and revives Coral, while Noah splats as many Salmonids as possible, silently and efficiently. Daniel watches him for a bit; these Octarians are good at this. Daniel grabs his Roller and aids him, though he isn't used to helping Octarians, and keeps an eye on him just in case he rebels.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(Off-topic: Honestly, I can't decide which gender to play as in the Octo Expansion...I mean, the girl is cute in sort of a shy-young-girl way and matches my IRL gender, but the boy is also kinda cute in a sort of bashful-high-school-guy way...wait, can you customize your character in Octo Expansion later or just at the beginning?)

Cephalobro

After being revived, Coral turns his gaze toward the bobber, after he sees the circle flashing, he leaves a Splat Bomb behind so that the Maws will swallow it. After the Maws swallowed the Splat Bomb, it explodes, leaving three more Golden Eggs behind.

Cephalobro

(You can customize your character later during the campaign. I personally played as the boy exclusively since he matches my IRL gender. And about customization, you will be able to customize an NPC character later, but only once. I won't tell you who it is, but it is someone from the first game.)

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Rachel walked up to Lana and chuckled. "Hey, new girl."

"Huh...?"

"I have the ultimate test for you."

"Test?"

"Booyah!"

"What?"

"Booyah!" (woomy)

"Boo-yes!"

"No, booyah!"

"Boo-yes?"

"Booyah!"

"Yahboo...?"

"No, it's 'booyah!'"

"Buoy-ah?"

"Ugh. I give up. You foreigners are so weird."

(Sorry, I had to...XD)

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(If you're confused at what's happening, Rachel is trying to get Lana to booyah back. :P Unfortunately, Lana's accent makes it hard.)

Cephalobro

After Coral deposits the three Golden Eggs that were dropped by the Maws, he notices the quota is reached, after which he keeps splatting Salmonids. He starts getting homesickness.

Coral: Best not to think about this, I must keep splatting the Salmonids that come after me. Man, I miss Kelp... *murmuring to himself*

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Rachel happily aids Lana in splatting the Salmonids; unfortunately, Shizue is stubborn.

"C'mon, Shizu, just help me already!"

"I can't help you. I'm a sniper. I have to fight alone."

"I'm surrounded by these wretched beasts, Shizue!"

"Use your...optimism or somethin', I dunno."

"I don't know how to do this though."

"You're an ag...nevermind. Ask Zero...wait, she's a sniper too."

Zero was busy reloading her gun.

"JUST SHOOT THE SALMONIDS ALREADY, LIKE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST HOUR!" Dan yelled in frustration. Noah jumped.

"...um, Dan, I am thinking you should..."

"Sorry," Dan muttered.

Joy managed to shoot a few Salmonids before she was suddenly hit hard. "I JUST DIED AGAIN!"

Upon respawning by Zero, Joy finally got in her right mind and began actually doing some work.

Last edited:

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(Joy doesn't seem to be very good at Salmon Run, even though she's good at Turf War and Octo Canyon.)

Cephalobro

Coral goes to revive Lana after hearing the commotion of the group. He shoots Lana's life raft after he splats the Salmonids in his way.

Coral: Oh no, not letting anyone getting in the way of being able to revive my teammates! *shooting Lana's life raft*

He then notices a huge Steelhead coming out of the water. Being terrified of it at first, he then notices that it's too slow. He wonders how he would take it down. He then notices the bag on its head being filled with its saliva.

Coral: Come on guys, the first wave is almost over! We can survive this!

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
"Ha! Take that!" Joy shouts triumphantly as she speeds around the Salmonids, feeling much better than before. She grins triumphantly, before she is hit in the back and splat once again. Annoyed, Shizue revives Joy again.

As Joy is being revived, Zero splats more Salmonids, and more...she never misses. This is what she was built for, clean, obedient...barely alive. Not much goes on in her head that isn't supposed to.

Rebekah decides to ask her. "Zero, can you tell me how you got here? I know what you are, but...I thought they were all in the underground..."

"The work shift isn't yet over. I have no time for useless conversation."

By the end of the shift, everyone is tired (except maybe Zero). They relax for a bit.

"So you were wondering about our little friend here?" a passing Grizzco worker asks. "She was working under Kamabo Corporation until its leader was damaged beyond repair; he agreed to sell her to us just before he passed on. She's a good worker; she does everything without complaint. However, I wish she was more interesting...Sanitized Octarians don't do much other than what they're told."

"What was she doing with the computer?" Bekah asked.

"She does programming for our facilities in her spare time," he replied. "Very useful. We at Grizzco are aiming to advance our technology to make work more efficient."

"She seems pretty...off...when she's not doing work," Yumena added. "I mean that literally. She's either hyper-focused or unresponsive."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom