• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

(Don't worry, Octolings just respawn after they fall too great of height)

As the fighting continues, Clam notices a key ring on one of the Crimsons, the key ring has the bus key attached to it.

Clam: Kelp, go distract that one and Coral, go grab that key!

Coral: You got it, bro! *turns his attention to the Crimson with the key and transforms into his octopus form in order to grab it*

Kelp: *Distracting the Crimson with the key* You can't catch me! *transforms into her octopus form to keep distracting the Crimson*

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Also @seth_the_inkling if you thought that was dark you shoulda looked at my last post :)
Turning back, Silas sees the distraction going on and smiles. That would have been him and his buds... (lol I'm doing a lore dump here) He shakes his head to get him back to the moment. He notices a object quickly moving to him and ducks it. He turns and faces a elite kelp octoling. "You guys better hurry up, this will not end well if it goes much longer" he calls to the others.

Cephalobro

After Kelp provided the distraction, Coral grabbed the key from the Crimson before going back to battling.

Coral: Got it! *quickly places the key in his pocket*

Kelp: Alright! *splatting the Crimson in which the key was stolen from*

Clam: Now we just need to get to the bus! *snaking around while defeating more Crimsons along the way*

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Firing a couple more shots to distract the elite crimson, Silas slinks away undetected to join the others at the bus. They all arrive at it and he looks it up and down. "So this is the bus huh?"

Cephalobro

Clam: Yup, big enough to become a base while also merging to become even bigger.

Coral: Let's hurry and get in!

Kelp: The sooner we get out of here the sooner we can get to the camp!

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"Good enough reason for me!" Silas says jumping inside. It's surprisingly roomy, "Any of you know how to drive or am I gonna have to do it?" He asks.

Cephalobro

Clam thinks about it for a second and decides to be the one to drive.

Clam: I'll do it, there must be a single tentacle mode installed to it. *jumps inside*

Coral and Kelp pick a seat inside the bus, with Kelp insisting to sit next to Coral.

Coral: *Sits next to a window* Looks like we are sitting here.

Kelp: *Sits right next to Coral, purposefully placing her hand next to his* We are ready to go!

As Clam turns on the bus after Coral gave him the key, the Spawn Point inside glows a rainbow color. The bus is seen leaving the garage and going to the Ringed Octarian camp.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Aww I kinda wanted to drive XD)
"Alright, I guess that's that. " Silas says plopping down. Looking up, Silas sees a little hatch with a fold down ladder. He unfolds the ladder and peeks his head out the top. A beautiful landscape meets his eyes as he looks out. Canyon walls as high as the eye can see, towering above all. Cacti dotting the walls, creating a beutiful landscape. "Wow." Silas thinks. "Reminds me of home." A smiles pokes at the corners of his lips.

Cephalobro

(Oops, but don't worry, the buses will be the central hub of this story, also, free mode activated)

Coral notices Kelp's hand right next to his hand and blushes. Clam notices that happens and smiles.

Coral: Um, ugh... *at a loss for words* So... *still not being able to speak*

Kelp: *Notices Coral taking a liking to her* You like me, don't you? *smiling*

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
(can I join?)

Cephalobro

(Basically, free mode is an opportunity to flesh out your character without slowing down the plot, showing their backstories or having moments where characters can interact a lot more. Linear mode is when the plot is in progress, this RP has both modes in order to allow creative freedom without interfering too much with the plot.)

(Also Enperry, you can join, but first, you need to register your character in the linked thread: The Escape from Octo Valley (Character Sheets) )

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Basically, free mode is an opportunity to flesh out your character without slowing down the plot, showing their backstories or having moments where characters can interact a lot more. Linear mode is when the plot is in progress, this RP has both modes in order to allow creative freedom without interfering too much with the plot.)

(Also Enperry, you can join, but first, you need to register your character in the linked thread: The Escape from Octo Valley (Character Sheets) )
(Ah I had no idea what that was so thanks. I'll need some time to flesh it out tho, so this make take awhile ;)

Cephalobro

(Ah I had no idea what that was so thanks. I'll need some time to flesh it out tho, so this make take awhile ;)
(You don't need to flesh all of your character out in one go, there will be more moments in which free mode will be used.)

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(You don't need to flesh all of your character out in one go, there will be more moments in which free mode will be used.)
(Oh ok then I'm also sorry for not being that active buuuut not sorry because school is hecktc)
Silas plops down on the opposite side of the bus relaxing after months of stress and combat. He was so tense, it was extremely noticeable. "Agh I wish things could just go back to the way they were..." he says quietly to nobody in particular.

Cephalobro

As Coral and Kelp watch several buildings pass by, Kelp decides to ask Coral a question, one that would be harmless otherwise, but this one is tough on him.

Kelp: So... When do I get to meet your parents? You never talked about them.

As Coral heard that question, he was instantly reminded of his parents and became sad.

Coral: *sigh* Well, I should tell you why I never talked about them. I apologize in advance if I get teary-eyed.

Kelp: Oh no, I can tell this is sad.

Coral: When Clam and I were younger, we have played outside. However, on that day, a power shortage happened, things that were suspended in the air by power began to fall. Then something huge fell right on our house, destroying it. The worst part was that our parents were inside, they didn't survive. *begins sobbing*

Kelp: *hugs Coral* I'm so sorry, I didn't know. Shh shh shh, it's going to be okay, I can be your new caretaker. *gentle whispering*

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas glanced over and bit his lip. He knew exactly how he felt. "I'm sorry. I know how you feel." He says in a attempt to comfort coral in any way possible. "I had parents too, but I don't know where they are. I did know them a little bit before, you know, the war, the draft, and..." Silas trails off remembering everything that has happened to him. He puts his head in his hands. "Where did everything go so wrong!" He says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom