• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

Clam pushes the button to the floor in which their room is located.

Clam: Well in tough situations in which I have to jump over gaps or get to Coral whenever he is in trouble, you could say I did some of it.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
He nods. "Yeah that's the general stuff, but have you ever, like wallrun, or needed to slide under a bar or something." He nods to himself, remembering himself in those exact situations. "I've had a plenty of times where I've needed to do those things, and they've come in handy." The elevator door opens and they both step out into the hallway. The sounds of happy chatting octolings is abundant throughout the corridor, and it brings a smile to Silas's face, reminding of the good times, where that would've been him and his friends. He sighs and shakes his head, focusing back in on Clam to be considerate for his answer.

Cephalobro

Clam sees the door to his and Silas's room, approaches it and opens it.

Clam: Well, here we are, now during days that we have missions, the General will wake us up through the intercom. The mission is something that we have to arrive on time after all.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Sorry for the reeealy late post)
Silas nods. "I guess that's one thing I'm used to, routine." He is about to begin his nightly routine when he stops. When had he ever had his own bed and home he would call his own? He stopped, grabbed his necessities and used his quad-lock to lock his backpack, but not before he grabs his sniper real quick.

Cephalobro

(It's fine, I was busy today at various times.)

Clam chooses the bed that's closer to the door, something he always did whenever he and Coral shared a room. He's used to it since he did it all the time to protect his Octoling brother. Clam knows that an Octotrooper like himself can't react quickly after resting, but he has more awareness as a trade-off for being a bodyguard.

Clam: I choose this one! *sits down on the bed* I wonder how Coral is coping having to share a bedroom with someone else.

Meanwhile, Coral and Kelp get ready to sleep, they are already in their pajamas.

Coral: Well, looks like tomorrow will be our first rescue mission, I hope those Inklings can survive the night. *lays down on his bed*

Kelp: Poor squids, they didn't do anything terrible but they got kidnapped without Inkopolis even noticing. *lays down on her bed*

Coral: Well, hopefully, we will get there before they get experimented on.

As Coral lifts the blanket, Kelp gets up from her bed and covers him with the blanket, only leaving his head out.

Kelp: Good night, don't let the bed plankton bite. *kisses Coral on the forehead, then goes back to her bed to cover herself with the blanket, only leaving her head out*

The light in their room turns off as Kelp flips the light switch next to her bed.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Awwwww ain't that cute X3)
He nods to him. "That's fine. Never really had a bed before, so I'm assuming there's a sort of heiarchy with this sort of stuff." He drugs. "Anyway, I never go to bed before I do my rounds, so I'll head to the balcony (I'm assuming there is one) to do them. Have a good night, I'll keep watch and see you in the morning. You will be safe, don't worry. But if you do need something, I'll be outside." He motions to his backpack while he's rummaging around for the night vision attachment. "You could probobly eventually find what you need in the pack, but whatever you do, stay out of the locked area,ok?" He says in a pointed tone.

Cephalobro

Clam closes his eyes to rest after a long day of fighting. Coral dreams that he's in Inkopolis enjoying the nice summer heat while playing Turf War. Kelp dreams of a peace treaty between the warring species, eventually merging the two Octarian groups back into one.

Coral: Yeah, we are on fire! *in the dream*

Kelp: Hey, do you want to go shopping sometime? *in the dream*

Clam doesn't have any specific dream, in fact, he has trouble sleeping without worry.

Clam: Must sleep, why am I so worried for tomorrow?

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
After hours of scoping down to the land below, Silas becomes tired and decides to go get some coffee to perk him back up. He walks in seeing that Clam is still up. "You all right? You look stressed." He says looking him over.

Cephalobro

(Sorry for not being online much during noon, was super busy with one thing after another and delays happening at the same time.)

Clam tells Silas about his worries for tomorrow.

Clam: I'm worried about Coral, what if he gets captured during the mission? I don't know if it's a good idea to even send our Octolings into a dangerous mission like that.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(Should I transition to the next day? Just asking since I don't want to rush the story unless it's agreed to. I don't want to rush anyone either.)

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(First of all: sorry I haven’t been active.
Second of all, yeah that’s probably ok, we should get it moving along :D )

Cephalobro

(It's cool, I was just checking)

Morning just came, everybody slept until the intercom sounded, General Anemone spoke through it. "Rise and shine, warriors!" he said through the speakers. "We have our first rescue mission ahead of us, so for those who we gave uniforms to, come wearing them." He continued. "Now everyone must come outside for a roll call, I will explain all the details fully once you get there. This is very important information before you go on the mission, so come prepared to listen to details!" He said as he turns off the intercom.

Clam wakes up and gets ready to go out of the room, hearing footsteps of the other Ringeds on the hallway heading to the diner to get some breakfast.

Clam: Good morning Silas, I'm going to head down to the diner to meet up with Coral and Kelp. *opens the door, heads out and closes the door*

Meanwhile, Coral and Kelp change into their armors.

Coral: *Wearing his open jacket armor* We should try to meet up with Clam and Silas.

Kelp: *Wearing her crop top armor* We can meet up with them at the diner.

Coral: Okay, but we don't have time to keep waiting, as the mission is in 30 minutes.

Kelp: I wonder what they have for breakfast today.

Both Octolings now head out of the door of their room, with Coral closing the door after leaving. Coral and Kelp now hold hands as they head to the diner.

(Also, don't worry about the 30 minute thing making this take too long, I just made that on the fly to pertain to in-universe time, not real world time.)

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Cool cool. This is going to be good :D)
Silas bolts up after he hears the call and goes on autopilot. He flashes his armor on and grabs his backpack jumping through the door. He has the run up and over Clam and the others to get by. He realizes who they are and waves to them before continuing his way down.

Cephalobro

As Clam sees Silas bolt through the door, he also saw both Coral and Kelp in the elevator set to go to the first floor. After Coral and Kelp saw Clam and Silas, they arrived at the diner and waiting for both Silas and Clam. Octolings already in their armor uniforms are seen at the diner, along with other Octarians sitting and talking with them.

Clam: Alright, so what are you thinking of getting? I'm going to get a crab sausage. *walking down the hallway*

Coral: Choco-Eelies cereal.

Kelp: Salmon egg omelet.

(Had to completely change my post after becoming aware that they met up)

Last edited:

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
As they draw nearer to the end of the hall, the distinct sound of heating argument can be heard from the mess hall.

Voice 1: So we've gone from being inducted into one army to being inducted into the other one? I don't see how that's much of an improvement!

Voice 2: We're not fighting a war, Fuchsia. We're fighting to the exit! We're just helping them in return.

Voice 1/Fuchsia: Sounds like fighting for an army to me.

Voice 3: Fuchsia, I'm just as upset as you. But if I have to fight for.....Octarians....I'd rather it be the ones who aren't using mind control.....

Voice 1/Fuchsia: Well, if she weren't so insistent on investigating that abandoned subway, the only thing we'd be fighting is the Salmonids at work!

Voice 2: Who said you had to tag along?

Fuchsia: Yeah, because showing up to work myself wouldn't be suspicious at all. Why would I ever not want to be fired from my job and investigated as the prime suspect in all your disappearances? Oh, and how could I forget likely being sued by your rich family. That sounds like a BLAST!

Voice 4. Uh...excuse me, I don't want to interrupt.....but I think there might be a rule against fighting. Maybe instead of arguing over how we got here, we should focus on getting back home. Um, if you don't mind that is.

Voice 3: Vermilion makes a good point. We're here now, whether we like it or not.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

As Coral, Clam and Kelp exit the elevator, they see 4 Inklings arguing.

Coral: That's strange, I thought the General said we were going to rescue Inklings.

Kelp: Maybe he sent a secret team to rescue these four late at night?

Clam: Well, we do have nocturnal units who guard the base while we sleep, they found those Inklings while patrolling outside, I heard those Inklings were being chased by Crimsons hoping to capture them, but thankfully, our nocturnal units splatted those Crimsons and brought these Inklings inside to keep them safe.

Last edited:

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
Three of the four turn to the new arrivals as they mumble amongst themselves, leaving the latter to continue his tirades.

Fuchsia: Good point or not, I think I have every right to be upset about this situation! Furthermore, next time one of you wants to go on some kind of adventure, I don't want to hear it when I tell you it's not a good idea! And on that note.....

Inkling 4/Vermilion: *Silently reaches an arm to his head to turn it toward the door*

Fuchsia (to the new arrivals): Ah hah hah hah haaaaaaah. Don't mind me, I'm just uhhhhh, passionate about not dyin....

Inkling 2: *knocking him with the back of her hand* Maybe you should be nicer to the army that saved our lives instead of blowing them off.

Fuchsia: Please, these aren't the guards that we actually owe anything to... *is smacked again*

Vermilion: You uh....really shouldn't mind him though. He's uhhhhhh

Voice 3: A moron.

Cephalobro

Clam: Oh well, we don't expect every Inkling to be polite with us.

Coral: No need to be scared of us, we aren't like the other army at all.

Kelp: We are just looking to make peace and live in Inkopolis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom