• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

Cephalobro

(It's morning in the story and everyone got ready for the day. With the clean-up from the story's last night's party to be the first thing to be done.)

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Silas sits up and groans, a little bit hungover from last nights party. He slides out of bed and it takes him a little longer to get awake and going than usual. “Ughh that was a great party yesterday, but I know we still gotta clean it up. “ He walks over to the elevator and heads downstairs to see what he can do.

Cephalobro

The group sees Silas arriving at the lobby.

Coral: Looks like someone had a lot of fun in yesterday's prom. *smiling*

Clam: Shouldn't we meet General Anemone outside so he can give us orders on who cleans up what?

Kelp: That's what I heard.

Ocean: I really hope we can get this done as soon as possible so we can get the day started.

As they were talking, many Octarians are seen heading outside to meet General Anemone.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
“Yeah yeah, shush.” He says smiling and following them. “Anubi is going to stay up there longer because either 1: he is lazy or 2: he has something important to do. I’m going to go with option 2, it makes more sense.”

Cephalobro

Coral remembered that the journey is not done yet.

Coral: Let's all go outside to meet up with General Anemone so he can give us instructions on what we have to do for the day.

With that, everyone headed outside and saw General Anemone waiting for them. They lined up with the other Octarians who were already outside. General Anemone spoke, "Alright everybody, today is going to be a busy day! We will have to clean up this mess. After cleaning up, we will tackle the 7th facility and maybe we will have time to go for the 8th facility. Now, these two facilities are the toughest ones you will encounter, DJ Octavio knows that we are too strong for him to be playing around this time. But I can count on you to take them down, after all we have accomplished, we can't give up now. But if the 8th facility is too hard to take down on the same day, we can tackle it tomorrow instead." He paused and gave instructions on who cleans up where, "Now, Octolings are going to clean the inside of the base while everyone else cleans up the area outside of it. Remember, only clean up the mess from the prom, I have placed a trash can on the inside and another on the outside. Now let's get to it!"

With that, the Octolings headed back inside to clean up the inside while the rest of the Octarians went to clean up the area outside.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

After everyone has cleaned up, the Octolings went back outside bringing the trash can that was inside, containing all sorts of things from last night's prom. General Anemone took both trash cans and said "Great job everyone, this mess is clean. After we dispose of this trash in the trash cans, we will get on with our day.", after he said that, a group of Octobombers picked up the trash cans and carried them off into the distance, they come back after 10 minutes with the same trash cans, but empty.

General Anemone started talking to everyone about the mission, "The 7th facility is highly packed with security, so we can't just brute force our way on this one, what we should do is chip down at their numbers before going in. The team who makes the gadgets you see being used has worked on one that tricks radars into thinking it's one of us. Our targets are the higher-ranked enemies first, then we worry about the lower-ranked ones. Once their numbers were severely reduced thanks to some of our Octostrikers also helping, we move in, rescue the Inklings and then destroy the facility.". As he finished this long explanation, he takes a look at how much his army has grown from a weak number to a strong number since starting this journey.

After the base split into the buses again, everyone headed into their assigned buses to continue on with the day. As the buses drove off, Coral realized that he's close to seeing the surface world that his father often told him about. A different world where the light of day is natural, while he got a glimpse of it at Inkopolis's Grizzco, he has yet to feel its warmth, he has yet to see what night looks like on the surface and if it's as beautiful as his father told him it would be.

Coral: It's hard to believe that this fight for survival is almost ending.

Kelp: That means that we have to make sure we can finish it.

Clam: The surface... a completely different world than the underground areas that we were forced to live in for so long.

Cephalobro

Clam looked behind his seat and noticed an Octoling who is the source of that voice.

Clam: *turning to Hachi* Hello!

Meanwhile, Coral thought about why the 7th facility is highly packed with security, he doesn't know the importance of that one compared to the previous ones that were taken down.

Regardless, General Anemone will make further scans of the inside thanks to selective x-ray tech that scans through the walls.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Clam replies to Hachi, "Nice to meet you, I remember seeing a Blaster being dropped on the floor of this bus, did you check under the seats to make sure it wasn't accidentally kicked around?"

Meanwhile, the buses are going through a mostly collapsed part of Octo Valley.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

General Anemone speaks through the intercoms, "We're stopping here because we're close to the 7th facility, risking another invasion that happened to us is not a good idea, not after we had seen what happens to members who can't respawn." he pauses for a second, then continues, "Your mission for the day is to find a way inside that facility and rescue those Inklings. We will talk more about this mission during our briefing. For now, head outside so the buses can merge and become the base again."

All the Octarians and the Octolings in the buses headed outside for the mission briefing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom