• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Escape from Octo Valley (IC)

SteakTartar

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-9002-5732
Yashi is excited about the Prom. He goes to get proper clothes. Once, he thinks he sees something speed by, but he might not have. He gets some nice clothes. He sees Fu while he’s there.
Yashi: Wanna go to Prom with me?
Fu:*giggles*Sure!
Yashi:Ok, see you there.
He checks out, and heads back to base

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp go to the store with the other Octolings, once they're done they all return back to the base. Once they return to the base, they see that the outside of it is where the party is going to be. They are all amazed at how it resembled a Splatfest event taking place. There was a table with fruit punch and some cups, the bowl was being filled up with the fruit punch. Coral and Kelp hurried into their rooms excitedly. The other Octolings go to change into their newly bought clothes.

Coral: *finishing putting on his suit and tie* Wow, this night will be magical. I really do hope to cherish this night forever, even if it's in the middle of some hard time. *puts his new shoes on*

Kelp is in the bathroom putting her dress on, very excited to have a magical night with Coral.

Kelp: Yeah, despite what we are going through, I would hope to forget about it for one night to have fun. *putting her new sandals on*

When Coral saw Kelp come out of the bathroom, he was amazed at how she looked. By the time Coral and Kelp came out of their room, they see all the other Octolings ready for the prom, waiting in the lobby because of the front door being locked for the time being.

Coral: Wait, why are they keeping us waiting?

Kelp: I think they are trying to amaze us?

Just then the door unlocks itself and opens, revealing the dance floor, decorations in the likeness of the Squid Sisters and Off The Hook. However, the first thing they saw was a red carpet leading to the area of the prom. Since the screens in the dome were simulating the night sky, it was dark. None of the Octolings could see anything until the show lights were turned on, eventually leading to a radio with some speakers, the same ones that were used to play Calamari Inkantation a few days ago. In front of it stood an Octohurler figure, "Alllrrright everyone! DJ Anemone here about to give you some hype music! For this night only, I'm not going to command you to do anything, except to follow one rule which is to not go overboard on anything!!" he explains, intending to give hype within his voice. "The first song you'll hear tonight comes from Off The Hook! It is called Color Pulse and it will get the night going!" this is when he sets the song 'Color Pulse' to play.

Coral and Kelp start dancing to the song happily, meanwhile, Shark is seen hanging out with an Octoling who used to be an Octamazon before joining General Anemone's army.

Clam and the Octobomber who is Kelp's sister are seen dancing together.

Clam: Hey, due to the amount of work that we would have to be doing so much lately. We are hanging out, but I never got to ask for your name.

Kelp's sister replied, "My name is Ocean and thank you for protecting my sister for me, my position in this army wouldn't allow me to do so."

Clam: Ocean is a beautiful name and yeah, I try to protect her the best I can, not just for my brother, but even more so for you.

Ocean: I hope we will get to spend more time together, our siblings already got to do that, so how about from this point on, we do it whenever we take breaks?

Clam: That would be great, Coral and Kelp now sort of protect each other and I would hope this night strengthens their love for each other even more.

Last edited:

SteakTartar

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-9002-5732
When Yashi changes into his clothes and heads outside, he hears a familiar song to him. Off the Hook was super popular when he was in Inkopolis, and this was his favorite song of theirs. It felt like Inkopolis. He found Fu. They danced and danced. At one point, he saw Coral and Kelp dancing. Yashi asks Fu if she has any siblings.
Fu:Yeah, I have 2 brothers.
Yashi: Cool. I don’t have any siblings.
Fu: Oh, that’s too bad.
They had a great time

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp kept dancing, having the time of their lives. Coral noticed the entirety of the Octospartans dancing with the Octolings who used to be Octamazons.

Coral: Looks like they put their past behind them.

Kelp: I love it when both of them let past conflicts fade and become more friendly.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Oof I know exactly how my characters will react to this XD)
Both Silas and Anubi stand around uncomfortably in their suits. “So...what now?” Silas asks. “I...honestly have no idea. This wasn’t in The Plan.” Anubi responds. “At least nothing can go wrong...I hope.” He says knowing that both him and Silas have concealed weapons. “Well I mean if someone comes up to us then I guess we roll with it?” Silas shrugs.
As if on cue, a teal colored octoling walks up to the both of them. They both hesitate because they are both uncomfortable around girls, but soon their worries fade as she breaks into a big smile. “Heya! Thank you sooooo much for helping us. All of us, really.” She gestures to another group of octolings chatting. They notice her and wave. A look dawns on both of Silas’s and Anubi’s face. “Ah, no big deal.” He says. “Just doing what I can.” She giggles at that. “Oh silly, you did much more than that! You basicly made us...well us!” Anubi chucked at that. “Yeah I guess I did. Anyways have a good night.” She waves and skips back to her friends. Occasionally, one of them points in their direction and a round of giggles ensues. “Silas?” Anubi asks “Yeah?” Silas looks towards him. “Thank you. Thanks for being my friend.” Silas smiles and looks back at everyone else. “Yeah. Right back at you buddy.”

Cephalobro

Just as everyone was dancing and having a good time, the music ended. Anemone spoke through the microphone again, "Alllright everybody, DJ Anemone here! The next song will be a song from the Squid Sisters, this one is named 'City of Colors', a classic song from when they were Inkopolis's sensational idol duo, willing to tire out their vocal cords so the Inklings can have their fun! You will listen to it here and now!", just as he finished talking through the microphone, he set the radio to play 'City of Colors'.

Coral and Kelp instantly started dancing, as if their feet and bodies decided to move for them.

Coral: Now I see why they played this song two years ago during Splatfests, it gets you moving!

Kelp: I feel a new surge of energy inside me, no wonder I heard it re-energizing everyone in Inkopolis Plaza!

Clam and Ocean look over to where Coral and Kelp are, they both smile at their siblings having fun together. This in turn also allows them to have fun together as well. Many Octarians are dancing to this song along with the Octolings. Some Octarians did take breaks between some dances, some of them drinking a cup of the fruit punch juice while they sit down and talk about some things.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

As 'City of Color' ends, Anemone has one more song planned to conclude the night, "Everybodyyy, find a date if you want to dance for this song 'cause this one is romantic! This is the surprise song I have been hiding and now you're about to hear it!" after he said the third and final song for the night, he began playing it, the lyrics were about being together forever and consisted of a male and a female voice singing it. It was a slow dance sort of music, many Octolings went to find their dates to dance with them. The entirety of the Octospartans is dancing with the female Octolings who were Octamazons. Coral and Kelp danced with each other, Coral put one of his hands on Kelp's waist while Kelp put one of her hands on Coral's shoulder, both of them interlocked their remaining hands together as they danced to the song. They have locked eyes on one another as a result and remembered the day in which they became boyfriend and girlfriend.

Kelp: This is the best night of my life, I am very happy to have met you.

Coral: I am very happy to have met you too, I'm glad you enjoyed being with me.

Clam and Ocean are watching Coral and Kelp doing their slow dance to the music.

Ocean: Seeing them being together even in these harsh times makes me happy.

Clam: They are clearly born to be together, to be with one another forever, I hope nothing changes that.

Last edited:

SteakTartar

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-9002-5732
Yashi and Fu dance. Once the slower romantic music turns on, they kiss.
Yashi: I love you
Fu: I love you too
Yashi: I wish we would have met in different circumstances, that way we could spend more time together. Once we make it to Inkopolis, we will spend more time together.
Fu: That would be wonderful.
And the night went on

Cephalobro

As Coral and Kelp danced to the song, they decided on what they want to do once they spend more time in Inkopolis.

Coral: You know, I might miss the time we spend together in our bedroom.

Kelp: I know! Let's get married once we get more accustomed to our life in Inkopolis!

Coral: Great idea! I just hope Clam is okay with this.

Kelp: I hope Ocean will be okay with this as well, but I'm sure both of them will allow this.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(Just a heads up, I’m going to be camping for next week or so so I won’t be available to post. Continue the story, I’ll just catch up when I can)

Cephalobro

(Okay, I might post less during these days because I will be preparing for the final Splatfest. But I will continue the story at any chance I get. Also, I'm trying to think of a way to conclude the night so the plot can move on.)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

When the music ended, it was already late. Everyone knew they had to head inside the base. This wasn't a waste of a night, however, as General Anemone wanted more Octolings to be dating each other as that's part of his plan upon reaching the surface. This part actually worked even better since this allowed the relations between the Ringed and Crimson Octarians to become even better and making sure they would be reunited on a genetics level, with the Octospartans now dating the former Octamazons.

Everyone went to their rooms without General Anemone telling them to. Clam begrudgingly went back to his own room since he wanted to see Ocean more, but he made it a commitment to see her more often. Coral and Kelp happily went back to their room and changed into their pajamas. General Anemone decided that it was better to clean up tomorrow since everyone needed sleep.

Coral: This night was the best, it will be hard going back to fighting the enemy tomorrow.

Kelp: I had the time of my life tonight, we are closer to the end of this journey. I'm pretty sure that my uncle will talk about this tomorrow.

Coral and Kelp decided to sleep together, this was the result of their relationship becoming even better and more unbreakable thanks to the prom night. They kiss each other on the lips before going to sleep, from which they sleep closer to each other than that other night in which Coral had a nightmare.

Cephalobro

The screens in Octo Valley brightened with emulated sunrise as morning came, everyone got a good rest and are actually eager to get the day started. General Anemone spoke through the intercoms, "Rise and shine warriors! I have an important message for you to listen to, but first, we need to clean up from last night's prom. We don't want the enemy to follow us after all. Meet me outside after breakfast and don't forget to wear your armor because we are going to the 7th facility today. I must remind you that we still have Inklings to rescue and reducing the power usage of Octo Valley. That's all for now!"

Coral and Kelp woke up and changed into their armors, walked through the hallway to the elevator to meet up with Clam in the lobby to get the day started. Once they got to the lobby, they found Clam sitting next to Ocean.

Coral: Good morning, Clam. You got here early.

Clam: Good morning, Coral and Kelp.

Kelp: I see that you're dating my sister, I'm happy for you.

Ocean: I'm always happy to be with Clam with any moment I get.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom