• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The great gear polishing and purification exchange!

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Sorry, but none of the gear you posted is worth anything. To purify or make a gear shiny you need the first and second slot on the gear to be what you want otherwise ordering off of Spyke won't help. The ones that do fit that criteria are all brand favored and thus more easily rerolled without going through the convoluted process of ordering from Spyke and waiting.
He has very limited rolls though. Can those pieces be ordered my anyone who has more/can savescum?

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
If you just play a bunch of rounds, you should encounter random players who have natural triples (or the first 2 slots) you're interested in. They're quite common. If you keep your Spyke queue filled up, you should be able to obtain triples just as quickly as you would by getting help from someone in here. No save scumming required.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
If you just play a bunch of rounds, you should encounter random players who have natural triples (or the first 2 slots) you're interested in. They're quite common. If you keep your Spyke queue filled up, you should be able to obtain triples just as quickly as you would by getting help from someone in here. No save scumming required.
But if it's an item that barely anyone uses, like blue casuals, it will be very difficult to find from random battles.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
He has very limited rolls though. Can those pieces be ordered my anyone who has more/can savescum?
If he can't savescum then he's going to have a bad time trying to get gear off of an order as well. Since gear does not always come with 2 subs unlocked the day after ordering if you don't back up the save file before talking to Spyke that day then the order will be gone the next and will have to order again and wait another day. On top of that if you do get the 2 subs unlocked order it costs 50,000 for a single try and again if the last slot doesn't unlock how you want then you have to order again and wait for the order to come again as two unlocked subs.
Brand favored rolls are at least likely to be obtained on that first try with two unlocked subs on an order and that's fine if that's all he wants. Though the initial intention of this thread was for pure (same subs as main ability) and shiny gear (non brand favored) which both are pretty difficult to obtain without the ability to save scum. It's not impossible but the cost and time required is quite steep.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
If he can't savescum then he's going to have a bad time trying to get gear off of an order as well. Since gear does not always come with 2 subs unlocked the day after ordering if you don't back up the save file before talking to Spyke that day then the order will be gone the next and will have to order again and wait another day. On top of that if you do get the 2 subs unlocked order it costs 50,000 for a single try and again if the last slot doesn't unlock how you want then you have to order again and wait for the order to come again as two unlocked subs.
Brand favored rolls are at least likely to be obtained on that first try with two unlocked subs on an order and that's fine if that's all he wants. Though the initial intention of this thread was for pure (same subs as main ability) and shiny gear (non brand favored) which both are pretty difficult to obtain without the ability to save scum. It's not impossible but the cost and time required is quite steep.
Hmmm okay I'll link this thread to him and see what he can do about it. I did tell him to try and see if he can savescum with his unavailable gear, so I'll see about him doing it for the rest too.

Katska

Inkling
NNID
Katska-FP
I spent close to 200 Super Sea Snails max-ing out the slots on all my gear, which I now realize was a huge waste of time since I don't necessarily have to re-roll any of if I can just use this ordering trick instead. Anyway, I figure I probably have a bunch of items that fit the criteria here so I think I'll just put down what I have and if anyone wants them I'll be happy to oblige.

Octoglasses :ability_lastditcheffort: / :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_runspeed:
:head_cap010: :ability_specialsaver: / :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_quickrespawn:
:clothes_tly000: :ability_specialsaver: / :ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_swt001: :ability_bombrange: / :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_damage:
:clothes_tes005: :ability_damage: / :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_tly007: :ability_damage: / :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_tank000: :ability_specialsaver: / :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_quicksuperjump:
:shoes_slo002: :ability_inksaversub: / :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inkrecovery:
:shoes_shi003: :ability_specialduration: / :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialsaver:
:shoes_shi004: :ability_inkrecovery: / :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_inkrecovery:
:shoes_slo000: :ability_defenseup: / :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_damage:
:shoes_slo001: :ability_bombsniffer: / :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_defenseup:
Traditional Sandals :ability_runspeed: / :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_inksaversub:
Green Rain Boots :ability_stealthjump: / :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_bombrange:

That should be it, and unless I've made some mistake none of the brands should favor their first two abilities. Interesting how many of them ended up being shoes.

@TheMH I have :head_eye005: :ability_damage:I:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inksaversub:
If you want to perfect it
Well I know I want this. Would you be willing to let me order it off of you?

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Anyone want me to help me purify this:
:shoes_sht009: :ability_quickrespawn: :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_unknown:
I have the first two slots w/ Respawn time.

You order until you get the 2 slots, and the ? slot. If you don't get respawn time for the 3rd, then re order :) I'll do the same. If one of us gets pure, we can order off each other
You still trying to make this? Because I have this shoe.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Yep, still trying.

If I may, could I order the shoes from you? I'll be on until 6:30 PM EST tomorrow if you're available.
Err tomorrow is a work day for me so I'll probably be asleep since I work nights. If you are in the discord hit me up there.

I also have the swim speed and special saver hat in your sig

Cactus

Semi-Pro Squid
Err tomorrow is a work day for me so I'll probably be asleep since I work nights. If you are in the discord hit me up there.

I also have the swim speed and special saver hat in your sig
Ok, and whenever you're free is fine. I'll only need the Respawn Time shoes, and/or the Swim speed hat. The Special Saver isn't a problem anymore (:

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Ok, and whenever you're free is fine. I'll only need the Respawn Time shoes, and/or the Swim speed hat. The Special Saver isn't a problem anymore :)
No way you could order it now? Tomorrow can work just no guarantees

Cactus

Semi-Pro Squid
No way you could order it now? Tomorrow can work just no guarantees
Can't order now, multi-tasking homework + forum.
I can pretty much do most days + times, From now (Feb 23) until next week Saturday (March 5) is okay, and after that is mostly fine. Whenever you can.

Kyreshirem

Full Squid
NNID
Drone49
Could anyone help me out with my shirt & tie? it has :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_swimspeed:. I want to at least change the swim speed. I also want help with some blue sea slugs. However, it seems like I'm going for the hard way :ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery::ability_specialcharge:. As you can see, one ink saver main is in front. I need two more, so I'm changing one slot at a time.

Gear that someone might want to polish:
Shirt & Tie = :ability_specialsaver: + :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_swimspeed:
Squid Satin Jacket = :ability_quickrespawn: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_inksavermain:
:clothes_tes016: = :ability_haunt: + :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_inksaversub:
:shoes_slp002:= :ability_defenseup: + :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_quickrespawn:

Z_Boy

Inkling
NNID
CosmicBoy
I'm trying to get a Traditional Headband with :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump: ; only got 2 perfect rolls for other abilities until now with 800+ rerolls (save scum) in total!
A true pain in the *** their RNG really...

UnChosen

Inkster Jr.
I am looking for any one star headgear or shoes with :ability_quicksuperjump:+:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_unknown: and any one star shirts with :ability_recon:+:ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_unknown:. It is nigh impossible to find any random players using such an obscure ability, let alone with recon or as pure gears.

My pure/shiny gears list:

:head_vis001:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:clothes_shirt013:|:ability_ninjasquid::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:head_eye005:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

I am usually active from 7pm to 12am PST.

Last edited:

Xeze

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XezeMaster
I have :clothes_shirt006::ability_inksavermain: | :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: if someone is interested.

Right now I'm only interested in natural rolls.

Last edited:

Lord Lago

Inkling
NNID
Najdorf
Switch Friend Code
SW-6849-6664-1969
Still looking for someone to help with my :head_eye002::ability_bombrange:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_unknown:

It's for a zink mini build. Just looking for someone to get 2 run speeds so I can order it back and try to perfect it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom