• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

Jenna Zant

Inkling
We should do squad battles man to get you up to at least B rankings :p And get experience with really good players.
I'm pretty sure it's just because i'm bad, I don't want to bother my teammates with stupidity in ranked, so I just play Turf War where it doesn't matter.

Kaze

Pro Squid
I can't be the only one that is entirely frustrated with the way the new ranking system works, right?

Not only is it totally unpredictable [i never know now if I'm going to get +8, +10, -12, -8, etc…], but it seems completely screwy. It used to be that if the other team had a stronger set of players, you get +12 for a win, and -8 for a loss. Easy.

I am consistently getting 8 points for a win, and at minimum -10 for a loss, but it's been more often than not at least -12. The last match I just played, was -15, and the enemy team had two A- players compared to my all B players.

I've been in the 90s about 15 times in the last two days [99 twice!]. It's just extremely hard that as soon as you lose, you have to win at least two to make up for that, and if you lose twice in a row, then 4-5 games. It's just…not fun anymore.
I know the pain... and there are only 3 options: 1 be that one amazing player on your team :cool:, 2 get carried by your own team o_O. 3 quit and give up :(

or blame your team for losing... which can be true or false...

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Thanks to squad battles and actually being able to talk to your teammates, I have moved up to A rank!

Slyphoria

Inkling
NNID
SquidWithGlasses
B is eternal hell. Right when I get to B+, my team luck turns and I keep getting stuck with bad teams or disconnectors. It's driving me insane.

Shig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OkidoShigeru
Just reached B+! Had a few disconnects unfortunately, even one where I was right at B 91, which was a little disheartening, but I just kept plugging away until I was able to achieve B+.

I can't emphasize enough how much letting the salt go and just taking responsibility for the outcomes, good or bad, has helped. Sure I had some allies make questionable plays now and then, but I couldn't honestly say that I had always played 100% perfect either. Blaming them and getting salty about it wasn't really helping matters.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I am stuck in B/B+ right now and feel about average within the players. Don't really mind though, all higher ranks have is more cash and I can wait till I get better before I move up.

Njok

Bouncer
No longer stuck in B, but after reaching A, i'm now down to my last few points in A-. Kinda sucks but i'm not too worried. I will just struggle on :D I have to say playing squad battles against a lot of S teams (why are they always Japanese?) did help a lot. Both for losing points and feeling more comfy in A :P

Arcadian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SpeedOfSloth
I think I'll be stuck at S+ 30 forever, seeing as I'm too scared to play ranked ever again in case I lose. I think it'd be like -6 for each loss and +2 for each win anyway, so what's the point!

Koopon

Roller/Blaster Main
Switch Friend Code
SW-6418-2499-7488
B- is the true wasteland. It's the watershed level that separates the wheat from the chaff.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Forever trapped in the abyss that is A-/B+.

Josh5890

Inkling
NNID
Josh5890
I've come to the conclusion that I have to use Turf Wars for leveling up equipment and only use my best equipment for the ranked battles. That is my only chance at leveling up better. I can win five in a row as easily as I can lose five in a row. It would probably be more fun if I had a team. Getting high in ranked mode is tough.

MacTheWriter

Full Squid
NNID
CotePowerRangers
I don't really play a whole lot on the Ranking game, but when I do, I'm always at C Rank.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I used to always have trouble in B+, but now I don't have much trouble. I can usually get to A- if I fall back into it, but now I usually have trouble in A-.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Looks like i am trapped in the net called B+ rank for now. Was about to move out to A-, untill one of my team DCs. Darn... That final stretch is really tough, especially when the games mixes in A and S players, who are crazy good.

I usually pack dual squelch + tenacity if i'm guessing i'm get a bad team (Seriously, who packs Aero RG in ranked?!). With the frequent deaths of your allies Tenacity will activate allmost all the time, and squelch can splat and ink at a safe range. Echolocator helps the entire team which makes your team way better, at least that's the strategy i've been using.

TheN64

Inkling
NNID
N64PCGamer
I'm stuck in B limbo, I do not want to be there though. Once I'm getting close to B+ (Around 80, 75, 90, something like that) I'll lose a bunch and go all the way back to under 10. Back and forth and back and forth, FOR EVER.

Kaze

Pro Squid
Finally reached S+ rank and it was such a pain, but I did it with the Luna Blaster...

I thought I would be stuck in S rank forever since I kept going up and down a lot between 39 ~ 89 rank points...

you also only win like 2 ~ 4 points at S rank and lose 5 ~ 7 points, so every loss because of disconnection or team mate disconnecting hurts...

Nerdicon

Inkling
Stuck in B purgatory until the end of time, I C rank was really easy because I could carry the team if I had to, in B though I can't carry an entire team against good players. The skill level bin the B ranks doesn't seem to change much from B- through B+. It seems like map selection and general team quality are the main factors in getting out of the B purgatory. I use Blasters by the way, any blaster that's a 1-shot on contact.

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
I'll be rank S forever because I'm too scared to play solo ranked as I'll surely lose S. :x

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I'll be rank S forever because I'm too scared to play solo ranked as I'll surely lose S. :x
Amen, my friend.

The worst part of it being when you disconnect out of nowhere and are punished by losing two points. Ugh, it's the worst.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Managed to finally break the bondage that is B+, thanks to the JP Splatfest locking out all players from japan. Hello -A!
Is it just lag, or are japanese players crazy good on average compared to other reigons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom