The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

Jinx129

Senior Squid
NNID
Jinx129
I fall out of it now and then but for the most part I'm B- always and forever. But I'm fine with being above average and being ok with all the ok people. Not on top and having to hold up to high standards. :p
Yep stuck in the Bs. I actually joined a group on here called breaking outta Bs. You should check it out!

ToonStink

Inkling
NNID
ToonStink
I keep getting to B- 80 then down to B-30 I haven't gone over or under in a while.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I have a fear one day that I will be forever at stuck at B+ because every time I crash in rank, the game starts showing me what it wants me to crash down to...

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Looks like Rank A is keeping me in it's clutches forever. I slide from literally 0 to 99 all the time now and it's driving me nuts.

When it hits the lower ranks there's less of a penalty for losing and i get paired up with B+/A- most of the time which are a lot easier to handle. When i approach the higher parts of rank A i start to see people with rank A+/S and then i usually end up in (second) last place and my team ends up carrying my useless squid along.

I know Kelp Splatterscope isn't great at close combat but there's so much of that going on now in ranked it's aggravating. People try to sneak up to me all the time and my only option is to run away or hope to counter it with an all-or-nothing shot. But of course if focus on that, there will be the squids at the other end stacking up bombs at my feet stopping me from doing proper sniping and i don't know how to deal with that.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Finally broke out of B+ thanks to my amazing squad mate and competent team matches. Now to climb the Everest that is the A ranks.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I'll be rank B 5 ever because no one on my team wants to help me deliver THE FREAKING RAINMAKER!!!!

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Stuck in A- for now. Plan to eventually get better and move up to A, but am happy with the coin rewards now.

FlyingInk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MyTurbo6
I'm a level 37 B+ player that occasionally sees B and C+. Some matches I'm a Ninja Squid Killer, other matches I'm just learning how to play. Very inconsistent.

cuberandgamer

Inkling
NNID
cuberandgamer
A+, but when I was climbing I got stuck at C+,B, B+, and A-.
Thats relieving. i've been stuck at A- for a really long time. Previously I was stuck on those ranks as well. Hopefully one day i can be an S rank.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Well, I got to A pretty well today, had no troubles getting to A. Then my buddy decided he wanted to get into ranked battles today. He's never played rainmaker and wanted to see how it was. . . HUGE mistake. Went from A 40 to A- 70, then tilted into the 40-50s range before I told him I was done playing with him for a while. I just picked it back up a few minutes ago and I'm back to A- 70, I don't do tower control so, I'm forced to wait until later. I just despise how this ranking system works sometimes. Like, if I have an incompetent team, why am I penalized? Maybe I'll try and get my A back tomorrow. Too peeved to stay up and try and get it back later.

Skyler

Inkling
NNID
JackoMelon
I've been at rank A for a couple weeks now. Granted, I don't play ranked mode as much as I do regular Turf War. Ranked mode very easily makes me mad, and aside from Rainmaker, I feel my strengths seriously lie in Turf War. Whenever I do pick it up though, I always end up getting to around A 70, then falling right back down to where I started. I swear I've never known any rank besides A 20...

KarubanBeika

Inkling
NNID
KarubanBeika
I've been A+ forever, sometimes making it up to S rank but the competition is brutal up there. Connection errors and laggy rollers are everywhere, even in S rank :(

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Well, I got to A pretty well today, had no troubles getting to A. Then my buddy decided he wanted to get into ranked battles today. He's never played rainmaker and wanted to see how it was. . . HUGE mistake. Went from A 40 to A- 70, then tilted into the 40-50s range before I told him I was done playing with him for a while. I just picked it back up a few minutes ago and I'm back to A- 70, I don't do tower control so, I'm forced to wait until later. I just despise how this ranking system works sometimes. Like, if I have an incompetent team, why am I penalized? Maybe I'll try and get my A back tomorrow. Too peeved to stay up and try and get it back later.
Rainmaker is pretty inconsistent though unless you have a full squad. It's less skill and more who can spam specials or get the first wipe out kills in solo mode. You probably would have helped him out a lot though if you told him the best paths to take with rainmaker. I find RM "noobs" so to speak don't know where to go with the RM or don't know the clutch areas of the map until they experience them. Alternatively, you can have a room full of people who have played before but just make bad decisions with RM or try to push when none of their teammates are arount. Many people are way too focused on RM to see the enemy flanking them or they SJ to an unsafe place or paint/pursue other areas/enemies and aren't focused on where the RM is this is even in S rooms.

On topic:
Currently going through a back and forth between A+/S. I'm pretty good most of the time at not DC'ing but for some reason my internet hates S rank and I've lost 12-20 pts from DCing each time I hit S for 3 times now. That isn't to say I'm a solid S player as I should be able to climb back from S 10 or 8 if I was but I feel like I haven't had a good go at it yet.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Rainmaker is pretty inconsistent though unless you have a full squad. It's less skill and more who can spam specials or get the first wipe out kills in solo mode. You probably would have helped him out a lot though if you told him the best paths to take with rainmaker. I find RM "noobs" so to speak don't know where to go with the RM or don't know the clutch areas of the map until they experience them. Alternatively, you can have a room full of people who have played before but just make bad decisions with RM or try to push when none of their teammates are arount. Many people are way too focused on RM to see the enemy flanking them or they SJ to an unsafe place or paint/pursue other areas/enemies and aren't focused on where the RM is this is even in S rooms.

On topic:
Currently going through a back and forth between A+/S. I'm pretty good most of the time at not DC'ing but for some reason my internet hates S rank and I've lost 12-20 pts from DCing each time I hit S for 3 times now. That isn't to say I'm a solid S player as I should be able to climb back from S 10 or 8 if I was but I feel like I haven't had a good go at it yet.
I taught him everything he needed to know, took him to private matches, showed him routes, showed him how it's not always best to grab the rain maker right away, etc. I just feel as though he wasn't quite used to it, and wasn't comfortable with it. He's just so used to turf wars and being able to not have to worry about keeping a main objective alive, which I feel is actually quite common in RM as a whole, far too often do I find people clear across the map just doing their own thing. It's just a mode that takes practice to get used to. Should have started him off with Splatzones, you know the two or three times a week they have them in rotation. I swear I can never get them when I'm on.

Also, DC'ing is the absolute worst. . . I hate it.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I think I'll be waving between B+ to B- because each time I'm at B+ 80 I go on a losing/disconnecting streak down to B-, and then I win some more a bunch back to B+.

Okajin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Okajin
For now, B+ between 2 and 70 points (my minimum/maximum). I'm trying to see what I'm doing wrong to work on it and improve myself so that I'll earn the access to A- rank. I'm not avoiding a particular ranked mode because I like them all and have weapons/gears for each of them but I avoid Bluefin depot map because I don't know how to play on it effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom