• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "I'll be Rank __ forever" thread

The Puffer

Inkling
I'll be C/C+ for ever due to those damn connection errors. >_<

Seriously I'm so salty right now that I would touch a snail just to see it melt quickly in front of my eyes ō_ō

Standby

Inkling
NNID
MrBlee
I'll be rank B+ for ever! I seem to get 50/50 losses and wins recently and I've been B+ for a few weeks. My KD ratio's and paint scores are usually pretty solid; not near 50/50 at all. SUCKS.

Cheezey Bites

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Koske1
Managed to finally break the bondage that is B+, thanks to the JP Splatfest locking out all players from japan. Hello -A!
Is it just lag, or are japanese players crazy good on average compared to other reigons?
Probably a bit of both. The number of times I've been shot by chargers who's aim was way away from me is probably nearing triple digits now... but I can't imagine them being purely lag.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
I usually float around B and B- due to the change in game types. I'm really good at Tower Control and Splat Zones, but I'm horrible at Rainmaker, and the random addition of non-confident team mates doesn't help. It's usually a crap shoot since I usually never have anyone to play with, hopefully I can break into the B+ to A- rank one of these days.

Xeze

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XezeMaster
Lately I've been stuck in B-. I was at like 90 points but then the mode was Tower Control with Walleye Warehouse on one of the maps. I absolutely despise this map for Tower Control and my team kept on getting killed, so I lost. Now everytime I get close to rank up, something happens (either I have a bad performance or a bad team) and I just don't manage go up. Oh well, I just keep playing. :p

Solar~Beam

Inkling
NNID
riot404
I was stuck on B+ for weeks, and when I finally broke through, the next day freaking Rainmaker comes out and I dropped back down to B-, followed by a horrible losing streak almost kicking me to B. But I practiced a lot in Turf and today fought my way back up to A- 60. Very happy.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Pre-update I was constantly switching between B to A-, the past three weeks I've not been able to play. In the space of a night and a little this morning, I've risen to S. A really amazing streak, but maybe its because most of the better players moved up to S+ with the update.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Recently some serious misfortune has befallen me. Was S 80 somethin. Lost every single ranked match since then. Some people exaggerate and say "IT'S LIKE I LOST EVERY MATCH! WAH BOOHOO!" but for real I've lost every single match for a straight week and am now in B+

There were some disconnects in there too, but not many. I'm not even mad either lol. I'm just curious how my luck could've turned this sour. Whelp, better a video game than my life right?

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
I never want to play Ranked again. After days and days of grinding, I was one winning game away from A. Right as my teammate is about to reach the pedestal to slam the Rainmaker on, the game says I don't have an Internet connection. Then I go on a losing streak.

This game does not want me to rank up.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Forever stuck on an A+ rank. :'^)
I can't get out of it.
I WAS ON A+ 70 BUT THEN, OOOOOOOH BUT THEN ALL THE NIGHTMARE ROLLERS AND BLASTER CAME BY AND RAN/BLAST ME OVER SO MUCH.
OH THE SALT IS REAL FOR ME.
THE SALT IS TOO REAL.
I keep going up and down on this A+ I swear.
Even being in squad I get my arse kicked too much. How it kills me so.
I'M SO GLAD THAT EVERY TIME WE GET CLOSE TO WINNING IN A MATCH WE SOMEHOW LOSE THE LEAD. AHAHAHA- I'll just stop my salt right here.

Jinx129

Senior Squid
NNID
Jinx129
Managed to finally break the bondage that is B+, thanks to the JP Splatfest locking out all players from japan. Hello -A!
Is it just lag, or are japanese players crazy good on average compared to other reigons?
When is the next JP Splatfest. I want to take advantage of that 24-hr period as much as possible!

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
I never want to play Ranked again. After days and days of grinding, I was one winning game away from A. Right as my teammate is about to reach the pedestal to slam the Rainmaker on, the game says I don't have an Internet connection. Then I go on a losing streak.

This game does not want me to rank up.
Okay, you know what?

I GOT TO A- 99. AND RIGHT WHEN THE NEXT GAME STARTED, I LOST CONNECTION. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
When is the next JP Splatfest. I want to take advantage of that 24-hr period as much as possible!
I don't really know for real, Grasshoppers vs Ants just passed so i'm guessing 3 weeks from now. It did pull me in A rank though!

Right now i'm stuck around A 0-50. People are seriously getting good now, as a charger i find enemies pop up at every nook and cranny trying to ambush me. People constantly chucking bombs in my face like no tommorrow. Still Dynamos who only flick spam. Can't imagine what it'd be like in S...

Jinx129

Senior Squid
NNID
Jinx129
Well I was squading last night and our ranks ranged from C+ to S. We kept getting matched with 4-S rank groups, and yes, a lot of the names were Japanese! Seriously, one team had 3 chargers and I can't remember what the other weapon was, but we got stomped! How they do that! No aiming. Just turn and one-shot ya!

Went from a low B to low B- teetering on C+. And it's so hard to rank up! Frustrating!

1o2

Inkling Cadet
S, and I plan on keeping S for as long as possible. In S+ you lose more points than when you win, so it's hard to retain. Whereas in S I pretty much gain as much as I lose, or at any rate the numbers are very close. Less effort, while still getting W's are noice.

JetSquidRadio

Inkling
I fall out of it now and then but for the most part I'm B- always and forever. But I'm fine with being above average and being ok with all the ok people. Not on top and having to hold up to high standards. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom