• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The "What do I use with this weapon?" Build Compendium

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
General builds:

Quick Respawn Builds
Quick respawn sets get you back into the action faster after a splat. There are several different strategies and ideologies for using quick respawn, ranging from capitalizing on trades, to general respawn ability, to gimicky tower control builds. Some sets run "full" quick respawn, meaning they the equivalent or near equivalent of 3 mains or more of quick respawn. Other builds run slightly less in order to fit in an ability that compliments quick respawn. Many pieces are interchangeable with lots of abilities available based on what exactly you want to do with your strategy. My recommendation is to run at least two main or 6 subs of quick respawn to get a noticeable advantage from the ability, but tailor the rest of your gear based on your playstyle. Here are some examples:
Set I - Sonic Respawn
Retro Specs or Backwards Cap :head_eye000: :ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain: or :head_cap009: :ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Squid-Stitch Tee :clothes_tes017::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
Choco Clogs or Moto Boots:shoes_sdl001: :ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: or :shoes_bot000::ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
This set is a full quick respawn set that seeks to increase mobility. If you get a shiny respawn hat with swim speed or run speed, that would be ideal. The set is very versatile and can be used on just about any shooter or blaster. The swim speed set is also good for the splat roller and carbon roller and their variants. Use the ink saver main hat if you are worried about ink consumption, otherwise the special saver fits in really well with respawn builds.

Set II - Special Saver (with or without comeback)
Squid Nordic (no picture) or Backwards Cap or Five Panel Cap :ability_comeback:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: or :head_cap009: :ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver: or :head_cap007: :ability_comeback:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Squid Satin Jacket (no picture) :ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Orange Low-Tops or Cream Basics or Choco Clogs :shoes_slo004::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver: or :shoes_shi002: :ability_specialsaver:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: or :shoes_sdl001::ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
The basics of the special saver are to run the (near) equivalent of 2 main quick respawn and 2 main special saver. 6 subs of special saver lets you keep about 70% of your special meter, which is great on hard to get specials like kraken or inkzooka, but useful on everything. Comeback (if you choose to run it) is effective on quick respawn builds because you get back into the action much faster. Combine it with swim speed and you will be travelling very fast for 20 seconds.

Set III - High Efficiency
Retro Specs :head_eye000: :ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
White Striped LS :clothes_tel000: :ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Black Trainers :shoes_sht009::ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
This set is for weapons that require a lot of ink but still want to benefit from quick respawn. This is also useful for Turf Warriors that just like to ink turf, or stand and shoot for awhile for pressure, etc. Depending on the weapon, the shirt can be switched out for swim speed, damage up, or special charge up. Good for the dynamo rollers and things like the splattershot pro or .96 gal.
Alts:
Squid-stitch Tee :clothes_tes017: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
Basic Tee :clothes_first: :ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
Tri-Color Rugby :clothes_plo002: :ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

NOTE: Add stealth jump to any set with 2 mains or 6 subs of quick respawn to get a build that is really good at jumping to the tower after a splat, or getting back into battle quickly and surprising your foes. My favorite are the cream hi-tops
:shoes_shi002::ability_stealthjump:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Because swim speed so universally helpful.

Defense Builds
Defense loadouts use at least 3 mains or 9 subs of defense up to seriously hinder the time-to-splat of popular weapons like the Tentatek Splattershot and .52 Gal. These builds tend to be pretty durable, but that are no where near invincible, so don't think you can tank everything. Sometimes you will absorb a half-charged splatterscope shot, but don't get ****y. Often builds will use one or two pure defense up items, which are hard to obtain but add another level of protection.

Set I - General
Lightweight Cap :head_cap001: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
Baby-Jelly Shirt :clothes_shirt007: :ability_defenseup:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Squid-Stitch Slip-Ons :shoes_slp002::ability_defenseup:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
This is just a basic set that allows you to be mobile with a bunch of swim speed as well as including some ink saver to help you keep firing in bad situations. If you are confident with your ink efficiency, the retro sweat is a decent inclusion.
:clothes_swt002::ability_defenseup:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Set II - Special Charger
Takaroka Mesh :head_cap008: :ability_defenseup:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
Slipstream United (no picture) :ability_defenseup:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
Blue Lo-Tops :shoes_slo000::ability_defenseup:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
This set is good for charging slow specials like inzooka or kraken while maintaining the defense gimmick. WORK IN PROGRESS

Sonic Builds
When someone says "Sonic" they might be talking about the blue hedgehog, but in this context they are probably talking about a build that attempts to max out swim speed and run speed. Many short and mid range shooters can effectively use the Sonic loadout because they have good ink efficiency and an already decent strafe speed while firing. The build is relatively easy to put together except the headgear. You can try to get a pure swim speed or run speed hat, or do the best you can with a perfect of your choice.
Set I
Golf Visor :head_vis000::ability_runspeed:|:ability_unknown::ability_unknown::ability_unknown: (this is often the hat I see with multiple run speed subs, even though it is not a natural roll)
Black Baseball LS :clothes_tel006: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
White Kicks :shoes_lts000: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

There is a lot of flexibility with this set, depending on if you run strafe or swim strafe more often. You can run a swim speed hat and try for more swim or run speed on it as well. This set is good for any of the short range shooters, as well as the L-3s, nzaps and splattershots. I'd be hesitant to run it with the .52 gals because of the almost requirement for stacking damage up at high levels.
What else do we need?
Bomb Rush Build:

Pilot Goggles :head_eye002:: :ability_bombrange:| :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
Green-Check Shirt: :ability_bombrange:| :ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver: OR Blue Sailor Suit: :ability_bombrange:| :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: OR Purple Camo LS: :clothes_tel002:: :ability_bombrange:| :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
White Arrows :shoes_sht003:: :ability_specialduration:| :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

All about the special and range of the Bombs! However, if using Seeker Rush, Bomb Range Up will have no use. Instead use:

White Arrowbands :head_eye006:: :ability_specialduration:| :ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver: OR Skull Bandana: :ability_specialsaver:| :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
Green Tee: :ability_specialsaver:| :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: OR Reel Sweat: :ability_specialduration:| :ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver: OR Zapfish Satin Jacket: :ability_specialcharge:| :ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver: OR Layered Vector LS :clothes_tly008:: :ability_specialsaver:| :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

For sub support (most useful on Seekers, but also has its uses where Splat Bombs and Suction Bombs are concerned; don't use for Burst Bombs), use these:

Fishfry Visor :head_vis001:: :ability_specialcharge:| :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: OR Jet Cap :head_cap011:: :ability_specialduration:| :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: OR Designer Headphones :head_hdp001:: :ability_inksaversub:| :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: OR Jogging Headband :head_hbd004:: :ability_inksaversub:| :ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Baseball Jersey :clothes_shirt008:: :ability_specialcharge:| :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: OR Firefin Navy Sweat :clothes_swt003:: :ability_bombrange:| :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:* OR Green Zip Hoodie :clothes_prk001:: :ability_specialduration:| :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: OR Choco Layered LS :clothes_tly006:: :ability_inksaversub:| :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

*Pure sub support designated for Splat Bombs and Suction Bombs; no effect on the Special itself

Last edited:

PowrToPlay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jdb1984
I think I know what I want to do with my .52 Gal Deco

Weapon::wst_shot_gravity01::seeker::inkstrike:
---
Hat:Cycle King Cap
Main::ability_defenseup:
Sub::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
---
Clothing:Retro Sweat
Sub::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
---
Shoes:Red Hi-Tops
Main::ability_inkresistance:
Sub::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
---
Ink Recovery up to keep me from running out (especially with a Seeker Sub), damage up to negate an opponents Defense up, a couple for me to give me an extra hit against most popular weapons, and my usual Ink Resistance and Swim Speed up.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I think I know what I want to do with my .52 Gal Deco

Weapon::wst_shot_gravity01::seeker::inkstrike:
---
Hat:Cycle King Cap
Sub::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
---
Clothing:Retro Sweat
Sub::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
---
Shoes:Red Hi-Tops
Main::ability_inkresistance:
Sub::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
---
Ink Recovery up to keep me from running out (especially with a Seeker Sub), damage up to negate an opponents Defense up, a couple for me to give me an extra hit against most popular weapons, and my usual Ink Resistance and Swim Speed up.
It's not a bad mix. The problem is that three subs only saves your 2HKO from anything less than 2 defense up mains. You need at least 1 main and 1 sub (maybe 4 subs would work too, will test tonight) to counter 2 defense up. And you need 1 main and 3 subs to counter 3 defense up.

Two defense up will give you an extra hit from a tentatek and .52, which might help. Ink recovery is definitely helpful on the deco because the seekers use up SO MUCH ink. Let me know how successful you are!

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
Thsi is a build I'm thinking of making for the custom blaster, It focuses mainly on keeping tabs on enemy's and essentially being a living echolocator, this works well as a support role, the idea with this build is that you want to be throwing point sensors left and right to make sure everyone's alway located
:head_cap000::ability_bombrange:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: or:head_eye002::ability_bombrange:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_vest003::ability_haunt:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: or :clothes_tel010::ability_haunt:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_slp000::ability_bombrange:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:or:shoes_cfs000::ability_inksaversub:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Thsi is a build I'm thinking of making for the custom blaster, It focuses mainly on keeping tabs on enemy's and essentially being a living echolocator, this works well as a support role, the idea with this build is that you want to be throwing point sensors left and right to make sure everyone's alway located
:head_cap000::ability_bombrange:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn: or:head_eye002::ability_bombrange:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_vest003::ability_haunt:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub: or :clothes_tel010::ability_haunt:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_slp000::ability_bombrange:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:or:shoes_cfs000::ability_inksaversub:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Would ink recovery be more efficient than ink saver sub? Either on hat or the shoes?

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
Luna Blaster Neo:

:head_eye000:: :ability_quickrespawn: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:clothes_tel006:: :ability_damage: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
shoes_first: :ability_stealthjump: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_quickrespawn:

A slightly less cliche Luna Blaster build, but nevertheless effective. Quick Respawns are there for obvious reasons while Damage Ups are used primarily to amplify the Splat Bomb combo (and to a lesser extent, counter Defense Up). You can use more Damage Ups to make the combo a bit more lethal but with 1 main, 5 subs, and a sense of aiming, it should be more than enough for a fatal splat.

Stealth Jump is to get you back into the battle and gives you an effective ambushing position, provided the jump isn't throwing you into a Killer Wail, Bomb Rush, etc. The slower jump is also there to help you make quick adjustments in air on where to fire at your opponents when you land.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Luna Blaster Neo:

:head_eye000:: :ability_quickrespawn: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:clothes_tel006:: :ability_damage: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
shoes_first: :ability_stealthjump: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_quickrespawn:

A slightly less cliche Luna Blaster build, but nevertheless effective. Quick Respawns are there for obvious reasons while Damage Ups are used primarily to amplify the Splat Bomb combo (and to a lesser extent, counter Defense Up). You can use more Damage Ups to make the combo a bit more lethal but with 1 main, 5 subs, and a sense of aiming, it should be more than enough for a fatal splat.

Stealth Jump is to get you back into the battle and gives you an effective ambushing position, provided the jump isn't throwing you into a Killer Wail, Bomb Rush, etc. The slower jump is also there to help you make quick adjustments in air on where to fire at your opponents when you land.
It seems like an effective build, but it relies on two pures and a shiny. I don't think it is possible to get this build with natural rolls...

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
It seems like an effective build, but it relies on two pures and a shiny. I don't think it is possible to get this build with natural rolls...
Mix and matching is fine nevertheless. An alternative:
:head_eye005: : :ability_damage: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_damage: X
:clothes_first: : :ability_quickrespawn:| :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
shoes_first : :ability_stealthjump: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_damage: X

It only loses two Quick Respawns from the other set but it's neglible if it needs more practicality.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Mix and matching is fine nevertheless. An alternative:
:head_eye005: : :ability_damage: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_damage: X
:clothes_first: : :ability_quickrespawn:| :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
shoes_first : :ability_stealthjump: | :ability_quickrespawn::ability_damage: X

It only loses two Quick Respawns from the other set but it's neglible if it needs more practicality.
The natural rolls on that Snorkel Mask and those Cream Hi-Tops could actually work quite well on the Luna Blaster Neo. ( :head_eye005:: :ability_damage:| :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: and :shoes_shi002:: :ability_stealthjump:| :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:).

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
The natural rolls on that Snorkel Mask and those Cream Hi-Tops could actually work quite well on the Luna Blaster Neo. ( :head_eye005:: :ability_damage:| :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: and :shoes_shi002:: :ability_stealthjump:| :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:).
I'd have to disagree. Special Duration Up might get you an extra bomb or two but this weapon does not reach its special very well unless you're running Special Savers with it.

I agree that Swim Speed is universally helpful as well but its effect to help dodge is less helpful on a Blaster weapon since the shot delays are abysmally long. This contrasts with most standard shooters, who can fire and swim immediately after.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I'd have to disagree. Special Duration Up might get you an extra bomb or two but this weapon does not reach its special very well unless you're running Special Savers with it.

I agree that Swim Speed is universally helpful as well but its effect to help dodge is less helpful on a Blaster weapon since the shot delays are abysmally long. This contrasts with most standard shooters, who can fire and swim immediately after.
Yeah I suppose if Special Duration Up would need to be more effective on Splat Bomb Rush it would need 2 mains/6 subs/1 main and 3 subs. Just 3 probably won't cut it.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
So, after a good month or so after switching from the Normal ELiter to the Custom, I have some loadouts I'd like to share.

The Custom ELiter 3K Scope is not the most commonly seen weapon, and for the most part, people will opt for the Vanilla ELiter 3K Scope instead.
Don't want to get too lengthy so, I'll get on to the build.

:head_hbd002: :ability_damage: + :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:clothes_tly007: :ability_damage: + :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: or :clothes_swt006: :ability_coldblooded: + :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage: or :clothes_tes023: :ability_recon: + :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_slo003: :ability_inkrecovery: + :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:

Damage up I'm sure goes without saying, it allows for a quick charge kill, which although often stated as "cheap" gets the job done. After 1 Main + 3 Subs, you can typically snag a splat from a 5/8 charge on characters that opt out of defense ups. Quick Super Jump is for when you're on the last second or so of your panic button, being your Kraken. Stacking Quick Super jumps allows you to jump to your Beakon whenever you've either pushed the enemy further back, gotten your splat, or are simply about to run out. Aside from Kraken, the Custom ELiter 3K Scope doesn't have anything for close combat, so the quicker you get out of a dicey situation, the better. For clothes, I've used the classic Part Time Pirate shirt, so that I can have an all around balance of Damage Up, Quick Super jump and Ink Recovery Up. Cold Blooded is easily one of the best abilities in the game right now, and allows all chargers to stay off the grid more often than not, allowing you, as a charger to catch sneaky kills from clear across the stage. Recon, works quite well with quick super jump, since the placement of the spawn button is so close to the players thumbs, you can jump to your spawn, see which Beakons are safe from the enemy, jump and continue your stupidly long ranged onslaught. Ink Recovery Up allows for the player to stay active taking down opponents by being able to fill the Ink tank faster than usual. Ink Recovery Up and Damage Up are commonly ran on Charger builds for a reason, this is no different.

Hopefully I'll start seeing more Custom's around, it's just a more team dependent weapon than that of the Vanilla version. Regardless, this set has worked marvelously for myself, hope it carries on to all my fellow Custom ELiter 3K's out there.

Last edited:

tazz

Inkster Jr.
For 96 gal deco

Black arrowbands
:ability_tenacity:+:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Squidstar waistcoat
:ability_coldblooded:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Cream basics
:ability_specialsaver:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

A good team supporting set, great at getting kraken and pressuring the opposing team. If the opposing team isn't using echolocator, you can switch to rainy day tee:ability_inksavermain: +:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

@SupaTim on your carbon roller set cold blooded should be the default as opposed to ninja squid, cold blooded is generally better

(On all sets with ninja squid that should be the case, to be honest)

Last edited:

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
For 96 gal deco

Black arrowbands
:ability_tenacity:+:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Squidstar waistcoat
:ability_coldblooded:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Cream basics
:ability_specialsaver:+:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

A good team supporting set, great at getting kraken and pressuring the opposing team. If the opposing team isn't using echolocator, you can switch to rainy day tee:ability_inksavermain: +:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

@SupaTim on your carbon roller set cold blooded should be the default as opposed to ninja squid, cold blooded is generally better

(On all sets with ninja squid that should be the case, to be honest)
Ninja Squid is used for the more aggressive assassin weapons (example: Carbon Roller, Aerospray RG), while Cold-Blooded is for the more hard flankers (example: H-3 Nozzlenose, Inkbrush Nouveau). Ninja Squid is for being sneaky IN the fray, while Cold-Blooded is for being sneaky OUT of the fray.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Ninja Squid is used for the more aggressive assassin weapons (example: Carbon Roller, Aerospray RG), while Cold-Blooded is for the more hard flankers (example: H-3 Nozzlenose, Inkbrush Nouveau). Ninja Squid is for being sneaky IN the fray, while Cold-Blooded is for being sneaky OUT of the fray.
Im ****ing dead

tazz

Inkster Jr.
I'm not entirely sure how to respond seriously to this post, but I'll try.

The h-3 and the aerospray are not flankers, lets get that out of the way (the aerospray is a bad turf coverer, and the h-3 is just bad). Ninja squid on the carbon roller prevents it from using cold blooded, and slows it down. If anything, cold blooded is for "hard" flankers (whatever that means, many weapons can flank) because when echolocator is activated it becomes near impossible to flank.

Those examples though..... lol

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I'm not entirely sure how to respond seriously to this post, but I'll try.

The h-3 and the aerospray are not flankers, lets get that out of the way (the aerospray is a bad turf coverer, and the h-3 is just bad). Ninja squid on the carbon roller prevents it from using cold blooded, and slows it down. If anything, cold blooded is for "hard" flankers (whatever that means, many weapons can flank) because when echolocator is activated it becomes near impossible to flank.

Those examples though..... lol
I base stuff off something that a friend and I work on here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18RTyTPM6GbE3yRDkYNCttkUy320AMyjzZEnqe7IGo5U/mobilebasic
Don't know if too many new users know about this though, since it hasn't been bumped up in a while. I should get in contact with the guy and try to bump this again.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Hrm. Where to begin. There are obviously differing opinions when it comes to ninja squid. I've had success with it in TW, and as I previously mentioned that is where I'm coming from and what my builds are typically used for. I absolutely want to include "ranked" and "competitive" builds, but not necessarily at the expense of more casual TW builds (I hope I've demonstrated this, especially with my inclusion of damage up notes for the .52 gal). In my experience ninja squid is effective in TW because there is usually more turf to swim in, fewer echolocators, and it allows you to swim strafe with better results. It only works on niche builds that can dedicate lots of slots to swim speed to counter the speed nerf. Because this seems to be a contentious issue, I will include some explanations about ninja squid in the less-than-a-handful of builds that are in the guide.

The aerosprays ARE considered weak weapons because of the poor range combined with the slow TTK. However, the are one of the best weapons for TW if used properly and can take advantage of ninja squid in that mode.

The H-3 is not a great weapon by any stretch, but I'm not sure people use it correctly. It isnt an intuitive weapon, and therefore has been labeled as "bad." I don't know enough about proper strategies, not am I proficient enough to demonstrate them. Nevertheless, I do feel it is a short-ranged, flanking weapon trapped in a long range frontline's body.

tazz

Inkster Jr.
Hrm. Where to begin. There are obviously differing opinions when it comes to ninja squid. I've had success with it in TW, and as I previously mentioned that is where I'm coming from and what my builds are typically used for. I absolutely want to include "ranked" and "competitive" builds, but not necessarily at the expense of more casual TW builds (I hope I've demonstrated this, especially with my inclusion of damage up notes for the .52 gal). In my experience ninja squid is effective in TW because there is usually more turf to swim in, fewer echolocators, and it allows you to swim strafe with better results. It only works on niche builds that can dedicate lots of slots to swim speed to counter the speed nerf. Because this seems to be a contentious issue, I will include some explanations about ninja squid in the less-than-a-handful of builds that are in the guide.

The aerosprays ARE considered weak weapons because of the poor range combined with the slow TTK. However, the are one of the best weapons for TW if used properly and can take advantage of ninja squid in that mode.

The H-3 is not a great weapon by any stretch, but I'm not sure people use it correctly. It isnt an intuitive weapon, and therefore has been labeled as "bad." I don't know enough about proper strategies, not am I proficient enough to demonstrate them. Nevertheless, I do feel it is a short-ranged, flanking weapon trapped in a long range frontline's body.
How well you do in turf war isn't really representative of how good something is, as in online turf war anything can succeed because it's not really taken seriously. If you want I could just make another thread for ranked builds (though ranked builds will usually outshine "casual" builds in turf war, casual builds shouldn't really be included here either because you should always be seeking the most optimal builds).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom