• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thoughts on Squidbagging?

Jason Avis

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1753-5585-2992
I personally really don't like squidbagging. I feel it is unsportsmanlike and just rude to do it. Most of the time the people I see doing it are the ones who are constantly splatting people and at that point they are just gloating. IMO, if you want to be excited about a splat you just press the Booya button.

Last edited:

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Heyo squiddies! InkWoomy here. Today I want your thoughts on the worst sportsmanship taunt; SQUIDBAGGING.

Squidbagging ~ Verb

Turning into squid and kid repeatedly. Used to taunt your opponents.

So, tell me. What are your thoughts? But first, wanna know about MY thoughts?

In my opinion, squidbaggers are filthy scrubs and losers that taunt other people and think they are better than you. But that's just pure rubbish. Lemme tell you a story.

Long ago, when I was a little noob, a Japanese Carbon Deco user squidbagged me everytime he killed me. He ALWAYS DID. I even made a Miiverse post about that filthy squid. I called him the 'Squidbag King' and I hated him. Asians these days...!

But now, I'm a splatting pro, and one day if that sore loser will join a lobby I'm in, I'm gonna hunt him down and shove my brush down his throat.

S t a y F r e s h .
I have not been "Squidbagged/squidflopped" yet in Splatoon 2 and all I've been playing is turf war so far, so maybe I've been lucky, or just playing with a lot of other N00bs who also do not know what that is.

archie

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7575-5779-9669
I don't really care if someone squidbags me. Just last night someone did it after they managed to splat me at the end of a pretty intense chase (the guy's name was splatoon64, in case he's around here), and I was like "Haha yeah, you kinda earned that." And then we were put on the same side in the next match and we made a pretty good team, so it was all good.

It actually bothers me more when my teammates do it in a turf war, because it's a waste of precious seconds. I will gladly join and even start squidbag parties at the end of a particularly stressful salmon run though.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I don't like people who squidbag and I have zero tolerance for it. As a matter of fact I block everyone who squidbags me in a turf war in Splatoon 2 since on the Switch you can actually keep them from ending up in the same lobby as you again, unlike the first Splatoon. Blocking on the Wii U only blocked them on Miiverse.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I don't like people who squidbag and I have zero tolerance for it. As a matter of fact I block everyone who squidbags me in a turf war in Splatoon 2 since on the Switch you can actually keep them from ending up in the same lobby as you again, unlike the first Splatoon. Blocking on the Wii U only blocked them on Miiverse.
Hate to burst your bubble, but blocking does nothing to stop people from showing up in your lobbies, as I've had match-throwing dinguses I blocked months ago rear their ugly heads at least a dozen times in total since. I definitely share your zero tolerance policy though.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
Squidbaggers are a joke, i don't see any harms in their taunt. Mostly because in splatoon, i got squidbagged so many time out of taunts and also out of spite that at this point i genuinely laugh at the sight.

I turned a match in the 1 min left to my advantage because some squidbaggers decided to act like smartasses, it resulted in them getting destroyed and afterward the other players completly destroyed them if they dared get close to me.(Honestly, i was shocked when my team would drop everything just to avenge me if i died.) and when being taunted out of spite, it's more hilarious because you KNOW they are salty over you just.. Being more experienced? So really. Sure, it's kinda cringy but i see no harm in it, just another reason to laugh at my faillure, lmao.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
The one time it's happened to me so far in Splat2 it was permissible. I mentioned the incident in the Deader Sea thread, and yeah, it did get me kneejerk riled up for a little bit, but the player who did it to me I'm pretty sure wasn't trying to be a PITA. It was more of a "I saw what you did there, nice try" thing. We ended up on the same team later anyway.

That being said, it is kind of annoying when people do it. I ran into that a lot more in Splat1. It's always fun to watch them squidbagging themselves off a ledge or into your teammates' line of fire though.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin

Childish, unnecessary, pointless, waste of time. I get more annoyed at teammates wasting time by taunting others than silly opponents taunting me.

Eh. It can be a double edged sword. I see as annoying either way. Though the ones that get spawn kill happy and squidbag after every kill they make is rather annoying more than anything.

Rockenberg did an interesting video on squidbagging, but it's taken from the point of an actual squidbagger. So beware.

I feel a little silly making a addendum to this post after seeing the video here. But looking at this from the point of view of career squidbagger that made the aforementioned video, I thinking I see what the real intentions are in it's use. Well in terms of competitive play to play mind games and not to just rub it in the faces of noobs.

I'll still admit it's annoying. Any taunt can be if subjected to it enough.

Last edited:

InkWoomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rosalina_Luma12
I never squidbag because you know, fellow human being...Why would you hate on a player who is playing Splatoon because they enjoy it just like you do, never made any sense.
Basically the player is just plain rude and taunts you. It's basically like saying "Lol you got rekt I'm better than you". It's considered bad sportsmanship.

wink

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1676-1715-3794
i can see it being used as an actual tactic to make your enemies angry and play worse but it doesn't make me play worse at all it just makes me sad : ( also like others have said i don't think it's good sportsmanship! though ... i wouldn't think this with games that actually allow you to taunt (smash bros for example)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Wow. That’s just misreporting, dude 😒 I squidbag all the time. Also that’s just extreme
You're replying to a post I made seven years ago. Seven. Years. Ago. I see you're new to the forums, so here's a tip: "necroposting", or the act of posting in threads that are several years old, only makes you look foolish.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom