• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Update news coming tomorrow, November 21!!!!

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I come home from work and the fist thing I see is this.... wow... this is a lot to take in.... I'm pretty hyped on the new updates and all of this fancy new stuff. :D

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Hey, that's purely subjective. If you like them, good on ya. I'm pretty I must be in the minority since they did in fact release this in favor of what I would've preferred. ;)
I've wanted a squid Mohawk for guys since the announcement of new hairstyles and the other one looks really similar to my hairstyle in real life, that's why I like em.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
I wants my Hydra back sooo bad❗.....Gonna be a long couple days...

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
At this point I'd rather play Splatoon 1 with updated visuals and damage up and defense up removed.
I'd keep damage up, but just make it applicable to chargers only. :p Yeah though, I don't think there's any amount of extra content that will truly revive my interest in this game. Splatoon 1 is just a much better game in my opinion.

Other things I'm particularly psyched about: New music.
I'd be a lot more excited if the old music were returning as well...

I hate hate hate the new hairstyles they gave the bois. The Mohawk makes no sense in how it's supposed to work with everything we know about inkling hairstyle physiology (lol),
Inkling hair physiology hasn't been a thing since the second game, where in the first, the boy's just being the girl's except shorter and tied back. However, at least up until this point, the hairstyles have at least all had six tentacles (actually, the buzz cut doesn't, but whatever). Inkling are just colorful T-1000s at this point.

Also, pants are still gender-exclusive. Am I the only one who is bothered by this?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am also slightly bothered by the hairstyles. The only conclusion is the tentacles grow up again after being cut. They also somehow reappear when the kid is in squid form? Meh. Nintendo giving no ****s about lore of their games, as usual.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
I think the update is dropping on Friday? I have that day off...but that's the day I'm cooking all the food for Thanksgiving! oh well, I can wait. lol

Also, is that map a mall or a grocery store? Ether way it lets me live out my greatest dream of destroying people in a retail setting... hahahaha! >: )

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
I think the update is dropping on Friday? I have that day off...but that's the day I'm cooking all the food for Thanksgiving! oh well, I can wait. lol

Also, is that map a mall or a grocery store? Ether way it lets me live out my greatest dream of destroying people in a retail setting... hahahaha! >: )
I'm pretty sure it's a grocery store (might I add the most boring looking grocery store I've ever seen. I mean c'mon, it's Splatoon! The most colorful game in existence!)

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I'm pretty sure it's a grocery store (might I add the most boring looking grocery store I've ever seen. I mean c'mon, it's Splatoon! The most colorful game in existence!)
Boring grocery store? The hell grocery store do you go to?

I am also slightly bothered by the hairstyles. The only conclusion is the tentacles grow up again after being cut. They also somehow reappear when the kid is in squid form? Meh. Nintendo giving no ****s about lore of their games, as usual.
Could you even tell that Inklings are supposed to be squid people at this point, had you not seen them transform? It's gotten that bad, imo.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Could you even tell that Inklings are supposed to be squid people at this point, had you not seen them transform? It's gotten that bad, imo.
Yeah. They are pretty much little LGBT humans now. Because you know, colorful... I will excuse myself.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Speaking of hair styles, are any of these not already shown in the trailer included or are the just concept artwork?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I am happy the new mode is something I vaguely thought of a while back. I thought of a mode where you have to go collect things on the battlefield, and bring them back to your base. Once you collected enough then you could do something that would win the game or add points. What we have now is similar, but you have to take the clams to the enemy base, making it more of an offensive type mode. My idea was more about completing the goal quicker to the point where getting too many kills would be counterproductive, but I think this will still be a blast to play.

And of course everything else is super exciting from this trailer. Happy to see Walleye coming back, an ACTUAL fan favorite, and the ability to swap weapons and gear in the lobby is much appreciated. Funny how some of Splatoon's biggest criticisms become invalid with this one addition.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
HYDRAAAAAAAAA!!!! GIMMEGIMMEGIMEEGIMEEEEEEEEeeeeee...

*ahem*

Does anyone think this the same way as I do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom