• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Weapons do you feel need Buffs or Nerfs and how would they change them?

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
The Jr. can keep up, like any weapon can really, so I see no reason why the Cherry H-3 can't, I mean I've already been able to do so with the exsting H-3 sets. I mean it's lagging behind of course, but it doesn't just auto-lose to other weapons. It's fire rate isn't Blaster slow, and despite the range a single burst fully covers a line with ink as if it was a charger. Most guns require multiple shots to do this.

Nah, before this update the H-3 was nothing, but now it will actually have a niche! Totally fine if you don't like the weapon because of that, though it's a bit hypocritical for you to say since you say you use the Jr. :L

Yep the N'Zap also has better mobility, and still the Jr. remains more popular despite it's only reason to be used over it being the Bubbler.
LOL, true enough about it having a niche now beyond as a training tool. Still, it's a very, very disappointing "end" for the H3. It had so much potential and I really thought with the 2.7 patch that H3 was going to have its day in 2.8.

Haha, as for the broken GenieShot Jr. I will never, ever relent in my taunting of @birdiebee for maining that weapon. I don't use it, generally speaking, and used to absolutely hate it. I picked it up around last splatfest because I got so sick of sploosh lag around mid-day and then messed around with it in squads and found I can do ok with it for once. So I pick it up now and again. Though apparently I use it wrong - I don't pay much attention to the bubbler at all (and don't really intend to.)

If you say NZap has better mobility AND is just as deadly at close range (and as lag resistant?) then I should be using that instead when sploosh lets me down. Usually the way sploosh lets me down is shots going through people because they're really not as close as they appear to be. Thus the range on Jr (and the spread) mitigates it a little. It might be a moot point now though. The Aerospray PG might replace the Jr as a surrogate for the Sploosh 7 - both of which look stellar and will probably become my "main secondary mains"

TECHNICALLY I'm a charger main :rolleyes: Bento is intriguing to say the least, but I suspect I'll still favor vanilla.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
LOL, true enough about it having a niche now beyond as a training tool. Still, it's a very, very disappointing "end" for the H3. It had so much potential and I really thought with the 2.7 patch that H3 was going to have its day in 2.8.

Haha, as for the broken GenieShot Jr. I will never, ever relent in my taunting of @birdiebee for maining that weapon. I don't use it, generally speaking, and used to absolutely hate it. I picked it up around last splatfest because I got so sick of sploosh lag around mid-day and then messed around with it in squads and found I can do ok with it for once. So I pick it up now and again. Though apparently I use it wrong - I don't pay much attention to the bubbler at all (and don't really intend to.)

If you say NZap has better mobility AND is just as deadly at close range (and as lag resistant?) then I should be using that instead when sploosh lets me down. Usually the way sploosh lets me down is shots going through people because they're really not as close as they appear to be. Thus the range on Jr (and the spread) mitigates it a little. It might be a moot point now though. The Aerospray PG might replace the Jr as a surrogate for the Sploosh 7 - both of which look stellar and will probably become my "main secondary mains"

TECHNICALLY I'm a charger main :rolleyes: Bento is intriguing to say the least, but I suspect I'll still favor vanilla.
Honestly I don't see much potential with H-3, it's concept is just inherently flawed, an otherwise normal shooter except with pauses inbetween shots. Burst Fire is pretty much always gonna be inferior to rapid fire, that's just the nature of the mechanics. The L-3 still manages to be good, but mainly because of it kits which are not only great but also unique to it's weapon class. I say there's no shame in being carried by your kit, as really there are very few weapons that are still highly viable and popular without great kits, and by very few weapons I mean just Dynamos. :p

I'm not saying the Jr. is good for Bubbler and nothing else, it of course can still be used the same way as other run n gun shooters, it's just that Bubbler is the reason to use it instead of the others. Although you really should be paying attention to your special no matter the weapon you use, they're too impactful to be ignored!

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
sounds like you're, understandably, viewing this from the perspective of organized teams again, but that's really far, far, FAR outside the scope of nerf/buff from the development perspective. That kind of use is not what they would be looking at as it exists outside the majority of user's gameplay. And lets face it, it won't harm play at that level no matter WHAT they do to balance, those are players skilled enough to adapt to the changes fast.
Good game design has always shown that casual and competitive game design are NOT mutually exclusive, and if your solution is destructive towards one of the two, you need to do a better job coming up with a solution. Just because you don't understand something or see it commonly doesn't mean it's not important or you won't see it commonly in the future. Games should be balanced with all levels of play in mind, and solutions to problems in your games should be inclusive to players of ALL skill levels instead of being destructive towards minorities.

Sorry if this comes off as rude, but the "that's too advanced so it doesn't count" blanket statement doesn't fly with me, and judging by the way Splatoon is designed, it doesn't fly with Splatoon's designers either.

Award

Honestly I don't see much potential with H-3, it's concept is just inherently flawed, an otherwise normal shooter except with pauses inbetween shots. Burst Fire is pretty much always gonna be inferior to rapid fire, that's just the nature of the mechanics. The L-3 still manages to be good, but mainly because of it kits which are not only great but also unique to it's weapon class. I say there's no shame in being carried by your kit, as really there are very few weapons that are still highly viable and popular without great kits, and by very few weapons I mean just Dynamos. :p

I'm not saying the Jr. is good for Bubbler and nothing else, it of course can still be used the same way as other run n gun shooters, it's just that Bubbler is the reason to use it instead of the others. Although you really should be paying attention to your special no matter the weapon you use, they're too impactful to be ignored!
I think the problem with H3 isn't the concept but the implementation which is what I was hoping they'd fix. Comparing it to real world weapons (and the video games that emulate them...which is pretty much all Western shooters) and the roles they intend to serve: Fully automatic fire weapons are not intended to actually kill anything. It's not the role they're used for. They're meant for suppressive fire. Why? Because it's a lot of ammo to waste and hard to control as it recoils away - it's good at making "everywhere" dangerous, but not good at making a specific pinpoint spot dangerous. Thus why semi-auto burst-shot rifles are used by Special Forces and such (and is used that way appropriately in Rainbow Six, SWAT (anyone remember that series?), and more loosely in Battlefield and MOH.) The problem with H3 is they didn't implement it to act like an actual burst-shot semi-auto rifle when it clearly seems like that was how they intended its use. Like you say it fires like a regular shooter except with pauses. Instead the burst shots should be RAPID - the 3 projectiles should be clustered together blindingly close so that the weapon is SIMILAR to usign a squiffer or splatterscope, but without the INSTANT hit of those weapons. I.E. maintain travel time on the rounds but have the shot grouped in a tight cluster. That's the real world equivalent it's emulating, AND would have made it a more interesting weapon in the game. I imagine they felt it would step on the charger's toes and weakened it, but with the travel time and slight arc, it would have still played different (and still has to hit all three rounds. It would have played more tactical like a bambi, plan the shot, take position, aim, pack up and move on whether the shot hit or not. An aggressive, mobile, fast hitting but necessarily evasive player would play it. That's the potential it had, but it seems it will remain unrealized.

I didn't mean I IGNORE the bubbler, so much as I pay not special attention to charging it. If I DO have it charged, I of course try to use it well, but I don't try to prioritize the bubbler in any way, I just plain the main & secondary and if I happen to live long enough and have inked enough to have a bubbler, yay. Granted, I play MOST weapons that way (krakon/chydra the exceptions, and formerly CEliter in TC where I'd try to charge the kraken for a tower push.)

Good game design has always shown that casual and competitive game design are NOT mutually exclusive, and if your solution is destructive towards one of the two, you need to do a better job coming up with a solution. Just because you don't understand something or see it commonly doesn't mean it's not important or you won't see it commonly in the future. Games should be balanced with all levels of play in mind, and solutions to problems in your games should be inclusive to players of ALL skill levels instead of being destructive towards minorities.

Sorry if this comes off as rude, but the "that's too advanced so it doesn't count" blanket statement doesn't fly with me, and judging by the way Splatoon is designed, it doesn't fly with Splatoon's designers either.
The trouble is, balancing around what you describe not only implies balancing around high level play, but balancing around a style of play that involves voice communication which was not only not included in the game but was specifically and intentionally not included in the game. That's not to say it's frowned upon, they don't really care WHAT happens in private battles or 4p squads, but the point is you're suggesting to limit the balancing of a weapon based on its own merits in the way the majority of the game is played based on a play style that involves external functionality that was intentionally not included in the game. It's fine if you can get certain tactics to work and take advantage of them, but the "coordinated attacks with certain weapons against a single enemy" isn't actually possible with the game's actual tools, it's an "abuse" (I don't mean that negatively) of the mechanics that were discovered and used by players, the same way the damage up on eliters to make charge time shorter was an "abuse" discovered and used by players. There's nothing wrong with doing it, where it's possible, but the game shouldn't necessarily be balanced around that ability, players should adapt their abilities based on the balance instead.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The trouble is, balancing around what you describe not only implies balancing around high level play, but balancing around a style of play that involves voice communication which was not only not included in the game but was specifically and intentionally not included in the game. That's not to say it's frowned upon, they don't really care WHAT happens in private battles or 4p squads, but the point is you're suggesting to limit the balancing of a weapon based on its own merits in the way the majority of the game is played based on a play style that involves external functionality that was intentionally not included in the game. It's fine if you can get certain tactics to work and take advantage of them, but the "coordinated attacks with certain weapons against a single enemy" isn't actually possible with the game's actual tools, it's an "abuse" (I don't mean that negatively) of the mechanics that were discovered and used by players, the same way the damage up on eliters to make charge time shorter was an "abuse" discovered and used by players. There's nothing wrong with doing it, where it's possible, but the game shouldn't necessarily be balanced around that ability, players should adapt their abilities based on the balance instead.
That there isn't voice chat(or any other form of communication aside from 2 commands) in solo queue is understandable from a design standpoint(different languages, people getting salty) but i don't think it was cut because the designers didn't want players to communicate with one and another. I know Nintendo has a history of encouraging randomness/luck in their games, but i don't think deliberately cutting off communication with your team was a smart move to get a luck factor out of the game. I think the reason communication was cut short was because of the risk of people misusing it to hurl insults and virtol towards one and another, and yet we have squidbagging.

Voice chat, or at the very least a handful of commands are very useful for team-related games and that's probably why solo queue is so different than squads/private battles. Because of this your teams in solo queue are unreliable and chaotic, and pubstomping weapons dominate because teams cannot warn of incoming threats or things happening during the match that might be of use. I don't think balancing a team-based game about having no form of communication is a good idea.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Dynamos, Swim speed reduce to 25% and Run Speed reduce to 10%. Make them focus more on positioning.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Dynamos, Swim speed reduce to 25% and Run Speed reduce to 10%. Make them focus more on positioning.
Okay, but you mean reduce by 25%/10%. Even the most anti-Dynamo among us would feel bad for a poor soul who swims at half of regular run speed and runs as if constantly in enemy ink...

Award

That there isn't voice chat(or any other form of communication aside from 2 commands) in solo queue is understandable from a design standpoint(different languages, people getting salty) but i don't think it was cut because the designers didn't want players to communicate with one and another. I know Nintendo has a history of encouraging randomness/luck in their games, but i don't think deliberately cutting off communication with your team was a smart move to get a luck factor out of the game. I think the reason communication was cut short was because of the risk of people misusing it to hurl insults and virtol towards one and another, and yet we have squidbagging.

Voice chat, or at the very least a handful of commands are very useful for team-related games and that's probably why solo queue is so different than squads/private battles. Because of this your teams in solo queue are unreliable and chaotic, and pubstomping weapons dominate because teams cannot warn of incoming threats or things happening during the match that might be of use. I don't think balancing a team-based game about having no form of communication is a good idea.
Perhaps, but balancing around the ability to communicate that doesn't actually exist in the game isn't really a wise idea either. The idea that "hey, you can't nerf that feature because 170 whole people coordinate over the phone to attack the same person at the same time using that!" doubtfully factors in (nor should factor in) to the studio's balancing decisions. Each weapon NEEDS to work properly stand alone in solo queue, period. All other needs are fine and good, but they must not ever undermine the weapon's ability to work properly stand alone in solo queue. The 170 people coordinating over the phone are clearly skilled enough to find other powerful strategies to deal with whatever new metas emerge. The B+ players, not so much.

I'm not sure it was about adding randomness, they have plenty of other "blue shells" in this game to cause randomness by way of specials and gear (that everyone circumvented the randomness engine behind that too...) However I believe they did want people to play as a team by observing and using learned intuition to understand whats going on rather than voice chat. I do believe you're right with the reason they didn't include voice chat, but I also believe they designed the game around that idea.

That said, communication has nothing to do with why squads seem to be a lot less chaotic than solo however. I've never once used voice chat, so that's at least 2/4 players not communicating, and only a 50/50 chance the other two are. Yet the players in squads are just more solid overall and indeed much more capable of intuitive play with our without voice chat. Yes, a 4 player squad without voice chat versus a 4 player squad with will have a serious disadvantage, but it also happens that a lot of the 4 players squads are competitive/clan players. With/without voice chat they're certainly going to be better all the way around.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
they don't really care WHAT happens in 4p squads
No. I agree that solo queue is important, but no. Playing with your friends is the basis of multiplayer gaming, they DO care about the experience for players playing with their friends.

A lot of games (see: most PC games) don't have built in voice chat, and voice calls are used. It's normal.

I'm not really interested in talking about this much more, but I'm pointing out that this "solo queue is the only thing that matters" anchor you're using as the basis of your argument doesn't really hold water. Yes, solo queue is important, but that doesn't mean that any other way to play or opinion is invalid.

Last edited:

Award

No. I agree that solo queue is important, but no. Playing with your friends is the basis of multiplayer gaming, they DO care about the experience for players playing with their friends.

A lot of games (see: most PC games) don't have built in voice chat, and voice calls are used. It's normal.

I'm not really interested in talking about this much more, but I'm pointing out that this "solo queue is the only thing that matters" anchor you're using as the basis of your argument doesn't really hold water. Yes, solo queue is important, but that doesn't mean that any other way to play or opinion is invalid.
I never intended to invalidate other ways to play. My point was that solo is still the primary game. I.E. it's the way EVERYBODY will play the game, both the people that play just the random experience and don't play with friends, AND the people that play with friends to earn their rank, especially from A+ through S+ 99 - it's the one part of the game that all players interact with and need to work properly. Catering to the private battles at the risk of stepping on the toes of how the game works (or doesn't work) in solo is damaging to everyone. The private battles folks can easily learn new ways and tricks and techniques. The solo queue is kind of limited to what you see is what you get.

FWIW I very rarely touch solo these days. Mostly squads and private for me. No voice chat, but mostly playing with friends. I'm surely not trying to say those modes should be HARMED in any way. Merely that player-invented "exploits" (not cheats, just exploiting the mechanics of the game in unobvious ways) that can be used there shouldn't be off limits from accidentally/knowingly nerfing while trying to fix core came problems in solo. Even the very best of players need solo to work ideally to get to S+99 and stay there.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
If its not apparent enough, all I really want buffed is the ink brush... and Octo aswell i guess. The brushes focus more on speed with the ink brush being the fastest roller; Both brushes should get a strafing speed increase by 10 and 5 percent for the ink and octo respectively. Being able to skate by and swiftly attack the enemy would help with the brushes movement so much and at that point the range issue for both brush types wont even matter much considering they have so much speed.

Only other buff id be happy with would be a swipe lag reduction on the ink brush so we can go into our run faster after the initial swipe.

Award

If its not apparent enough, all I really want buffed is the ink brush... and Octo aswell i guess. The brushes focus more on speed with the ink brush being the fastest roller; Both brushes should get a strafing speed increase by 10 and 5 percent for the ink and octo respectively. Being able to skate by and swiftly attack the enemy would help with the brushes movement so much and at that point the range issue for both brush types wont even matter much considering they have so much speed.

Only other buff id be happy with would be a swipe lag reduction on the ink brush so we can go into our run faster after the initial swipe.
I haven't played the brushes recently. I was maining the Octo Nouv for RM for a good while and kept trying to apply inkbrush. I love the inkbrush and thought permanent would make a big difference but it still seems so much a lightweight that it became impractical again.

It's a hard one to balance though. If you make it too fast, chargers have zero hope to snipe them, landing all shots on the slower weapons would be hard, especially with the lag factor....you could buff them into annoying near-invincibility. Then they'd go meta and dominate the game. It's a weapon that would VERY easily become massively OP. Yet it does NEED a buff.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Yeah, its not nearly as difficult to use as it was before though. It has the kit it needed and now its a solid weapon but at this point i feel like it just need a significant reason to be used over the octo. My initial buff to it would have been to match its range to the octos but leave its power where it is at 28.0 but i felt like this thing should focus more on speed than direct ability to fight.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I've been thinking about this because I feel the game is mostly fine except for a few outliers. If you disagree with one of my choices then please, just tell me how you use it and I'd be happy to adopt a new playstyle or try at an Achilles Heel. My only rule is be reasonable!

• In need of Buffs
96 Gal - This weapon sure was full of salt in it's hay day huh?

Well, now I just feel bad for it, It's IMO the least useful of the Longest Range Tier Shooters. (Jet Squelcher, Dual Squelcher, Splattershot Pro, 96 Gal) It's main issue is that you can't really use it as a Long Range Weapon most of the time because of the combination of a giant spread and it's slow fire rate. I usually find myself either having to get super close to someone to actually hit them, or they come to me. When a Long Range Weapon can barely be used Long Range and is only less than decent close range you know there's a problem.

The only thing it really has going for it is the 2HKO but even then what's the point if you can't even hit them? Most of my shots with this weapon are Spray-and-Prays unless I'm 2 Inches away from them.

I forgot exactly what they did to it that made it go from Saber Tooth Tiger of Splatoon, to a Small Gnat, but whatever they did they need to fix it up good. At this point you'd be better off using either the Splattershot Pro or the 52 Gal.

H-3 Nozzlenose - Here we go, from a weapon that was a declawed, to a weapon that never really had claws of it's own in the first place.

I feel this weapon was ignored shortly after its release, there hasn't really been any Buff for it that I know of, but I feel it's in desperate need for one.

First off, it's so slow to use. Usually with the Nozzlenoses you won't kill in one go and for the H-3 (at least for me) is no exception. It's fire rate doesn't at all prepare for this. You shoot one round and your basically immobile for a second. You can't do anything within the time this is happening. I suppose this weapon has it's range as a helpful tool, (I think it has more range than the L-3 anyway) but it doesn't help that the shots the Nozzlenoses' shoots move hecka slow! This one is a better case than the 96 Gal I suppose, with a more spaced out playstyle and eagle eyed aim you can play well enough with it, but I feel this weapon should get a bit of acknowledgement. This weapon doesn't really give you an edge over weapons that outrange it. I just wish they could have a set for it that helps out with it's issues with close encounters. Sheldon's Picks Vol. 2? Naw, I wanted a new L-3 anyway. haha

This isn't all of the weapons that need buffs but these are the Main ones and/or the ones I can remember. Also some others I can't quiet put my finger on what's odd with them. (Jet Squelcher) :V

• In need of Nerfs
Splattershot Pro - This one is basically a backwards 96 Gal but to s lesser extent. It was decent enough before but now it's pretty good. A bit too good though.

This weapon is probably the best of the Longest Range Tier Shooters. It has a great fire rate so it can't easily be picked off close range, it has well, one of the longest ranges so it's not outranged unless someone uses a Jet Squelcher (And I never see anyone use that) it has a decent speed while shooting so you're not a complete sitting duck while shooting, and it's not effected by Defense Up which means, it's always 3HKO Time!

It's so rounded that I feel it needs a weakness. Every weapon that's strong in one place is weak in another. I think the best thing for it would be to allow it to be effected by Defense Up. It wouldn't make it super weak but it would definitely be simple and help make the game more balanced. Either that or slow it's fire rate.

I'm fine if it gets a Defense Up nerf because even if it's long range and takes good aim, it still has potential where you can play it like any other shooter. Unlike the Jet Squelcher, it doesn't have to stray too much from the normal "shoot and advance" tactic. The Jetneeds to abuse it's range. It's easy to take out close range. The Splattershot Pro doesn't have this issue to that extent. It can take care of itself in almost all situations. It's probably the most well rounded weapon I've seen. It has no specific weakness really. It's fine Long Range, it's fine Close Range.

Rollers - This one is very minor, but if they added this, this would be amazing for making Rollers less privileged. Rollers need to make louder sounds.

I did say it this was minor correct?

I feel I get randomly rolled over and flicked to death by Rollers all the time because there's no warning to them. Every other weapon has it's own distinct sound, but Rollers are just mostly silent. They do make a sound, but you can't really hear it over the music usually and it's not at all easy to pinpoint.

52 Gal - What's with all the callbacks to the 96?! Oh wait, I misheard... Oh yes! the 52 Gal!

This one is the worst of it IMO. It's the lowst TTK Shooter. Which is fine so long as there's a catch, but nope, just point and kill. Sometimes, just move the gyro around and you get splats. The best way to deal with this would be to give it slightly less range. I don't think it should be on par with the Splattershot. If the weapon is such a quick killer they should need to get closer to kill. Every other weapon type follows this rule. Close combat oriented weapons need a fast TTK, but this thing is Mid Range by Shooter Weapon standards. If it's on par with the Splattershot then it's just a Slow Splattershot that kills in an fourth of a second. It's range should be between a the Splattershot and the Sploosh. So maybe like instead of shooting up to the 3rd Line in the shooting range, (I think that's where the Splattershot clocks in) maybe it should shoot up to the 2nd Line and a Half.

Wow, that was a wall. haha. What do you guys think? Any addons or dissagreements? I'm all ears, just tell me, I really want to hear your ideas! My only rule is "Be Reasonable!"
The Dynamo needs a nerf. Either decrease the range (flings almost as far as the Jet Squelcher!!!) or decrease the damage, so when ink is flung it will ALWAYS need another fling to kill you.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
this is an odd thing for a buff/nerf but i was reminded when you brought up how sudden rollers are with their silence.

a while back, chargers were nerfed into being more noisy. while i think this was a great change for the most part, i can't help but feel like it screwed over squiffers a little bit who have a really hard time if swarmed and not enough range to keep the enemies they see out of their risk zone. it's especially troublesome given that the squiffer has a very unique sound that gives them away.

i don't want them to change the sound of the squiffer (it's so satisfying), but i would like the squiffer to be a little quieter? (also a juuust slightly faster charge since apparently nintendo is unwilling to make make damage up ineffective on charge time for eliters/splat chargers)
I think the Squiffers actually need to get a buff. At this point, the Bamboozler totally outdoes the Squiffers with it's longer range, faster charge time, and better close-range options. All the Squiffers have going for them is their OHKO.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I think the Squiffers actually need to get a buff. At this point, the Bamboozler totally outdoes the Squiffers with it's longer range, faster charge time, and better close-range options. All the Squiffers have going for them is their OHKO.
First, squiffer has slightly more range than a bammbozzler but the mobility of a Bambi make it very hard to notice
Second, as a new squiffer main I agree with you, a slight buff to range would make the squiffer a dangerous weapon but the squiffer if played well can counter most other chargers and dynamo, while the bammbozzler and long distance shooters are it's counter.
If you buff the squiffer too much it will render most other chargers as well and other close range weapons helpless so balancing this weapon will definitely be a delicate process

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
First, squiffer has slightly more range than a bammbozzler but the mobility of a Bambi make it very hard to notice
Second, as a new squiffer main I agree with you, a slight buff to range would make the squiffer a dangerous weapon but the squiffer if played well can counter most other chargers and dynamo, while the bammbozzler and long distance shooters are it's counter.
If you buff the squiffer too much it will render most other chargers as well and other close range weapons helpless so balancing this weapon will definitely be a delicate process
No. Squiffer actually has less range.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
well,
we also have both invincibility specials,
the bubbler and kraken

which

keep

getting

nerfed.

:l

no, but, the OHKO does make a pretty big difference. on upper levels, players are extremely defensive/evasive and even a very quick chain of half-charged bamboozler shots can miss or blocked with invincibility (especially if they catch a glimpse of your weapon). having sure-fire death if your aim is flawless is a big deal (you also get that refreshing ocean-spray feeling when you've managed to pull off a shot against one of several shooters that rivals/surpasses your range).

the other big thing about the squiffer is that it inks... just a little wider. bamboozler needs a full charge to ink a consistently walkable path, and even then in the heat of battle you'll find yourself dragging against the sides of the path and sustaining minor ink damage (which makes you much easier to kill). squiffer can swim along the path of even completely uncharged shots easily, which keeps you fresh and mobile. the mk III has the life-saving burst bomb sub, but they use so much ink that sometimes you just don't manage to get away.

anyway,
i DO think that all things considered the bamboozler is a more solid weapon right now (and that the squiffer needs some small buffs), but i wouldn't say the bamboozler straight up outclasses the squiffer or anything.

(by the way, guys, i'm now officially an S+ ranked squiffer~~ :3)

Last edited:

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
well,
we also have both invincibility specials,
the bubbler and kraken

which

keep

getting

nerfed.

:l

no, but, the OHKO does make a pretty big difference. on upper levels, players are extremely defensive/evasive and even a very quick chain of half-charged bamboozler shots can miss or blocked with invincibility (especially if they catch a glimpse of your weapon). having sure-fire death if your aim is flawless is a big deal (you also get that refreshing ocean-spray feeling when you've managed to pull off a shot against one of several shooters that rivals/surpasses your range).

the other big thing about the squiffer is that it inks... just a little wider. bamboozler needs a full charge to ink a consistently walkable path, and even then in the heat of battle you'll find yourself dragging against the sides of the path and sustaining minor ink damage (which makes you much easier to kill). squiffer can swim along the path of even completely uncharged shots easily, which keeps you fresh and mobile. the mk III has the life-saving burst bomb sub, but they use so much ink that sometimes you just don't manage to get away.

anyway,
i DO think that all things considered the bamboozler is a more solid weapon right now (and that the squiffer needs some small buffs), but i wouldn't say the bamboozler straight up outclasses the squiffer or anything.

(by the way, guys, i'm now officially an S+ ranked squiffer~~ :3)
That's another thing I hate, the Kraken and the Bubbler keep getting nerfed! They were never overpowered in the first place! Right now the Kraken (which is the only one I have used since the nerf) is practically useless because it only lasts 5 seconds, and people can just shoot it to push it back, then kill you when you turn back into an inkling! It's so stupid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom