What weapons do you guys like to use?

Twinkie

Full Squid
NNID
Twinkiman
I alternate weapons depending on map, but for the most part I am a big fan of the N'Zap 85.

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
I usually main the Aerospray RG in turf wars, though I like switching it up to have fun with the rollers/inkbrush. : )

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
I play a bit of everything ; but charger in general are my favorite. Kelp splat charger is still the weapon in which I have the most turf inked with.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'm really digging the Splash-O-Matic not just for its intense rate of fire (and the resulting high scores) but also because it's one of the few weapons that has a Suction Bomb Rush. I can recall some matches where I've managed to turn matches around just by using the special at the right time. Granted, I also like playing with the Aerospray RG and .52 Gal Deco since both have the equally useful Inkstrike, but I like the Bomb Rush's mobility better.

DDB

Senior Squid
NNID
Diddybound
Shooter-wise, I mostly use the Tentatek Splattershot.
Rollers, I use the regular Dynamo and Inkbrush.
And the only Chargers I use are the ones with "Kelp" in the name.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Aero RG for Turf Wars and .56 Gal Deco for Splat Zones. Not gonna act like some sort of hipster who uses bad weapons on purpose so that I come off as "humble"

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
I tend to use the Tentatek Splattershot. I like the Luna Blaster too though, even if I don't use it as much. I might need to branch out a bit more.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
For turf wars, moved on from the Aerospray MG to the the Splash-o-matic - it's very much like the aerospray, in terms of speed, and ink distribution, and so affords me the kind of manoeuvrability that I like, but it's noticeably more accurate, so more useful to me in combat. The same appalling range though.
I like the bomb rush, but I'd love to see the Splash-o-matic paired with the Inkzooka.

easyheimer

Inkling
NNID
easyheimer
I've bought almost all the weapons but keep going back to the Aerospray RG. The gun is the best all around IMO and the sub and special are the best combo too.

Zippy

Inkling
In turf wars I use mainly the Inkbrush and Aerospray RG. For Ranked, its usually Luna Blaster, Krak-On or Aerospray RG.

DDB

Senior Squid
NNID
Diddybound
I'd argue the Aerospray MG is the better one.

The Inkzooka and Seeker make up for the Aerospray's biggest weakness: range.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
In Splat Zones, I main the Duel Squelcher, but I usually like to mess around in Turf Wars so I don't really have a main there.
Lately my favorites are the Squiffers (either) and the N-Zap '85.

(Whoops, '89's not out yet.)

Last edited:

sammich

Inkling Cadet
classic squiffer and splattershot pro forge (maybe you can tell i'm a point sensor junkie)

also working on the default splattershot and kelp charger but i am less consistent.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
As a newbie, I used the RG because of the rate of fire which is fantastic then I switched to the Dual squelcher as I realised I liked range better than rate. What made me change to .96 was a match where I went head on many times with a .96 gal but lost. Though lacking in rate, the damage is ridiculous and has decent range. The echolocater is the icing on the cake.
The .96 adds beef to your splattershot mates. There were many occasions where my teamates with splattershots and RGs do not quite make it and I had those " ok time for big bro .96 to show ya how to splat " moments. Its such a bulldozer, slow but devastating

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
I main the L-3 Nozzlenose (see sig) and substitute it for the Luna Blaster, Custom Splattershot Jr. and the Splash-O-Matic sometimes. I love disruptors, and L-3 is really fun for me, it's range is so good for zoning, and it's pretty strong if you've got good aim. I play the custom when I'm feeling sneaky - since it really demands stealthy play, but I use it on Ranked only sometimes, usually on Turf Wars, and switch to the Splash-O-Matic when I want to play a more aggressive role. Luna Blaster and L-3 are my Ranked choices, though I use the Nozzlenose more.

Luna Blaster seems pretty popular but I love it's space theme XD - While the Nozzlenose looks neat because it resembles a revolver.

littleangel

Inkling
I main the Krak-On splat roller eheh~!! Mostly because I just can't live without beacons , they're very important to me ! Whenever I play a different weapon & there's someone on my team that can use beacons but rarely does so , irks me ><! I guess I just like having these secret little points on the map ^^; . I know rollers tick ppl off the most but it is rather satisfying to surprise someone with a roller ehehe~ ^O^♪

Mouldywarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mouldywarp
I recently switched from .52 gal deco to Splattershot pro and it's a revelation. Suddenly, because of the extra range, rollers are much easier to take out. But close range attacks are more of a problem.

I'm really starting to appreciate how each weapon is strong against different types of weapon. But each is weak against others as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom