• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's Up With VC?

FlareHabanero

Increases the Excitement
It really sucks that due to the lack of VC, all the comments section of every splatoon news is nothing about arguments over this game not having VC. :/
People want the soothing sound of a pissed off white 13 year old boy verbally raping the microphone yelling "GET NOSCOPED ****ING ******".

Last edited:

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
can you really no-scope with any of the known weapons though?

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
It really sucks that due to the lack of VC, all the comments section of every splatoon news is nothing but arguments over this game not having VC. :/
Now that you mention this, it's probably the biggest negative repercussion of not having voice chat. Honestly.

FatReuniclus

Full Squid
NNID
Sillykola
First and foremost, I believe it's a protection for kids who don't know to turn off voice chat for their own good.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Don't care. Really didn't want to buy a headset for the wii u, only to use it for one game. I'll use other means. It is gonna suck for the people we go up against who don't have mics though.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
First and foremost, I believe it's a protection for kids who don't know to turn off voice chat for their own good.
It's really hard to argue against something like this.
If this game was rated T, maybe I could understand the upset at no VC, but we're forgetting kids will be playing along with us. Imagine a 19 year old cussing out a 12 year old. There will be a bunch of youngsters who are just playing their new game and VC runs the risk of ruining this for them.

Plus we have a multitude of ways around this, no VC isn't much of a loss in the long run.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
I would not of noticed the lack of voice chat. I personally don't care. If I want to talk, I'll use skype or whatever is the platform of choice. Personally I think the pc based voice chat will have the ability to deliver the best quality period.

x) if they could only figure out how to stop the game from being broadcast through the mic it'd make voice chat so much better. Nothing beats listening to the game you are playing through voice chat because someone's mic is picking it up.

Also. Unless they added it to League of Legends and i never got the memo. That game doesn't or didn't have voice chat for ever. It already became an eSport with $1,000,000 cash pool.

Shaggy_MN_1975

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shaggy_MN_1975
I am not terribly concerned about the lack of
voice chat, in fact it was one of my favorite features in Goldeneye on the Wii. It isn't that enjoyable to listen to the language of some gamers anyway.

Besides, if there is a map displaying what is happening on the GamePad, voice chat may not be necessary. Options abound such as Skype or TeamSpeak anyway, so those that find a solid team can always go that route.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
can you really no-scope with any of the known weapons though?
IDK but I know in Battlefield Bad Company 2 I no scoped with the SVD sniper all the time. Hip fire only, Didn't even need to touch the zoom button lol. It was a weapon you had to feel where it was going to hit. :3 it was so cheap. Had short, mid, and long all covered with one gun :3 good times good times.

Zeltar

Inkling
NNID
zeltar
Personally I think it should be included with the option to turn it on or off, like in Smash. No reason to deny people the opportunity if they want it. I wouldn't use it over Skype, but there are people I know who would.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
Even if there was voice chat, I would still personally use skype :P

FatReuniclus

Full Squid
NNID
Sillykola
Also, VC worldwide would simply cause confusion... Gotta have a lot of language groups to cover...

Marie

Inkster Jr.
My opinion is Voice chat isn't really necessary. Maybe for private rooms with friends however..

Marie

Inkster Jr.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/10/dear-nintendo-splatoon-needs-a-voice-chat-option Shoutout to IGN for this article good to see some honest nintendo fans. There readers even agree there should be a option unlike that go nintendo poll maybe there is hope.
Maybe, but isn't thinking Splatoon will totally flop and be ruined just because of no voice chat a little overreacting?

Voice chat for Private Rooms is fine, but I don't see it being fun in multiplayer, considering it's WorldWide.

DingDongMcDork

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DingDong
It's just more trouble than it's worth. Between the assholes who will be yelling at everyone, the language barrier and other kind of non sense, I don't think it's really worth it. A little bit of common game sense should cover up any need for communication anyway, the game isn't insanely complex and it's pretty clear what you have to do.
And you can still set up a skype call once the team ranked mode comes out.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
Maybe, but isn't thinking Splatoon will totally flop and be ruined just because of no voice chat a little overreacting?

Voice chat for Private Rooms is fine, but I don't see it being fun in multiplayer, considering it's WorldWide.
Voice chat isn't splatoon's biggest issue it is really the fact the real game doesn't drop till august. Alot of people asking for voice chat want this game to be big and successful. More options everyone wins.

Marie

Inkster Jr.
Voice chat isn't splatoon's biggest issue it is really the fact the real game doesn't drop till august. Alot of people asking for voice chat want this game to be big and successful. More options everyone wins.
I guess you're right, I'm curious if leveling up takes a while if the "Real game" will be taking place in August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom