• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your age?

How old are ya?

• Total voters

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
18 and decidedly much less exciting than a lot of fictional 18-year-olds. I have a bit of a complex when it comes to people who are younger than me, better than me at something and aware of it, which probably can be traced in large part back to the time I became obsessed with comparing people based on mental ages via IQ and wanting to have the greatest mental age of anyone no older than me.

That manifested itself increasingly over the years, as it was never really relevant at the start of secondary school but became clear over time, primarily if there was a maths genius (or three) in a year below mine with whom I had to contend. In the context of Splatoon, I can't help but feel outdone when I say, see, anyone aged 17 or younger at S+. Related to that, at some point last year, I started hiding my age in my main online hangout (although most people there already knew by then), but I decided that was kind of silly, given how much I talk about A-Levels and starting university and whatnot.

So, like, I enjoy hanging out with individuals younger than myself, but become antagonistic if they demonstrate themselves to be superior to myself in some way. On the flipside, I rarely feel bad if outdone by someone my elder, although I'll often get the mindset that I'll need to have achieved what they've achieved by the time I reach their age. Oldest case of that disappointing me is possibly the time I didn't get my first Pokémon on my tenth birthday...

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24

Grfddcdxxsxcd had to make a post with 10 characters :p
If you bold, underline, and italicize something (I think you might only need to do 1-2 of those) you can actually bypass that limit. Example: 24
I'll prove this in the next message

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom