• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

When is squid partying ok?

How do you feel about Squid Parties?

• I love them in all modes.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I loathe them in ranked, but I don't mind them in turf wars.

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • I loathe them in turf wars, but I don't mind them in ranked.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I loathe them in all modes.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • It depends on the partiers for whither I like it or not.

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • I am neutral about them / I don't have an opinion.

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Only in private matches, please.

Votes: 16 20.0%

• Total voters

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Only in a private party in online then never

If you squid party online I tend to just splat you all and ruin your fun for taking it online xD
I agree. If someone on the other team is partying i'll probably take the free kill unless it's a friend. Even then, most of my friends don't party.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I agree. If someone on the other team is partying i'll probably take the free kill unless it's a friend. Even then, most of my friends don't party.
Your too kind, I don't care who it is if you party you die xD once I went into a turf war for the first time in ages and everyone in the lobby except me squidpartyed I ended up with something like 40 kills because they all kept running out the bases and letting me kill em it was more funny then anything

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Your too kind, I don't care who it is if you party you die xD once I went into a turf war for the first time in ages and everyone in the lobby except me squidpartyed I ended up with something like 40 kills because they all kept running out the bases and letting me kill em it was more funny then anything
Geez. They didn't try to kill you for attacking their party?

2shotsofvodka

Give me all your Vodka
I honestly don't mind squid partying, most of the time something similar to it has happened it was like we got a good kill then someone beside me would flank and then I'd do it with them for a few seconds booya'ing then go off and back to normal x3
So, it was more of a "good job" thing to each other I guess

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I honestly don't mind squid partying, most of the time something similar to it has happened it was like we got a good kill then someone beside me would flank and then I'd do it with them for a few seconds booya'ing then go off and back to normal x3
So, it was more of a "good job" thing to each other I guess
Most of the topic is more about the type of squid partiers that do nothing but party all match, not helping out the team at all. I technically consider squidbagging ("partying" after you get a kill) and partying all match different.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
God, I keep looking back at this thread and how it has so much attention and i'm like "wow"
ANYWAYS, I think I said this earlier but partying in private matches is better since you can use ranked colors / longer timed matches and do ... whatever really, without worrying about random people killing you since it's friends only!

Way better than messing with someone's serious TW or Ranked match imo.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I will admit, I do feel slightly vindicated seeing that partying's apparently going out of fashion to a degree now that turf war has higher stakes, or at least it seems that way amongst the English-speaking crowd. I still don't hold a grudge against partiers at the end of the day, but a part of me is like "I WAS RIGHT YAY" :D

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I will admit, I do feel slightly vindicated seeing that partying's apparently going out of fashion to a degree now that turf war has higher stakes, or at least it seems that way amongst the English-speaking crowd. I still don't hold a grudge against partiers at the end of the day, but a part of me is like "I WAS RIGHT YAY" :D
Yea it seems like less people are interested in partying with the fact turf wars are def. more rewarding now + wins get you SSS. I'm actually really glad about it despite the fact it's hard for me to pick up the game unless i'm really in the mood for it recently (I've been too into kirby, actually....)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yea it seems like less people are interested in partying with the fact turf wars are def. more rewarding now + wins get you SSS. I'm actually really glad about it despite the fact it's hard for me to pick up the game unless i'm really in the mood for it recently (I've been too into kirby, actually....)
I can certainly relate to your feelings on the game, I've been playing Earth Defense Force and can't stop plugging it to any friends who might conceivably be interested :P

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Don't worry, partying will never die, I'll make sure of that >=D
But hopefully your rooms are less plagued by match-long parties: I love to party, but I love to kill more <3

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Wasn't expecting to ever see this thread boost back up to the front page again. Nonetheless, my opinions changed a bit.
Still probably best to keep it private, but i'm more neutral towards partying if i'm feeling down because it usually cheers me up.

As morbid as it sounds if the partier is sabatoging the other team and it's a free win for me, I'm a lot more open to it.
Haha.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I don't know if it's a recent occurrence, but the partiers are now the first people to attempt a splat. If I'm not in the mood for a party, I paint my way along. But the minute they see me, it's "get him before he ruins our party", and I inevitably have to splat em. It may be due to my fav weapon's range, but I've been slightly averting partying due to that.
Often its a harmless time, but lately it's been a hostile practice, where the attendees don't even allow new people in. Granted, because people are actually playing more often nowadays its hard to get a party going, but its a huge deterrent when the party is occurring in front of a spwan, they actively go for you, and refuse to be passive. It's not like you're going toto stop partying due to spmeone accidentally splatting you.
Anyway, I do hope they continue, but please, be safe out there squids. Find a quiet corner, don't splat under any circumstances, and eventually people will catch on. °u°

Shorrin

Inkling
NNID
Namieami
To me, Squid Parties are really only OK when there's nothing at stake. So basically, squid party with me on ranked, and you're dead.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
NEVER IN RANKED
Turf is best and def private battles too!!!
Turf parties is a great way to make new friends!!!!

G

girigiriHERO

"nothing at stake" = points for people who aren't level 50, coins for people without perfect gear and/or Super Sea Snails

Basically if you are level 50 and have perfect gear, there is nothing at stake FOR YOU, so you think it's okay to screw over other people who don't have the same.

this is coming from someone who is level 50 and used SplatHax to gear the gear I wanted in the end, although some was rolled naturally prior to that, after SplatHax it all means nothing.

EDIT: technically if you're S rank in squad battle there is nothing to lose, so partying is 100% ok in Ranked then. Don't worry about if everyone else is S or not, because YOU have nothing to lose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
In my opinion, squid partying in ranked is unacceptable (and in squads if not all six to eight players in the match are S or S+). If someone on your team is A+ and below while you're S+ and sabotaging the match for them, that isn't right (which I really hope nobody has ever done that). Even five second squid parties because of how poorly the other team is losing isn't right. You shouldn't ever let your guard down in a ranked battle like that. Or if the rank A+ is only the opposing team, you're basically giving them a free win they didn't deserve. As for solo ranked, the non competitive players need to stay away from it. That's not the place for squid partying since there are consequences for losing. People play that mode to be competitive and win, not to party. Why people still choose to do it is beyond me. That really is the most inconsiderate thing you can do in Splatoon. For turf wars, I don't mind it if the lobby I end up in already has a majority of the squids partying. But if it's a singular player or two trying to start a party and they don't leave after one match after seeing that no one else is interested in partying, that's just as bad as squid partying in ranked. Of course I know I can simply leave the lobby, but I find it a bit ridiculous that I even have to. If you and your buddy can't find anyone in regular battles to party with, then please take the party to a private battle lobby. That's just common sense to me. For the most part I prefer squid parties in private battles since whenever I select regular battles I expect an actual battle.
(Also, I'm curious. Has anyone here ever witnessed a squid party in S or S+ solo ranked matches? I've heard of it happening in ranks as high as A, but not S or S+ yet. It sounds like something that only happens in the C's and B's since I'm assuming more experienced players at those ranks are not all that competitive.)

G

girigiriHERO

People play that mode to be competitive and win, not to party. Why people still choose to do it is beyond me. That really is the most inconsiderate thing you can do in Splatoon.
So you're saying that 100% of players DO NOT play TW to win and be competitive? You know that's a lie, therefore there is NO DIFFERENCE. The little letter beside your Rank doesn't differentiate between what is acceptable and what isn't.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I'm not saying that at all. You can be just as competitive in turf wars as you can be in ranked. But since there is a consequence for losing in ranked, you are less likely to see as many players fooling around as you would in turf wars, making turf wars the ideal place for squid partying if they choose to not create a private battle. Like I said, having one or two party squids in a lobby full of players actually trying to battle is inconsiderate of them, as it ruins the battle for everyone else (especially if all the party squids end up on the same team). Entering a regular battle lobby already full of party squids is different. Everyone is there to party rather than battle and there is no consequence for losing. There's nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom