When is squid partying ok?

How do you feel about Squid Parties?

• I love them in all modes.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I loathe them in ranked, but I don't mind them in turf wars.

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • I loathe them in turf wars, but I don't mind them in ranked.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I loathe them in all modes.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • It depends on the partiers for whither I like it or not.

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • I am neutral about them / I don't have an opinion.

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Only in private matches, please.

Votes: 16 20.0%

• Total voters

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
It. Is. A. JOKE

Honestly, I have no idea how else to explain this to you. We are only joking and attempting to make people laugh. We're trying to relax battles that are always stressful by making people laugh, and half the time it is successful in amusing people. I'm really sorry for trying to amuse people if it bothers you so much. And I sincerely mean that. My aim is not to upset anymore but I guess joking around isn't for everyone. At this point, I will say anything to get you to leave me alone honestly. Please, let's just agree to disagree and stop quoting me. I have no desire to speak with you anymore - by the way I've ignored your previous quotes - and I'd really appreciate it if we could just drop it.
I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but while intent is always a valid and legitimate thing that, if apparent, should be acknowledged, the issue is that you can't clearly communicate that in a game like Splatoon.

If I ever come across you online, for example, I'd probably recognize you and catch you doing this sort of thing; I'd be a bit put off but wouldn't get salty over it. If it was anyone else, someone else I didn't know, the best assumption I could make is that they're making it much harder to win.. because they are.

This is why I'm a lot more "strict" with online etiquette in games like Smash Wii U and Splatoon in contrast to my laidbackness in games like Team Fortress 2, where communication is ever so available.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It. Is. A. JOKE

Honestly, I have no idea how else to explain this to you. We are only joking and attempting to make people laugh. We're trying to relax battles that are always stressful by making people laugh, and half the time it is successful in amusing people. I'm really sorry for trying to amuse people if it bothers you so much. And I sincerely mean that. My aim is not to upset anymore but I guess joking around isn't for everyone. At this point, I will say anything to get you to leave me alone honestly. Please, let's just agree to disagree and stop quoting me. I have no desire to speak with you anymore - by the way I've ignored your previous quotes - and I'd really appreciate it if we could just drop it.
"pretty fun and quick money", as you put it, is a joke. That jerkish behavior's the only thing I've ever had a problem with, and yeah, I really don't get why you think THAT self-admitted bad sportmanship is okay but you'll look at similar acts with disdain. Okay, alright. You don't wanna be consistent in your behavior, that's fine. I'll drop it, but I sure am glad I quoted this before you erased it!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Screwing people over and ruining matches for money? What a laugh!

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Boy, it sure is easy to justify vile behavior by saying "we're only joking!"
I'll give that user the benefit of the doubt, but to be very blunt, even that person's intent means absolutely nothing towards the grander scheme of things, that is people literally do this to be vile. If we're going to look at what they're doing and the result of it, yeah, the challenge is sloped upwards moreso directly because a certain amount of players on the team are committed to something other than the objective. That being said, I can see some people intending to express some other message, whether that message is successfully communicated or not just depends on the situation, but everyone doing the objective has the right to assume they are doing it just to be pricks. The fault comes into the fact that you are attempting to do something rather specific in a game designed to focus on team-based objectives. At least in games like Smash Bros., half of the time, I don't really have to be too concerned with one or two people jumping off the ledge over and over again as i can just fight the fourth person who's down to actually fight. This game though? Yeah, this directly makes winning harder. Players messing around in parties don't count as inactive players, meaning whatever respawn time other splatted players is not changed whatsoever (correct me if i'm wrong though, i'd love to be proven wrong about this).

If there's anything I am a bit irked at, it's the whole "I'm sorry, you can't take a joke" idea. Sometimes I'm not even hellbent on winning, yeah I'm playing to win but I can take losses. How-freaking-ever, if even one person on my team decides to mess around, things become a whole lot grayer at the end and I can't even really figure out what went wrong with my play. What if I played perfectly fine and we still did badly? What if I played god-awful but the squid party participant(s) were still a thing? Trying to improve on previous matches becomes a whole lot harder just because people decided not to participate in the objective.

EDIT: and to repeat, yeah, a lot of people do this because "being a jerk is fun". I don't immediately throw my fist out at people who decide to do things other than the mission objective, but every time i check the miiverse profiles of said people, they make it very transparent that they don't take the game seriously (which is absolutely okay) and spend most of their time intentionally attempting/succeeding at obstructing the play of others (which is absolutely not okay)

inb4getgood@me

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I can accept all kinds of goofiness, the only reason this even became a thing is because Airi uses squid parties to trick people and get an advantage in ranked matches and then tries to pass it off as a joke. I'd love to hear an explanation for this, but between their dodging the topic and ignoring me, it undoubtedly boils down to trolling.

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
I can accept all kinds of goofiness, the only reason this even became a thing is because Airi uses squid parties to trick people and get an advantage in ranked matches and then tries to pass it off as a joke. I'd love to hear an explanation for this, between their dodging the topic and ignoring me, it undoubtedly boils down to trolling.
>ranked

now this becomes grayer once again. if i'm going to take it out of context, yeah what a douche move, but honestly, the other team is also at fault for putting themselves in a vulnerable position in Ranked. It's not really cheating, for the same reason.

the whole "not taking a joke" thing is still.... eh.

You peeps have no idea how ridiculous you all sound
sorry

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I can accept all kinds of goofiness, the only reason this even became a thing is because Airi uses squid parties to trick people and get an advantage in ranked matches and then tries to pass it off as a joke. I'd love to hear an explanation for this, but between their dodging the topic and ignoring me, it undoubtedly boils down to trolling.
I'm sorry for my bad choice of words in the original post. I should probably have thought a little more about the way I phrased things but I didn't think any user would have such an issue with it. If I had known, I would have chosen more careful words. I will be happy to change it if it would make things better. Please believe me when I never meant for it be taken badly. Saying it made for easy wins was meant to be taken in a joking manner. I know how hard it is to read tone over the Internet and I should have considered that more. It was truly stupid of me not to consider that more often. I guess that I tend not to be the brightest person quite often.

I didn't know that my choice of words was the reason that you came after me so hard in multiple threads over this. From your posts, it sounded as if you were mad at the idea people were fooling around in quad squads. If I had known sooner, I would have just changed the wording to be clearer so this entire thing could have been avoided. I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Once again, it's just another produce of not being able to understand something and I am sorry for that. It's entirely my fault for not being more clear and I don't blame you or anyone else for thinking of me as a horrible person.

I am sorry for my poor choice of words. I hope this clears up things a little bit at the very least. I tried to clear things up with my previous post but I can see that was taken negatively as well.... I'm sorry. It was always meant as a joke and never anything serious. It was meant to be joking saying that it was "easy wins". I should have used a better choice of words. The reason I chose to begin ignoring you was when it felt like you weren't listening to me and just intent on making me seem like this bad person. So I decided to walk away before it escalated any further. When you quoted me in a separate thread about this, it felt like borderline harassment to follow me like that and I put you on the ignore list.... But clearly that's not a block feature like I thought. So I began to ignore you because it felt like we were just going in circles and then you followed me into other threads and it began to feel a little like harassment. Which furthered my want to ignore you in hopes it would stop without a need for confrontation.

I hope you can forgive me for causing such problems. It was never my intent. I am truly sorry for causing you such ill feelings and for misunderstanding. I don't expect you to believe me and I don't deserve to have you believe me for my inability to be smart enough to understand you. But I hope you can believe at least a little of this.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm sorry for my bad choice of words in the original post. I should probably have thought a little more about the way I phrased things but I didn't think any user would have such an issue with it. If I had known, I would have chosen more careful words. I will be happy to change it if it would make things better. Please believe me when I never meant for it be taken badly. Saying it made for easy wins was meant to be taken in a joking manner. I know how hard it is to read tone over the Internet and I should have considered that more. It was truly stupid of me not to consider that more often. I guess that I tend not to be the brightest person quite often.

I didn't know that my choice of words was the reason that you came after me so hard in multiple threads over this. From your posts, it sounded as if you were mad at the idea people were fooling around in quad squads. If I had known sooner, I would have just changed the wording to be clearer so this entire thing could have been avoided. I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Once again, it's just another produce of not being able to understand something and I am sorry for that. It's entirely my fault for not being more clear and I don't blame you or anyone else for thinking of me as a horrible person.

I am sorry for my poor choice of words. I hope this clears up things a little bit at the very least. I tried to clear things up with my previous post but I can see that was taken negatively as well.... I'm sorry. It was always meant as a joke and never anything serious. It was meant to be joking saying that it was "easy wins". I should have used a better choice of words. The reason I chose to begin ignoring you was when it felt like you weren't listening to me and just intent on making me seem like this bad person. So I decided to walk away before it escalated any further. When you quoted me in a separate thread about this, it felt like borderline harassment to follow me like that and I put you on the ignore list.... But clearly that's not a block feature like I thought. So I began to ignore you because it felt like we were just going in circles and then you followed me into other threads and it began to feel a little like harassment. Which furthered my want to ignore you in hopes it would stop without a need for confrontation.

I hope you can forgive me for causing such problems. It was never my intent. I am truly sorry for causing you such ill feelings and for misunderstanding. I don't expect you to believe me and I don't deserve to have you believe me for my inability to be smart enough to understand you. But I hope you can believe at least a little of this.

I think it's best I just stop posting on here for a while though. My inability to express things seems to have caused a lot of trouble. I'm sorry for taking this thread off track too. I'm just.....totally sorry for everything.
It took this long for this to click in your head? It's not just me, read this thread, even dedicated partiers thought that sounded douche-y! And it does! You made it sound like it was something you and your friends do on a regular basis, and if that were true it would NOT be okay on so many levels. So of COURSE the constant "it's just a joke" responses was irksome! It's not harassment, I legitimately wanted to know why you'd think "disrespect" wasn't okay and what sounded like weaponized parties was. That's it.

Do whatever goofiness you like in quads with your friends, just don't actively screw over other players! That is ALL this ever boiled down to. Eesh!

Egg Queen

Full Squid
ignoring what's currently happening, I'd like to share my opinion about squid partying!
I actually enjoy squid parties a lot (in turf wars). I don't really start them because I don't know if anyone else will join but if my teammates are then I definitely will join. It just seems so fun and chill to me. It's especially fun when the other team joins~
If I see other squids squid partying by themselves or with a couple other squids, I just let them be because, hey, they're just having fun! And after all ,it's just a game, nothing to get all worked up about :^)
Nooow if it's in ranked mode, it really sucks because then my rank would most likely fall. Also, I'm already so stressed in ranked so I need all of my teammates' support haha

If you disagree with me, please don't reply bc I reeeeallly don't feel like arguing over a video game. thanks

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I generally try to do right by others, but grumpiness happens as you saw here. I also tend to skulk around and camp in matches. Does that make me sweet and sour chicken? :P

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I stepped away from this thread for a bit and come back and I.... don't even know what's happening anymore.
I'm just gonna go off of what I read and say: In the end I just say keep anything that isn't playing the game properly in private matches. It's kinda cheap to get money in an "easy" way by screwing around if that's the case. Even less acceptable in ranked.

Idk. It just doesn't seem like you're "earning" the rewards if you just screw around.

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Here we go. Prepare for a GIANT RANT.

Squid partying is OK in regular turf wars (sometimes, I'll get back to that later) and private battles. It isn't ok in ranked battles or Splatfest. For ranked, it's obvious. If you squid party, it's like disconnecting, yet without the disconnect nerf (the one where depending on how far into a match a disconnect occurs, the points lost to down in value). This causes people to rank down faster. In Splatfest, you're basically allowing the other team to get a win. But, if it's a mirror match, it's ok, it doesn't count towards the end result. But! There is somthing that is completely disrespectful that you can do in TW to tick someone (me) off really, really hard. Getting a spawn camp, then FREAKING SQUID PARTYING IN THE OPPOSING TEAM'S FREAKING BASE. I like squid parties as much as the next guy, but this is NOT OK AT ALL.

G

girigiriHERO

Here we go. Prepare for a GIANT RANT.

Squid partying is OK in regular turf wars (sometimes, I'll get back to that later) and private battles. It isn't ok in ranked battles or Splatfest. For ranked, it's obvious. If you squid party, it's like disconnecting, yet without the disconnect nerf (the one where depending on how far into a match a disconnect occurs, the points lost to down in value). This causes people to rank down faster. In Splatfest, you're basically allowing the other team to get a win. But, if it's a mirror match, it's ok, it doesn't count towards the end result. But! There is somthing that is completely disrespectful that you can do in TW to tick someone (me) off really, really hard. Getting a spawn camp, then FREAKING SQUID PARTYING IN THE OPPOSING TEAM'S FREAKING BASE. I like squid parties as much as the next guy, but this is NOT OK AT ALL.
Squid Partying isn't ok period because 99% of the time it's the cause of a lost. Just because you care about your letter doesn't mean it's ok in TW. By your theory is someone doesn't care about their Rank, it's 100% ok for them to do in Ranked. Just because YOU don't care about TW doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

G

girigiriHERO

Squid Partier logic

well my friend and I are both S in Squad Battle, we have nothing to lose (just like you have nothing to lose in TW) so it's okay to Squid Party because screw everyone else, I just care about me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom