• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which Gamemode Do You Think Will Be The Most Fun?

Arbok_

Inkling
NNID
cobraflame110ftw
I'm definitely excited for turf war the most, as it reminds me of those old mario party games where you have to cover the field in your color of paint in 30 seconds, or something like that.

Setu

I was thinking that splat zones/future ranked modes will end up being for more of the competitive play and turf wars for funrooms or something.

StarKun

Full Squid
I dunno, between a single player mode and the fact the game is mostly for online multiplayer, why would single player be more appealing?

assuming someone wants the game only for single player, they'd be disappointed.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I dunno, between a single player mode and the fact the game is mostly for online multiplayer, why would single player be more appealing?

assuming someone wants the game only for single player, they'd be disappointed.
We don't exactly know how long the single player is nor do we even know everything about it. It could be an incredibly enjoyable experience that people love to replay over and over. The level design is looking fantastic, and they seem introduce something every level. Also tons of cool looking enemies each needing fun strategies to defeat them.

Now sure, maybe not 60 dollars worth of content. But I can easily see people liking single player more but having the multiplayer still justify the price.

Nurematsu

Inkling
NNID
Nurematsu
I'm going to reserve judgement until the game comes out and I've had time to explore all the modes, but I'm most looking forward to the multiplayer modes we currently know of. I have a feeling I'm going to be sinking more hours into Turf War over Splat Zone

Fedorable

Inkling
NNID
Mistanutjob
Ranked Splatzones.

Admittedly less because of the mode itself and more the ranks. Can't wait to grind to rank A :P

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
I am going to paint so many things in Turf Wars I really hope I don't get tired of the color teal... :p

More to the point, I really like the basic Turf War concept a lot. I am not the biggest ranking person, but Splat Zones sure looks fun too. So I will probably play them a good bit as well.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Turf War until I get a solid team reliable team together for any sort of ranked anything.

Turf wars online is what got me really excited for Splatoon. It looks really fun, and it also looks to be very competitive. I can't wait to sit down with friends and create strategies. My original plan was to play story mode first, to collect money and items for online, but that went down the drain.
When you see how easy it will be to collect points in turf war, you won't worry about getting money offline. or at least you shouldn't. You just have to play the objective. Best advice I can give you to get your unlocks!

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
Ill be doing Splat Zone online, since I like the competitive part of this game. Turf Wars will be for when I want to relax. The single player should be awesome as well, given that it plays similarly to Mario Galaxy.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
We've only seen Turf War and Splat Zones. At least that's all I've seen, I'm not sure if others have been shown yet. Going by those two, Turf War looks more fun because it's the "main" mode of the game. By that I mean it was the first shown, it's what's been used for gameplay showcases so far, and it seems simple enough so that players of any skill level can enjoy it. I hope that every mode is equally fun though. I never like it when there's a game mode or two that I never seem to enjoy. I feel like I'm missing part of the experience, but I don't want to force myself to play that mode just to get rid of that feeling.

Is Splatoon in NA priced as $60? In Finland I can find it with 36€ when usually games that cost $60 in NA costs 60€ in here.
I noticed that too. Splatoon seems to cost around £35 here in the UK and the bigger games would usually be £40-50. I wonder why the NA price isn't different?

Zeltar

Inkling
NNID
zeltar
Personally, I think Turf Wars looks like the most fun, but I'll probably play a bit of story first, because I have to know what is up with Jed the Cat.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
The campaign mode seemed very much interesting, but interesting doesn't mean much if the campaign is short and/or boring. Content seems to be a thing that this game desperately needs considering it seems lacking what with the lack of private lobbies. I'm assuming the KOTH gamemode (whatever its name is) will be the most fun, but that's just my intuition from playing shooters a good chunk of my life.

Last edited:

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I think there's more to the single player than we think. Remember the single player trailer, and how it looked like there's a lore to the Inkling/Octarian world? The campaign will be more than just a string of levels one after the other.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Ranked Battles for me as soon as it goes live. Hopefully they reach that milestone quick like, because I don't think it is going to take very long to reach level 10.

MrRoidley

Full Squid
Hmm, now that we've seen the Direct, to me the Tower Control mode looks the most interesting.
Octo Valley looks great too but I'm still waiting on info about its length.
Turf War and Splat Zones look really good too, Splat Zones seem to be more interesting because they involve more skill and player interaction. Turf War seems to be for when you want some mindless chaos :P
Battle Dojo does look not that interesting but I think of it more as a Training mode than anything else.

Bennie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
moogla
Hmm, now that we've seen the Direct, to me the Tower Control mode looks the most interesting.
This, a million times this. Tower Control is going to be all about how to use area control to support control of the tower. I can't wait to play around with different weapon loadouts to see how they might apply there.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't know which looks more interesting. Splat zone or Tower control! Both require some heavy defense once you claim something, but you have to make different strategies for each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom