• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which weapon will you be maining in Splatoon 2?

Fisherman

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Fisherman765
Switch Friend Code
SW-4453-3080-2542
Whichever Octobrush has the best Sub and Special combo.

SlyBlue

Inkling
I main dynamo right now but that might change in 2 because of the roller changes. So far I'm not looking forward to the vertical ink flick thing.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
squiffer and bamboozler of course, provided they aren't unreconcilably changed.

splat roller looks good and i actually got decent with a regular splat roller after S2's splat roller reveal, so i'll probably be playing a lot of that as well.

and recently i've been super interested in learning the octobrush. been watching octobrush videos from S1 in place of practicing (since i already decommissioned my wii u).

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
Probably Splattershot to start with since it's usually a top tier weapon. I definitely wanna try out the Dualies too.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@sammich make sure to watch octobrush noveu, they are more closely related to the new weapons, I have also got a thread analyzing how weapon will be used be sure check it out

@mercenariez Don't choose a weapon based off where it is in the meta, be adventurous and choose weapons that you play cause they are honestly fun to play, or at least provide a good challenge when trying to learn going into Splatoon 2 try to keep that in mind. (Seriouslymy best moments come from

jookie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
j00kieizm
Not sure what I'll be maining but I'm excited to try to dualies. But whatever does the best for ink coverage is what I'll be using mostly in the beginning.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
In all honesty story mode likely won't be a good way to train in Splat 2. In Splatoon 1 it was only good for training your movement, but if you wanted to train with chargers or rollers off the amiibo challenges, they really weren't too helpful. This is becase the Octarians are way too easy to kill
That might be true for the Octarians, but the Octolings did actually feel a lot like human players (not like absolute pros of course, but still) and were harder to beat because they posed a bigger threat. The Octarians were designed for people who were completely new to this game, while the Octolings were aimed for people who already finished the first levels of the single player campaign and started to get the hang of it.

Besides, from what we've seen the SP campaign will offer a lot more challenges this time around and you won't need amiibos to play with chargers, rollers etc either.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
@sammich make sure to watch octobrush noveu, they are more closely related to the new weapons, I have also got a thread analyzing how weapon will be used be sure check it out

@mercenariez Don't choose a weapon based off where it is in the meta, be adventurous and choose weapons that you play cause they are honestly fun to play, or at least provide a good challenge when trying to learn going into Splatoon 2 try to keep that in mind. (Seriouslymy best moments come from
I get what you mean, but I'll choose whatever weapon I want tyvm

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@mercenariez
I can respect that, just make sure to enjoy the variety and fun Splatoon 2 on your way to S+, I hope to meet you there.

Though I wonder how much a difference there will be between someone main weapon and their salmon run weapon of choice.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Gonna keep going with the Slosher, still has that nice balance of turf spread, accuracy, range, n power, and the vanilla's kit is perfect for it.

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
Some variant of an Octobrush or inkbrush. The autobomb for the vanilla Octobrush seems like an interesting subweapon. The burst bomb/ Tentamissile combo on the splat dualies makes me want to play them some more, though. Splat dualies are looking to be a much-used secondary for me in this upcoming title.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@mercenariez
I can respect that, just make sure to enjoy the variety and fun Splatoon 2 on your way to S+, I hope to meet you there.

Though I wonder how much a difference there will be between someone main weapon and their salmon run weapon of choice.
In my case, my favorites will probably remain the same. Automatic fire at charger range will be a boon when fighting bosses.

WOOMY Y NGYES

Inkling
I will use the 92.GAL DECO,to me is the best weapon in the game because is perfect for kills,but there is not an single footage of 92.gal deco,Has Nintendo forgive the 92.GAL DECO??? I wish that no...

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I will use the 92.GAL DECO,to me is the best weapon in the game because is perfect for kills,but there is not an single footage of 92.gal deco,Has Nintendo forgive the 92.GAL DECO??? I wish that no...
All weapons (except maybe the sheldon variants) are returning but with different special weapons and some with different sub weapons, so the 96 Deco wont have Kraken and may or may not have Splash Walls.

innsxo

Inkling
I'll probably end up maining Blasters and Dualies. I really like the technicality behind the Dualies, and the dodge roll. It kind of adds some technique and unpredictability to it.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I'll probably be favoring the Splattershots, Sloshers, and Blasters once again. Chargers and rollers were never my thing in all honesty.

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
For me it depends on the mode, but I'm for sure using the Splat Brella when it releases, specially in Rainmaker, i love playing the shield role in a lot of games (like Reinhardt in Overwatch) so the Brella is perfect for me

Purrloin371

Inkling
I'll probably stick with some sort of Splattershot since I used that for Splatoon a lot. Maybe an Aerospray depending on what they have. Also, I want to try all the new weapons and see which ones I like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom