• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why are female Inklings more popular?

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
I'd play as the guy were I a guy. I love both designs equally.

Though I'm a girl so I play to relate. I still like the guy though and switch profiles to do it at times.
Rarely though.

I still like his design though because it's cute.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
I play as a male inkling because:
  1. I am male
  2. I think the topknot is a more interesting style
  3. there is is far less, if any, clipping with the boys
  4. they look closer to human in certain outfits
  5. the girl is overplayed and doesn't look that interesting IMO
  6. Guys are not sexualised in game and especially by the community

Krazy4Krash

Inkling
Female Inklings are adorable, Male Inklings look like dorks. The boys are passable if they wear a hat that covers their silly topknot, at least. This includes the Legendary Cap even though it doesn't actually cover their hairstyle, because the hat so fresh either way.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Cus they're really fhuckin' cute. That's why. uvu)
PLUS WOOMEME AND SQUEESQUEE!

Though boys are cute as well, I just want their tentahair to be showed out more when puttin' on hats. That's why the Cap'n's hat is super cute on 'em.
With all their Nghyes and other noises.

I'm fine with both genders though. I'll draw both if I want to. Got no preference. Can change to either one in game if I want so... I'm cool with both.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
I pick the girls for a few reasons.

1. I always prefer long hair. Or, in this case, long "hair", with sarcastic quotation marks around it.

2. Despite that I'm male it kinda suits me more. I'm not exactly the most masculine individual out there, I'll say that much.

3. There is a Squid Girl outfit. A SQUID GIRL OUTFIT. Ika Musume! Theoretically the boys can still wear it, sure, but as a fan I say it's not quite proper without the long tentacle hair that she has. Or at least something close to it, in this case two gigantic tentacles instead of a whole pile of thin ones.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
  1. they look closer to human in certain outfits
They're not supposed to be human, though. I do agree that with how the boys hide their tentacle hair while wearing hats, it doesn't show their squid features all that well. They look too human while the girls show off their hair a lot better. As much as I find their designs okay, the girls are better designed when it comes to showing off their squid features.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
They aren't exactly perfect avatars though. The head shape, eyemask, beak and ears plus the brightly coloured hair still paint them as other.

I forgot to mention I love big thick eyebrows

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Male Inklings look like dorks. They have a very unappealing design, sound horrible, and the fact they're an afterthought clearly shows. I play as the Female Inkling despite my gender because she has none of those problems.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
What's dorky about them exactly? They're the exact same barring hairstyle hips and idle/victory/defeat animations. As for their sound I'd say that's down to preference but I prefer the boys sounds because I rarely hear them. As for being an afterthought I wouldn't say it shows. Heck if it didn't come straight from the horses mouth I'd think the girls were the afterthough due to clipping with the tenterlocks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom