• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why are female Inklings more popular?

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
What's dorky about them exactly? They're the exact same barring hairstyle hips and idle/victory/defeat animations. As for their sound I'd say that's down to preference but I prefer the boys sounds because I rarely hear them. As for being an afterthought I wouldn't say it shows. Heck if it didn't come straight from the horses mouth I'd think the girls were the afterthough due to clipping with the tenterlocks
No, Inkling boys were an afterthought. Splatoon was originally gonna have only Inkling girls before they decided to put the males in before showing off the game to the public.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
I know I'm saying it doesn't show as the previous poster suggested. The only thing I can imagine them doing differently is having the hair stick out of all headwear rather than just just glasses, visors and the Legendary Cap

ArcticWolf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RedGazelle7
Japan. Basically what the Heroine of Squids said, along with the fact that most of the hats cover their tentacles. The Inkboy's design isn't even bad, I think they just don't show off much of the squid features the girls do. I still always play as them though.

Side note: Can Spla2n have different hairstyles? plz?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
What's dorky about them exactly? They're the exact same barring hairstyle hips and idle/victory/defeat animations.
Those alone make all the difference. For example, the slosher victory animation gives boys a disgusting grin on their face while girls only give a simple smirk. The charger lose animation for boys I feel is significantly more over the top than necessary.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I play as the girl because I think they look better. If they introduced options for hair I might consider playing the boy. It doesn't matter if the avatar is a boy or a girl, it's not me. Right now the only time I play as a boy is during Splatfests because I hate being referred to as a queen.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Everyone knows "girl" means "Guy In Real Life" anyways. I don't see what the problem is.
You forgot the age old golden rule: "There are no women on the internet".

Jesting aside, I use the term "G.I.R.L." for MMOs where clearly guys who pretend to be women to get free things or just to mess with people, and they tend to use the "~", or "<3" at the end of their sentences non stop trying to pass for a female but they have no idea how they actually act, it's sickening actually. In a playful way, it's like a Barbel Steed trying imitate a Carp but getting certain details wrong.

I'm a guy and I'm not ashamed to admit it. My character is the female Inkling and because of her wonderful design and her cute voice. She's so much interesting than the male and that's where I stand. I don't pick a character based on my IRL gender, I pick the most appealing. I don't pretend to be a girl so I shouldn't be labeled as such, but they do exist. I don't exclusively pick girls in games though, there's been a few where I prefer the male ones.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Those alone make all the difference. For example, the slosher victory animation gives boys a disgusting grin on their face while girls only give a simple smirk. The charger lose animation for boys I feel is significantly more over the top than necessary.
It's evidence that even in a race of squids, men are still disgusting, filthy pigs, and we could probably do better without some of them.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
In all seriousness, I prefer the dude design because even though they act like complete douches, there's kind of a charm to it, and clearly my testosterone levels are too high too tolerate the cuteness that emanates from the females.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
That c*cky smile is the main reason why i use the Slosher.

mosse

Inkling
Girls are popular because a lot of girls play as there own gender then + many guys play as them too. Sometimes just because they find them cute, and sometimes for more....unsavory reasons....

God forgive if splatoon ever got anything akin to a battle bikini.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Technically not feasible, considering the bodysuit that's built straight onto the model.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
Girls are popular because a lot of girls play as there own gender then + many guys play as them too. Sometimes just because they find them cute, and sometimes for more....unsavory reasons....

bic.png

It's already upon us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom