• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why are female Inklings more popular?

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Well female inkling was the initial design we were presented and the one we are far more familiar with since the female design is the poster design.

Beyond that, her design has more of a cute factor.

Personally I use male Inkling for various reasons.
First off, I am a male and have my Inkling be a sort of personification of me.
Second, his tentacles don't appear when wearing hats which I do like in many cases, you can say it makes him look more "human" but is that a bad thing?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
The Power Armor set is the coolest Amiibo set ever. It looks very good with splatlings.
That picture brings the biggest problem of it to light, which again, is the clipping. No other piece of gear has that much clipping going on at once, aside from occasional unavoidable hiccups.

GerbilCrab475

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GerbilCrab
I don't mind the clipping very much. I just wish the hands were animated instead of just lumps.

CK3

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Icarus3
A hairstyle that cause everyone hid hate the poor thing. Other that than that I don't see how anyone can say he is poor designed.
no i mean maybe they like the hair design..
In person i have the hair style of the males but overall i prefer the female design...

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
no i mean maybe they like the hair design..
In person i have the hair style of the males but overall i prefer the female design...
I was agreeing with you. It seem that people like the girl more because of her hair design. I prefer the boy ponytail more since I don't care that much long hair. I would rather her hair be shoulder length. But since he have that hairstyle, it seem people hate on him or claim her bad which he not. I don't claim that girl horrible designed because she have long hair.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
One look at fan-art and it's not hard to see why most like them.

The Inkling girls are undefeatable when it comes to absolute cuteness for Splatoon.

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
They make cuter noises. I can't help but mimic the "Squidwee!" Sound every time I super jump. Admit it. You've all done it at least once.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom