• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why are female Inklings more popular?

IrisZ

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
They are like 12.

I like the female Inklings better because of their hair. The male Inklings have this weird-looking ponytail, and it's just.... yeah it's weird. That's mainly the only difference between the two.
I see the sarcasm was lost
Gotta love the internet

I think that the majority of players on Splatoon are male, and would naturally want to be a female character
Sort of like any MMORPG player that's male. A few of those female characters in those games are actually male people in real life

So maybe it's not the physical difference between the two Inklings, but the gender associated with them? That's what I think anyway

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Ermame is the best. I'll be developing his style and mix mine for my new artstyle when I get my drawing tablet. Last fanart I'll share, I happen to think this one is appropriate for this time of the year.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I think that the majority of players on Splatoon are male, and would naturally want to be a female character
Sort of like any MMORPG player that's male. A few of those female characters in those games are actually male people in real life

So maybe it's not the physical difference between the two Inklings, but the gender associated with them? That's what I think anyway
yeah, it's definitely that. this happens in pretty much any online game where you can choose between male and female. especially if you can customize said character. sure people can go on and on about the female inklings having a better design etc, (well they're design is great) but the male is basically the same with different hair, masculine physique and some different win/lose animations (i'm honestly not a fan of the slosher win animation for males, but i don't use sloshers anyway). people just like having a cute character to look at when they play, and male characters are rarely considered "cute" (not never, but rarely). i personally love playing with a character that represents how much i look like in real life. male, dark skin, male voice (woomy is overrated please don't kill me). i don't have a ponytail, but it disappears with a lot of headgear anyways, so that also works. plus i think the ponytail looks great. i feel like it's just as creative as the inkling's hair. it really just falls under what you like.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Amount of moe in here is too damn high. I prefer when girl inkling look more badass.

Sorry, but even when they're badass, they're still adorable. :P

I'm female, but I always choose a female avatar whenever I'm playing Pokemon or Splatoon. My brother usually plays as females in games like Fallout, but for me, I always choose females. :P

Fun fact: This is actually done by the creator of the Squid Girl manga & anime, Masahiro Anbe. Still a cute piccy, though. <3

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
Sorry, but even when they're badass, they're still adorable. :p

Yea, They are adorable but sometimes. I hate when they are draw as sugarly sweet, bug eyes style cute that make you want vomit :p I guess their amount of cuteness I can take -.-

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
(woomy is overrated please don't kill me)
Burn the Heretic! Though just about everything the girls say is cute sounding. Woomy was merely the chosen one.

Yea, They are adorable but sometimes. I hate when they are draw as sugarly sweet, bug eyes style cute that make you want vomit :p I guess their amount of cuteness I can take -.-
You need to increase your Squee tolerance. You can show me a million pictures of cute things and I'll never get tired of them.

Anyway, I like how this thread went from why inkling girls are more popular, to why they are so cute. XD

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I don't mind them being drawn as sugarly sweet. Sometimes I keep thinking that despite being all around badass, they still have a cute sweet side to them. You know, being all moe and whatnot. :P

Burn the Heretic! Though just about everything the girls say is cute sounding. Woomy was merely the chosen one.

You need to increase your Squee tolerance. You can show me a million pictures of cute things and I'll never get tired of them.

Anyway, I like how this thread went from why inkling girls are more popular, to why they are so cute. XD
Don't go to my DA page then. There's way too many cute stuff in my favorites whether it's from Splatoon, Zelda, or Pokemon. XD

I know, it's great, isn't it? :P

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
I think only the girls do that smile with the Rainmaker.

Also, i think that if they gave us hairstyles, a lot of people might switch.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Also, i think that if they gave us hairstyles, a lot of people might switch.
I personally like the girl's current hairstyle due to how long and floppy it is. I kinda sound creepy here, but it's honestly how I feel about it.

Can we appreciate how adorable the girls are here?

These are probably the best Splatfest pics for me. :P

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Sorry but...

Come on, we're in a community mostly made of boys (who isn't) of varying ages and when we have a female option in game, I mean....

You know right? That said, I've been shifting to male ones recently.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I think only the girls do that smile with the Rainmaker.
the male inklings do it too. tested it out yesterday. you just never see it because you're always seeing the character's back. (i'd show you screenshots, but rainmaker isn't on at the moment. will edit them in later)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Because of the longer hair
And what that means is
I'm a male who's attracted to girls with long hair, so I if I play as a girl, I get to see pretty hair more often than the weird ponytail thing

EDIT: How the heck did I even find this thread the last post was in December. I clicked on it then went to youtube for half an hour and remembered about this and came back so I have no memory of what I did to find this thread.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Since the game doesn't lock your gender, I alternate every few sessions.

But I have a preference for the inkling girl for reasons others have already stated. Though I can hang with the inkling boy design depending on the outfit I choose and makes him look less like an elf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom