• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why Did You Choose That Username?

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
I had this Minecraft account called "Squidslayer" like 2 years ago, and then on a server someone misspelled my name for "Squis", so I changed it to that. Then, I decided that I'd go with "Squix" on other things.

Zet4Dragon

Senior Squid
NNID
ZetaDragon
Not sure about the Zet4 thingy, but I really ancient greece things so i think that's why.
About the Dragon: it's my favourite mithological animal.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
I'll let you guys guess where i got mine.

Hint: If you're old enough, you'll get it if you watched A LOT of TV.

G

girigiriHERO

Mine is derived from a song, but my actual name on Splatoon is ギリギリHERO. Seeing as it's probably fairly unique, if you play someone with that name it's probably me, and it explains me perfectly while playing Splatoon.

Pterk

Full Squid
NNID
YoloEric12
Well, since you asked. This a long story I'm about to tell, so children get your hot chocolate and cookies and get ready for story time. So, one day at school, my friend Owen was called Own for some reason. Then somehow we started talking about pterodactyls and then we combined that and made PTERN and then since people called me Erk instead of my real name Eric, Pterk was born This was a lot more complicated then like all of your names

littleunknownn

Inkling
NNID
littleunknownn
One of my best friends gave it to me. Origin comes from the Tekken Tag series final boss, Unknown. My friend said I was the 'little' version of her, thus came the name :)

[wrng_answr]

Inkling
NNID
ThatzHowItzDun
My username originated from this song. (he's one of my favorite artists)
i first used this name on WebKinz (i made one out of boredom and it didn't even last a week)
i removed the vowels cus d̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶k̶i̶d̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶r̶i̶t̶e̶

after using it on Twitch and becoming known as wrng_answr there, it became my 'gaming' name.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I tried so hard to make the idunno LOL face¯\(o_°)/¯ as my Mii's name but too many of the characters were unavailable for some reason, and I wound up with the sassiest teapot you've ever seen.

My NNID is Burninizer, which is a reference to Trogdor the Burninator.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
I'm a big fan of the TV show Justified, which features a US Marshal named Raylan Givens. I wanted to come up with an pun based name for an Inkling character, and settled on Spraylan.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
WAAY back in high school I went to diabetes camp (yes, there is diabetes camp), where each group had to come up with a cheer. The movie "Superstar" had recently come out (dating myself), so at the end of our cheer one girl went "Super-E!" ("e" was the first letter of our team name). After that camp (same summer), I went to a church youth leadership retreat, where I one time charged at another guy and speared him onto the couch (very playfully), got up and said "Super-T!" (you also have to realize I was about 100lbs and very small and skinny, I couldn't actually hurt anyone and all the girls thought I was cute). They all thought that was funny, so I got the nickname Super-T, or often pronounced Supa-T.

So when Wizards of the Coast had message boards (rip) I started posting using a version of Super-T as my handle. It looked like [Supa_T(im)]. After a couple of boards updates they removed the [] and () and became supa_tim. So, I've been using some variation on that ever since. You can find me on most Magic the Gathering message boards with a similar name.

This also explains my avatar. On the original Wizards' boards I picked the picture from the Prodigal Sorcerer because his nickname was "Tim" because people thought he resembled the character from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. So, I've used him ever since (and I have quite the collection of Tim cards as well).

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Figure I'll make a second one, for my in-game name: CC|Zephyr.
the CC| part is used because of the squad I'm in, while I chose Zephyr because it's a term used for a light breeze, which is something I'm very fond of during the winter.
I'm also fond of using it as a dramatic wind trope during animating, which is something I've been trying to do for a while.

[PR@] Johnny Squid broken down:

Johnny Squid comes from my original Splatoon avatar I made for my Tumblr blog: The Tricks of the Squid, where I post tips and tricks for newer players.

The [PR@] in my gamertag reflects my status as the President of the Pratt Gaming Club at Pratt Institute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom