1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Why Did You Choose That Username?

Discussion in 'The Crispy Calamari - Off-Topic Discussion' started by ZypkerGaming, Aug 16, 2015.

1. MarkuChan

MarkuChan Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8198-8262-6218
    mine is a nickname given to me by one of my friends. She is a japanese girl with hearing aids, and she doesn't talk much. it was just one of the things that she called me and i thought it was rather cute

2. BBGrenorange

BBGrenorange Inkling Cadet

Mine is an inside joke with my squadmates (we're friends irl).

We were playing a game that involved colours, and I was like, "what if I play green and orange together?"

My friend was like "you mean like Grenorange?"

And then (because we play Sm4sh together as well), we were all screamed/whispered (there's always that one guy), "Pls nerf grenorange!"

And the BB stands for Booyah Brigade, the name of our squad.

3. ZootFluteRiot

ZootFluteRiot Inkling

NNID:
    ZootFluteRiot
    My username Pikablu is from when I was younger and the Gen 2 was coming out and we got to see Marill, and everyone thought its name was Pikablu. Even though Marill isn't my favorite Pokémon, I always thought the name Pikablu sounded adorable. As for when I change my name during Splatfests (whatever side I'm on + butt), I'm just being an immature 27 year-old. I'll never forget the time it was Pirates VS Ninjas and I got a friend request that said, "Butt Ninja, you are a true Splatoon Legend".

4. pinky

pinky Ayah ! Less go!

NNID:
    tippytrippy
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3726-9968-4765
    i just combined my favorite anime with my favorite system of all time AND BOOM it rhymed

5. the

the Inkling Commander

Would "because it wasn't taken" be a shallow reason...?

6. pinky

pinky Ayah ! Less go!

NNID:
    tippytrippy
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3726-9968-4765
    no originality is always best

7. J'Wiz

J'Wiz Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    JWiz
    My name is a reference to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode "Gee Whiz". I thought "J'Wiz" was a much cooler way of referring to Jesus, so I used that instead. After a little bit, I started using the name for my main character in almost every video game I could.

I've used this name shortly after the episode first aired. *looks it up* Well....it seems I've had this username for about 13 years.

Admittedly it's not my community username, and I kinda regret not using that one. Oh well.

8. IHaveAToaster

IHaveAToaster Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4526-2274-0616
    My username is actually supposed to be a double meaning.

It refers to both the fact that I love toasted foods (for example toast, crumpets and pop-tarts) and the fact that my computers usually have pretty mediocre specs, so it can either mean "I have a toaster, which I use to cook bread." or it can mean "I have a toaster for a computer."

Kinda dorky but hey, dorky's my style. It's also far easier to abbreviate than my old username.

SAHSWAMPY likes this.
  9. TheRapture

TheRapture Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
    Admin

NNID:
    Ya_Boi_Rapture
    My original tag was actually CCM30 way back in the day, which stood for "ChainChompMasta30" bc, when I'd play MK Double Dash, I'd always have at least one of the babies on my team for their Chain Chomp super item.

Then in the years following that, I changed my tag often until one point, when I was part of an organization called vVv Gaming, in which the leader was teaching ppl on how important it was to stick to one tag. As he was saying that, my tag was currently "Rapture" as I was playing Bioshock at the time. So I was like, welp guess I won't change my tag anymore, and stuck with what I had at the moment, Rapture.

And here we are, give or take a "The" depending on the platform lol

Dessgeega likes this.
  10. iced potato

iced potato Senior Squid

It's just something random from Paper Mario.

[​IMG]

Whenever I make an account for anything, my usernames always end up being either food related, Paper Mario related or both.

11. west |-/

west |-/ Inkling

My username is "west" because it's just the name I always go by online if i'm not using my irl nicknames. "|-/" comes from one of the bands I listen to lmao

12. Makeshift

Makeshift Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    rosesarered14
    I picked mine because I like the word. It technically started out with me making my online usernames things like "Makeshift_Unicorn" or "MakeshiftGriffin" and things like that. Eventually I just settled on Makeshift. It's now my Splatoon name and Squidboards name.

13. Drew Sebastino

Drew Sebastino Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Espozo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3924-6316-9401
  14. NBSink

NBSink Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5607-3736-5200
    Maybe you heard of Radio Amateurs? No? Well, Im one of them and my Callsign ends with NBS. And since my father and my brother used there endings for their things in similar ways I called myself NBSgames for my Website, NBScube on Minecraft, NBSink here on Squidboards, NBScode on Github. I just put something related after NBS (cube for Minecraft, code of Github and since you are shooting ink in Splatoon why not put ink after NBS). Even tho: I started to rename myself to NBSgamesAT in a lot of those things.

Dessgeega likes this.
  15. darktenpura

darktenpura Senior Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1816-5244-1416
    Ah..the name
    Darktenpura is literally tenpura which is dark
    But actually it is a pun of...dark templar(one of the Protoss units in StarCraft franchises)
    I used to play StarCraft I and II a lot and my race is Protoss
    So...
    En taro Adun, my friend.

16. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Can anyone guess it? .w.

17. .Chocolate

.Chocolate Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8319-6524-5403
    well I can try, is it because you are a big fan of Asian culture, specifically the Chinese philosophy?

18. yum yum

yum yum Inkling

Me and my gf got spla2oon last night and gave each other usernames.

19. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Yes that's part of it.

Along with that, I have always been interested in darkness and evil things, but also light and good things. I'm more focused on the darker side of things but still have my friends to be there for me.

Then I started to write a fanfic.

I had trouble thinking of ideas, but then my friend sent me a picture (attached down below) and I suddenly had an idea. I would write a fanfic about 2 inklings, one named Yin, and one named Yang. I began crafting the story carefully to go as much from the actual yin and yang concept. The only thing that I couldn't get right was the genders, but I had realized that yin wasn't supposed to be a girl later in the story. Anyway, Yin was basicly a inkling who loved to kill, rushed in and destroyed whatever what in his way. Yang on the other hand, was more cautious, attempting to make peace before attacking, moving smoothly through the battlefield. She was the more resourceful one. When I was writing this, I wrote Yin and my friend (a girl) wrote Yang. We worked in tandem and wrote in sessions, like we still do today.

Then comes the time I decide to join squidboards.

At first I had thought to be one of my other usernames from other websites and I decided to sleep on it. I woke up the next day feeling a little moody and decided to write while I waited for my friend to get up. I continued to write for a while and then decided to look at squidboards.

Then my friend sent me another picture of Yin (also down below). I realized it would make a great profile pic! I went along with the theme and made my username Yin.

I have changed my profile pic (@Shard made one for me) but I'll be rotating between the 2.

Well this took a loooooong time to write. Hope you enjoy

Attached Files:

20. Либра

Либра 「Pavor Nocturnus」

[​IMG]
    And then I took on the name of a fellow trap because the character (having had a similar hairstyle during the time) resonated with me and I liked how the name sounded. Years later, it still stuck so it's a common IGN and username even today. Some knowing FE:A still call me "Padre" jokingly. :D

IHaveAToaster likes this.