• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why Did You Choose That Username?

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
So my birthday is July 8th and it became my favorite number so I wanted to incorporate it into my name.
I also loved playing pool as a kid, and this username originated when I was like 11-12 (maybe before that).
Wizards and magic and dragons were also appealing to me, so I wanted something magical.
Then I remembered that I had a Magic 8 Ball in my room as a kid and loved that thing. It was a perfect fit.
Also I first used it on XBox Live so I had to substitute letters for numbers like the YungScrub I was, so it originally was M4g1c8Ball (but I can't do that to myself anymore).

P.S. I have no idea what people think of my username so please let me know xD

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
My friend for a while had ginger hair, and their friends called them ginger brick. Since I have a connective tissue disorder (at least I assume it's because of that) my hair tends to naturally go weird and fun colors, and it just happened to be grey-silver at the time. You do the math.

Chancellor Woomy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mixolydia98
A while back on Miiverse, I made friends with Capn Woomy, this one girl who has her own sort of social club of friends (known as "Woomies"). We often role-played in the comments, acting like we were part of our very own big squadron of squids- an army.

Each Woomy had their very own title (Capn, General, Sergeant, etc.), and I eventually declared myself to be "Chancellor Woomy."

Chancellor Woomy is also the name of a joke Inkling character of mine.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
A certain Mystery Dungeon game has decided my destiny character, and it has stuck with me every since. Overtime I realized Similarities and it became my favorite.

Japanese name for Torchic. <3

Hydrashi Onosi

Inkling
My name Hydrashi is a combination between "Hydra" and "Shi", which also make it sound like "Hiroshi"

- Hydra also named after the Lernaean Hydra, a many-headed serpent in Greek mythology

And i just made up the Onosi

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Years ago, I wanted a fresh start to things...and that included my username.

I was diving knee deep into the megaman fandom for the first time and figured a name in relation to it would fit. What became my favorite character was Zero from Megaman X / Megaman Zero. I thought about how I liked both versions of him, and the fact that he tends to seemingly get killed off or put to rest very often- only to come back again every time.

And in a way, I was reviving myself into a new fandom. So...ZEROrevive.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Because there's always "ThatOneGuy" who keeps killing you in a shooter game. Plus, Guy is just an easy name to say in a voice chat.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I've been a fan of tomb raider since a little kid, and I bought a PS1 a few years ago that still works and I have the five original tomb raiders and play them often. Lara Croft is often hunting relics, hence RelicRaider. It was taken on miiverse so I decided to add ULTD for unlimited.

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
I saw a youtuber get demolished by a guy named daddyfatsac, and since im a 9 year old at heart i thought it was the most hilarious name in the world. I took a name in the same vein after much discussion with another idiot.

Its been my handle for a while. Suprised it hasnt ever gotten me into trouble.

Glimster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
This is actually something I've always wanted to make a video about,however I never knew about this thread so I guess I'll just share it here. The first game I put a lot of hours into was GoldenEye on the Wii. Online I was always using different names until I finally joined a team called CD. I wanted a name that suited the tag so I decided on Stereo .Once I got a Wii U I then decided to go by the name of Glimmer as I have always been a big fan of Spyro and the name didn't sound too bad ;). The name became even more fitting when Destiny came out (that game took away way too much of my life). Only just recently I decided that I wanted a fresh start,mostly due to me being a procrastinator on my YT. So,I decided to just fuse the two names and now I'm going by Glimster. This time I'm promising myself I wont change it xD.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
1: Couldn`t think of something else and was impatient to post
2: Game Grumps Reference
3: fun to say! *u*

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Mine was a cross between a card's name, and happening to like Forte/Bass simultaneously. Over the course of the night, I had a revamp and wanted to start anew. Me, and my friend had a theme with our names, so we always went by ForteReborn, and ZEROrevive.

Especially in the Megaman NT Warrior, Forte.EXE is reborn through alpha, becoming entirely a dark NetNavi, irony. Same for the anime version, Forte is born from left over data of Pharaohman.EXE, thus been reborn. The theme always seems to co-exist with him.

jkid391

Senior Squid
First letter of my real name, wrote the "kid" after because I act like one, 391 because it was fast and easy to say. I originally made it in 2012 for a Minecraft account, and I was too lazy to create another username for SquidBoards, so I just reused it.

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
It was used by a member of an online community many years ago and liked the sound of it, since then - it's been my name on many programs/sites, such as Discord, Skype and forums. I usually shorten it to 'Mika', which is pretty nice. I know that's not very creative (not coming up with my own nickname/username), but oh well. xd

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
The SWAMPY part of name just was a name I kind of went with I'm not 2 sure where that part of my name came from XD... However the SAH part is actually my name on YouTube but in initials. (S)uper(A)nnoying(H)ulk (yeah I know that name is a little bit weird... I made it when I was much younger XD... but it kinda stuck with me :P)... so yeah XD...

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
My username comes from a Dylan Moran routine about Australia. He was talking about what a stupid place Australia is and why no-one should ever come here. As an Australian myself, I found it absolutely hilarious and it's still something I remember from time to time, years after actually watching it. Specifically, at one point he's talking about the deadly sealife in Australian waters and lists "sharks, jellyfish [and] swimming knives" as the dominant threats facing the Australian swimmer. Given that this forum is dedicated to a game all about a planet dominated by aquatic life, it seemed like a fitting choice.

I put a clip of it in the spoiler, if anyone's curious. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clip of this specific bit without awful subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom