• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why Did You Choose That Username?

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
I chose the name because I really( really really) want red ink in the game.
hey, guess that makes two of us!

as for my name: It's an old alias that I really liked, because it's Latin and I think Latin is cool.
Of course, if I had bothered to translate it beforehand, I might have gone with something else instead, like "Verax" or "Ignis".
it's better than my old usernames, at least.

as for my NNID, I made that in a completely spur-of-the-moment choice. And honestly, I'm not too proud of it: if I could change it, I would.

Last edited:

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
For the longest while I used to go by Zeldaman/Zeldaman11 for the fact that I loved The Legend of Zelda series, but that felt less and less fitting to me as time went on so I switched to MajorasMaskKingdom. This was a mixture of the fact that I had grown an affection for Majora's Mask, which used to be my second least favorite Zelda game, and my liking of Kingdom Hearts. This didn't last too long though, for the fact that I had only recently made this current handle/username. About a year ago I had watched a promotional video about SEGA making contractual obligations with Howard Johnson to be the Official hotel of SEGA. It involved a crazy man that looked as if he were in some sort of Grunge band and a fat graying dude that looked as if he just wanted to relax. The promo had the crazy man as the hotel attendants, yes every single one of them, and the other man as a hotel guest. It would have the crazy man shout "Welcome to Howard Johnson, the official hotel of SEGA. HOJO!" and other various things at the guest several times over and the man just really wanted nothing more than to be just left alone. This went on for about twenty minutes or so until the crazy grunge man looked at the camera and said "HOJO!" as he got really close. So, that is the story behind part of my username. The other part is from the old G.I. Joe cartoon from the 80's/90's, when they would say "YOOOOO JOEEEEE!" as they were rushing into battle. I now use this username on nearly every website I visit.

Here is a video of that promo being talked over by ChipCheezum and I believe Ironicus.
WARNING: There is a few swears within the video due to the commentators.

Last edited:

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
Little old me, sleeping the night away. I must have been 8 or 9 at this point. I was deeply invested in a dream, a dream of great emotional and mental trauma, a dream so powerful it rattles my brain to this day, a dream so vastly immense that, had it had some form of physical representation, could have torn the Earth asunder. I woke in a cold sweat, out of breath and drained of energy. As soon as a gasp of air filled my lungs, I uttered a magical compound word, one that would change my life forever...
"Burritoburger."
Then I went back to sleep.
That may be an exaggeration, but I do distinctly remember waking from a dream and it just kinda... popped into my head. I've used it ever since, but now tell people to refer to me as "BB" because the full name sounds pretty childish.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
My US NNID, and my handle for most things since 2011 or so was bradlybee (because my real name is bradly and my last name starts with B and it sounds cute~)

But I had to get a new NNID when I bought my Japanese Wii U. I have always held a fear/hatred of birds because of several perilous encounters with them I have had throughout my life, and its a bit of an in-joke that ironically I look kind of like a bird IRL. birdie has sort of the same syllable stress as bradly so i just chose it. it's fun to say.

PS i hate birds

D

Deleted Member

Oh, my user name? Long story short:

Back in the days, when Runescape was very popular, I decided to create an account however I didn't know what to choose. So I wrote (just) my name and obviously, it was taken. It then gave me suggestions, and voilà! The birth of my username which I use in ALL of my accounts! From PlayStation, to Nintendo, to forums and even some fishy sites. You can find so many websites and pictures when you search up my username on Google!

And that's my story!

Enker (M.D.)

Enigmatic Halfling
NNID
Thejamsbox
I used to play Mega Man soccer a lot as a kid, whenever my brothers friend would play me, he would call me "El Enker" because I would always pick Enker as my char on there, just because I like the Black hole powershot that he had. Since then the name has stuck and I use it everywhere. I just removed the "El" part.

(P.S. I'm also a large Mega Man fan too.)

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Haha, I bet you all thought I just swapped 'swordfighter' around to get this

WELL YOU'RE WRONG

Fightersword actually stems from a community reference in regards to a move that Protoman uses in the megaman battlenetwork series. It' s a 3 tile forward no tile wide sword slash. The slash is usually seen when fighting against protoman but some chips also use it as part of their move, though there is no chip that is 'just' a fightersword type slash, which is why the nickname was needed. I originally coined the name when I needed something to join a MMBN forum, and didn't wantit be something overpowered while also not wanting it to me something generic.

Enker (M.D.)

Enigmatic Halfling
NNID
Thejamsbox
Haha, I bet you all thought I just swapped 'swordfighter' around to get this

WELL YOU'RE WRONG

Fightersword actually stems from a community reference in regards to a move that Protoman uses in the megaman battlenetwork series. It' s a 3 tile forward no tile wide sword slash. The slash is usually seen when fighting against protoman but some chips also use it as part of their move, though there is no chip that is 'just' a fightersword type slash, which is why the nickname was needed. I originally coined the name when I needed something to join a MMBN forum, and didn't wantit be something overpowered while also not wanting it to me something generic.
I got the reference immediately once I read it to Protoman X3 There's also Knightsword and Herosword the stronger versions :3

D

Deleted Member

When I was 9 I didn't know how to spell "Duel" and misspelt it as Dual... but then the name stuck when DualBladers in maplestory game out and I wanted my character to be named DualHero. So from that day forth any mmo or game related (forum, character, etc) is mandatory to have the name Dual or DualHero.

GuffMcGufferson

Inkling
NNID
ThatMarioFan02
Such a weird reason, but I loved it ever since I used it. I added on the "McGufferson" part myself :cool:

Noobi

Inkling
Edit: Thought it was my Splatoon name. ^^
Well my forum name is just because I am a noob.

Sparkly Ink

Full Squid
NNID
SparklyGabite
my NNID is SparklyGabite.... and i chose it because it was my pokemon blog name (picked because gabite loves sparkly things, like me!)

Jakkie

Full Squid
Well, my real name is Jackie, and I found this avatar while looking around, and to my surprise the Octoling's name was Jakkie so I just put my name as my avatar's.

c;

luna_runes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lilak-krypt
I'm a witchy girl that has a unhealthy obsession with moon symbolism c:

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
"Smychavo" is my gamertag on xbox and was originally made by my dad. At a much later time, I was thinking of changing it to "Triton533", but not only did I found it stupid that you had to PAY to change your gamertag, I later began to think the name was a bit silly. Afterward, the name "Smychavo" stuck and I've kept it since. This still didn't stop me from having my youtube channel as "Triton533". :p

Gray

Inkling
Gray is the name of my favourite harvest moon bachelor, it's also a name I go by in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom