• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Why Did You Choose That Username?

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Pretty much what i was known by, i changed my name to Riley becuase Zak98 had a bad reputation on me becuase i've done a lot of bad things in the mk community. but i can't change my name to riley lul

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
Pretty much what i was known by, i changed my name to Riley becuase Zak98 had a bad reputation on me becuase i've done a lot of bad things in the mk community. but i can't change my name to riley lul
um...curious...what are some bad things one might have done? You know, if you knew someone who might've done something. Not personally.

Cephalobro

I decided to use Cephalobro because I wanted it to be neutral when it came to the playable cephalopod species in Splatoon 2 with "bro" being the representation of me always playing as the male character in both cases, whether Inkling or Octoling.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
um...curious...what are some bad things one might have done? You know, if you knew someone who might've done something. Not personally.
Generally I was just quite annoying, but I was 11/12 years old so there's no surprise. I was rude and bragging about my UK record on a track. Starting fights with other people. I'm 14 now so I don't do this anymore.

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
My favourite demon/Persona in the Shin Megami Tensei series plus my year of birth.

wink

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1676-1715-3794
i used to use wink/winkout a lot just cuz i thought it sounded cool!
now i usually use neoratz which i actually chose when i was 7 for my neopets account lol. it's neopets + rats bc i love rats! i went back to using it bc it's almost never taken, sounds neat to me, and i figured nobody would ever piece together that it was because of neopets

TeaLeaf

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6238-9624-0408
I like tea.

Also I'm English and tea leaf is ****ney rhyming slang for thief (even though I'm not ****ney, nor am I a thief, I just enjoy the wordplay ok? Maybe I should start making more thief characters in games though...)

Sometimes when TeaLeaf is taken on some websites, I add a 15 on the end for the date of my birthday (cliche, I know).

After I changed most of my account names to TeaLeaf, I changed the name of my main Overwatch account to Duality (which is supposed to be a nod to my favourite heroes as well as my dual nature as a tank and support main). In hindsight Duality is a much cooler sounding name, and if I ever get into YouTube or esports or anything like that I will probably change everything again. Some people keep their usernames since childhood, I end up changing everything every few years. Before TeaLeaf I was NightRaven, because ravens are cool.

I was probably only supposed to talk about my current username but oooops

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Got a bit too hooked on a certain They Might Be Giants song back in 1990, and "Particle" became my college nickname. When I started DJing a few years later, I took "Particle" as a DJ name. Over 20 years later, that hasn't changed. :)

jabes

Inkster Jr.
I tend to ditch names pretty fast but Jabes has actually stuck because it's an OC's name + my real name. It's also a short version of my favourite music artist Nujabes (RIP)! There's also a much longer story to it that relates to Yoshitoshi ABe (an illustrator I admire very much)!

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
HighColor as in High-Color City, Japan's name for Inkopolis

Sunset has been a part of my name since my first non-school Google account. :P

WoomyWa

Inkling
Just popped into my head... was gonna go with BubbsartDaSquiddy but it’s too wordy for me

Fabrunette

Full Squid
NNID
Fabrunette
Switch Friend Code
SW-8140-7460-1544
Fabi is just the first part of my name, and the rest? I wanted matching names in game with my friend so i added owo and she added uwu to her UN. It's pretty cute

Neon the squid

Inkster Jr.
I had a Splatoon sona called Neon, I made it long ago though and I would probably change it if I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom