• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Wich languages do you speak?

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
@G1ng3rGar1
Singing in Inkling? that...actually sounds pretty cool.

(Coming from a guy who wants to learn the Hylian and Inkling languages. Any advice?)
Okay, there are lyrics for Splatoon songs(came with Splatune, which I don't have). You can look it up, and sing to your hearts content XD
For Hylians, well… *shrugs* I don't really do LoZ or Hylian(It's super cool that Nintendo made that Language, tho), but I imagine that there's a way to learn those. I did see a list of all of the characters before(I have no idea why I was looking at it)
:) Stay Fresh!

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I only know English right now (and a small amount of French from school) but a few years ago, I memorized the Hylian alphabet (the one from Twilight Princess I think, Nintendo changes the alphabet for every Zelda game they make) but since I've obviously never used it I forgot it =P

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
English and a good amount of Spanish from school. I am also interested in taking French in case Trump is elected. Unfortunately, university also gobbled up most of my credits for electives. Anyone know of good sites - not duolingo - for languages?

hilda

Inkling
NNID
HildaRac1808
English, Modern Standard Arabic, and Angrish.
LOL.

I speak Slovenian, Croatian/Serbian (very similar slavic languages), English, Dutch and just enough German to not perish on the streets of Germany/Austria if I ever get forgotten by a tour guide.

BlackZero, I want to ask you about your tag-line (or whatever they are called these days), about getting out of the mind to come to one's senses... I was surprised to read that here. And it is sooo true. But not "going out of one's mind" but "getting out of the mind". Those are two very different things. The former means to loose it, and the later means to "get out" as in get a grip on it, a hold of it, control it and mold it to one's liking. I once stumbled upon tools that make this possible, and have been using them for quite some time with incredible benefits to my life as a whole. It is awesome to have control over my mind, which used to run rampantly on its own. Is this the case with you too, and if so, can we compare notes sometimes?

I'm not gonna go into the tools now, it's off topic, unless people want to hear about it, then I'll open a special thread.

maximumtherayray

Inkster Jr.
NNID
maximumtherayray
I speak both English and Spanish. My first language was Spanish but I prefer speaking in English. I remember being a kid who was really into Nintendo games back then and it would always bum me out that I couldn't ever understand anything in game haha took me a long time to beat ocarina of time because of that!

maximumtherayray

Inkster Jr.
NNID
maximumtherayray
LOL.

I speak Slovenian, Croatian/Serbian (very similar slavic languages), English, Dutch and just enough German to not perish on the streets of Germany/Austria if I ever get forgotten by a tour guide.

BlackZero, I want to ask you about your tag-line (or whatever they are called these days), about getting out of the mind to come to one's senses... I was surprised to read that here. And it is sooo true. But not "going out of one's mind" but "getting out of the mind". Those are two very different things. The former means to loose it, and the later means to "get out" as in get a grip on it, a hold of it, control it and mold it to one's liking. I once stumbled upon tools that make this possible, and have been using them for quite some time with incredible benefits to my life as a whole. It is awesome to have control over my mind, which used to run rampantly on its own. Is this the case with you too, and if so, can we compare notes sometimes?

I'm not gonna go into the tools now, it's off topic, unless people want to hear about it, then I'll open a special thread.
I agree about the tools you are talking about and they have brought so much positive change into my life as well. Lucy in the sky is a powerful thing my friend. Glad to see other people benefiting from it.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Papiamento, Dutch, English, and because of Papiamento i can also understand spanish fairly well. Does counting to 10 in japanese count? lol
Oh my god someone else who speaks papiamentu on squidboards. I thought i was the only one :D. I was also starting to think i was the only papiaments speaking splatoon player :confused:

Vexx

Inkling
NNID
victor_sc
Well, I speak portuguese (native), english (kind of advanced) and basic german and spanish.

I love to speak and read in english, but I make some silly mistakes when writing.

Spanish is very close to portuguese, so it's kind of easy to understand, read and speak. I studied for some time in high school.

I also speak very basic german. I would love to learn more, but I don't have much time to study. Today I use an app in my cell phone just to practice and not forget what I learned.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
I speak hungarian (native), norwegian (which means I can understand swedish and danish and talk with them fairly easily), fluent english and basic german. I also want to learn japanese, becuse reasons.

Quitterie

Inkling
NNID
Quitter-E
Switch Friend Code
SW-7803-4243-1715
My native language is English.
Right now, I'm learning Japanese. I currently know enough to read and construct some simple sentences, and maybe translate a song or two.
At one point I tried to learn French, but I dropped it. xD I find Japanese much more fun and interesting.

colormute

Inkling
NNID
neverosa
I can't speak my native language anymore, hardly could in the first place cuz of my age at the time, so pretty much all I know is english. I took mandarin in high school and did pretty well but that language is somethin else, I tell ya... wo bu zhidao ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
English, internet english (not all of it) some slang english...
Then I know a bit of japeanse (few words, numbers, etc)
Then very few spoken words of french and spanish

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom