• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worst Ways to Get Splatted?

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I would say from behind or from above as they slam you with their roller :(

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
But my worst one which hasn't been said most definitely is when are an e-litre and you've been pressured into a corner and you have to rapidly spam ZW or whatever the shoot button is and then the roller feels SOOOO confident that he'll just run over you despite your higher lvl of skill ugh I hate it
If I get backed into a corner by a roller without an escape path available, I'm ok with that and can accept that I either really screwed up, or the roller was just really good at evading (or lag made them teleport so much that I couldn't hit them even if I shot at a screenshot) - the worst is when you're spamming ZR and not dead yet, trying to get a shooter, but like @LoremIp5um said, with a low sensitivity you can't rotate as fast as they can so you miss due to a control limitation while you twist your torso into a pretzel trying to get it to register faster rotation! Or when they're rushing right at you, jump strafing, and you're trying to hit with partially charged shots and somehow still keep missing - possibly due to them lag spamming with their bunny hopping antics. Squids who willfully abuse the lag should be breaded and fried.

Accidentally going squid on a non-solid surface and slipping off ledges would be the worst I can think of that have happened to me.

Almost had a sprinkler death once as well due to space, but managed to break it before it could cause a death.
Worst variant of that: You jump to an ally's beacon on the crane in salt spray during an attack. You quickly place your own beacon to replace it and impulsively, immediately hit ZL to ink refill before joining the fray. The crane is a grate. And it swings over the water. Farewell, sweet victory!

Failing 3 consecutive shots as a charger makes me want to just yell at the other guy to put me out of my misery
Failing 3 is a good day. Failing 5 is when you just throw yourself over the water to make it fair.

It can be sweet revenge though when you fail 5, they run past you on Piranha down to your pit, you can't let them stay and your team is busy, so you have to chase them down yourself. You shoot them from atop your conveyor and you realize you STILL can't hit the laggy little sploosh and you're standing there like an idiot hitting air again and again. Finally you rush the thing down and fire two partial charges point blank into the slimy little fish. That's a good feeling. :D Then you just hope you don't run yourself into the water while their killcam watches you as you go back to your perch :p

Thinking someone on the other team is a team mate of yours... I don't know how I've done it but it's happened more than once...
I figured out how that happens! If a teammate hit them but failed to kill, and especially if they ended up swimming in your ink for a moment, they are fully coated in your ink, and their coloring will appear to be your teams. That's a stupid, stupid "feature" in the game, and has messed me up numerous times! The nastier players like octobrushes will abuse that, intentionally swimming in your ink so that they appear to be one of yours for long enough. I've started shooting at my own team often when in doubt as a result. I probably look like a total noob because of it :cool:

I wish bomb sniffer was on the hats (which would make more sense anyways, since you sniff with your nose) since I would almost always rather use ink resistance than bomb sniffer
Probably because hats have enough uniques already and shoes have almost nothing. But it's so true.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I figured out how that happens! If a teammate hit them but failed to kill, and especially if they ended up swimming in your ink for a moment, they are fully coated in your ink, and their coloring will appear to be your teams. That's a stupid, stupid "feature" in the game, and has messed me up numerous times! The nastier players like octobrushes will abuse that, intentionally swimming in your ink so that they appear to be one of yours for long enough. I've started shooting at my own team often when in doubt as a result. I probably look like a total noob because of it :cool:
Have a love-hate for that mechanic after this weekend with all the Japanese rollers meleeing one another. More than once I had one dead to rights with my Squiffer or Bamboozler, noticed they were covered in good ink (Oh, it's just you. Let's go.), then turned my back to them...

Then there was the match I repeatedly shot at a roller friendly (Why won't you splat!?) who turned to me and spammed "C'mon"

But it is immensely fun watching 2-3 rollers and brushes per team go head-to-head every match. Until I decided to use chargers for the rest of the day I would have to swim away somewhere safe or into a corner during their throwdowns.

Award

Have a love-hate for that mechanic after this weekend with all the Japanese rollers meleeing one another. More than once I had one dead to rights with my Squiffer or Bamboozler, noticed they were covered in good ink (Oh, it's just you. Let's go.), then turned my back to them...

Then there was the match I repeatedly shot at a roller friendly (Why won't you splat!?) who turned to me and spammed "C'mon"

But it is immensely fun watching 2-3 rollers and brushes per team go head-to-head every match. Until I decided to use chargers for the rest of the day I would have to swim away somewhere safe or into a corner during their throwdowns.
Yeah, I've found the short chargers, especially squiffers with the limited range really present a problem in the roller heavy lobbies I get. If you miss a shot, you get steamrolled. The long chargers just balance that so much better. I used to love squiffer, but I'm finding it frustrating these days. Using eliter like a bamboozler has been my current challenge for myself. The spawncampers in Port Mackerel were making for excellent target practice yesterday. Only one on my team with a positive k/d let alone a good one. :D

maxie

Full Squid
was playing tower control on mahi mahi resort, was the only person on the tower, activated the bubbler and feeling the sort of smug 'hah you cant get me now' thing

and thats when a charger shot me and my bubble into the water!

Spacent

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iOmgei
I think one of the worst ways is getting splatted right after you splat someone else, in particular when it's not by the other person.

For instance, sometimes I'll do a really nice snipe and then my character will shimmy off of the ledge. Then you have that realisation where you remember that they can see you fall on their screen. It's very embarrassing. :p
Oh I totally agree, though I tend to go "WHAT THE %$#%!" after that happens haha

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Getting splatted by a sprinkler is bad, but even worse is when you know it's there and you're actually trying to take it out but accidentally get too close.

There's also the time I forgot about the grate when dropping down from Mahi Mahi Resort and just splashed right into the water.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Somewhere in between swimming with the fishes, or being splatted by the same enemy you splatted5 seconds ago, but their shots don't register yet due to lag. Its only happened once to me, but I was somewhere in between laughing and crying while trying to work out what happened.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Somewhere in between swimming with the fishes, or being splatted by the same enemy you splatted5 seconds ago, but their shots don't register yet due to lag. Its only happened once to me, but I was somewhere in between laughing and crying while trying to work out what happened.
It's really annoying, but I usually laugh when a giant spray of ink comes from thin air because a dynamo roller had a laggy attack from there 5 seconds earlier.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
It's really annoying, but I usually laugh when a giant spray of ink comes from thin air because a dynamo roller had a laggy attack from there 5 seconds earlier.
Oh yeah I forget how often to happens to me from rollers, oh they are truly the greatest troll weapons in the game, even after death Dynamo's are still splatting squids. Like, all the time.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Jumping over a roller and getting ready for the kill..... when you run out of ink.
I really like the way specials restore ink when you use them. I usually try to use a sub quickly right before bubbler/echolocator since you basically will get a free sub like that, and also, if you are in a duel and you run out of ink but don't have time to recharge, you can use echolocater and it can save you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom