• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

Jon914

Pro Squid
Played one of my first matches in the A's on Humpback. It didn't start well, and we got pinned at our base around 20 for the first half.

Eventually, we got a team wipe, and while my team started pushing, I retook mid while everybody else was focused on that push. I knew our push was unlikely to succeed (the whole enemy team was defending), and having me take and hold mid put the enemy on the defensive the rest of the match.

When time was running low, our final push failed but only 1 teammate was down. The enemy tried to run off with the RM, but I got him right outside the base to take it into overtime. That's when I decided to flank and take the back door while my teammates went in the front.

I knew the enemy was panicking and was fixated on the rest of my team, so they wouldn't notice me. It paid off. I wiped them from the back, and we took an overtime lead!

Image-1 (2).jpg

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288

Had the brella DC the entire match, and we were getting bullied hard, but i managed to stop anyone who got close to me and eventually won in the last second. "Nerf the Heavy Splatling reeeee!"

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Just a simple fresh moment I had in an RM match on Port. Got a full quad kill that took me a while to realized I had gotten. I had the Sloshine, the match starts and we all rush to the center as squids do, I casually chuck an autobomb for basic annoyance and intimidation, not expecting anything, and 10-20 seconds later, I get informed the autobomb had actually killed someone.

Then, my stingray is ready and I use it getting a triple kill which then gives us great momentum and we win the match soon afterward. For a good two days I was thinking back on the moment thinking it was a triple kill with the stingray, but then I suddenly remembered I got the first kill with the autobomb. If I was more observant I would have been getting screen shots of all this. :oops:

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I managed to rank up on a good note, which is nice, because I had a not-so-great session of Tower Control matches the night before. Some of them which might have been recorded by an LPer (or an impersonator).

One win would rank me up. Two losses would break my meter. I was convinced the two losses would happen, but I tried anyway. Thankfully the one win happened without a loss. Even better is I'd like to think I made a large contribution to our win. It's nice that I can play a ranked match, and I don't get carried or destroyed.

Oh, and one of the opponents was an obnoxious squidbagger. He'd squidbag in the middle of his special. He never got me, but I got him alot! Tee hee~

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Y'guys! Today I re-rolled a piece of gear for the first time (my favourite head gear, the retro specs), and I got three ink saver main subs. (*o*)
I couldn't believe my luck! It's my favourite kind of ability, besides swim speed up. :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain: = ❤

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Y'guys! Today I re-rolled a piece of gear for the first time (my favourite head gear, the retro specs), and I got three ink saver main subs. (*o*)
I couldn't believe my luck! It's my favourite kind of ability, besides swim speed up. :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain: = ❤
Reminds me of the time I got all Special Charge UPS on a Squiddor Polo with a Special Charge Up Main B)

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Reminds me of the time I got all Special Charge UPS on a Squiddor Polo with a Special Charge Up Main B)
That's amazing! :D I've played Salmon Run for hundreds and hundreds of times (...and probably hours, too *^.^*), and I never got a pure piece of gear... *dreams*

iced potato

Senior Squid
Wasn't even using a drink for Ink Saver Main and by absolute random luck ended up getting 3 in a row. I don't even like the 18K Aviators, I only wear them when farming for Run Speed Up chunks, but it still feels like a shame to scrub them.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Wasn't even using a drink for Ink Saver Main and by absolute random luck ended up getting 3 in a row. I don't even like the 18K Aviators, I only wear them when farming for Run Speed Up chunks, but it still feels like a shame to scrub them.

Haha, you too?! What's up with Ink Saver (Main) being so generous lately? xD I wouldn't scrub those Aviators if I were you, the mere thought of doing so gives me the heebie jeebies...

KopiJunkie

Inkling
ranked up in SZ from A- to A without a crack today after a weekend of fighting to maintain my A- rank (2nd time getting into the As in SZ, but took me much longer than my 1st time where i blasted straight through A- within a day of ranking up from B+) and picked up these abilities on my Splatfest tee along the way. no drinks, only had a meal ticket for 50% EXP.

22219992_10159462597635397_2818303087222100240_o.jpg

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I always avoid grabbing the Rainmaker, as I feel there'll always be a person in my team who can handle it better than I do... But today, in my last two matches before turning off the game, I grabbed it two times, and both times resulted in a K.O. for my team! I will definitely try to summon up more courage grabbing it from now on. *^o^*

Oh, and in the first of the two matches, the other team was leading by a lot and only had 6 (or so) points to go!
Finally some solid matches for me in ranked mode again!~

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
I always avoid grabbing the Rainmaker, as I feel there'll always be a person in my team who can handle it better than I do... But today, in my last two matches before turning off the game, I grabbed it two times, and both times resulted in a K.O. for my team! I will definitely try to summon up more courage grabbing it from now on. *^o^*

Oh, and in the first of the two matches, the other team was leading by a lot and only had 6 (or so) points to go!
Finally some solid matches for me in ranked mode again!~
You should try using 3 run speeds/Swim speeds or Ink resistance ups :p

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
You should try using 3 run speeds/Swim speeds or Ink resistance ups :p
Yes, :ability_runspeed: and:ability_swimspeed: are two great abilities in Rainmaker (especially if you grab the RM itself), and as I virtually always wear a Squid Ninja shirt, I'm already lacking in the speed department... That's why I always try to have at least one Swim Speed Up main ability when Ninja'ing around. :) Also, I tend to use Octobrush (or rather Herobrush Replica, but it's the same thing with a different paint job ;)). Then Run Speed Up isn't as viable, I think? But that's a very good tip, either way!

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Yes, :ability_runspeed: and:ability_swimspeed: are two great abilities in Rainmaker (especially if you grab the RM itself), and as I virtually always wear a Squid Ninja shirt, I'm already lacking in the speed department... That's why I always try to have at least one Swim Speed Up main ability when Ninja'ing around. :) Also, I tend to use Octobrush (or rather Herobrush Replica, but it's the same thing with a different paint job ;)). Then Run Speed Up isn't as viable, I think? But that's a very good tip, either way!
Ninja squid really does not help with rainmaker (especially If you're an octobrush main like me) I tend to just swim slowly are just go around non crowded areas. Especially if you have ninja squid while you have the rainmaker it serves no purpose whatsoever as the enemies clearly can target who has the rainmaker.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Ninja squid really does not help with rainmaker (especially If you're an octobrush main like me) I tend to just swim slowly are just go around non crowded areas. Especially if you have ninja squid while you have the rainmaker it serves no purpose whatsoever as the enemies clearly can target who has the rainmaker.
Also your ranked battle stats are the exactly same as me xD

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
That's cool that we're both Octobrushers with the same skill level. :D I did rank up to S in Splat Zones today, I haven't had time to change that yet... But my rank changes all the time (in all three modes), between A+ and S+0. *^.^*

You are very right about using Ninja Squid in Rainmaker being redundant if you'll be picking up the Rainmaker... I always avoided it before, and just supported whoever picked it up, but as I want to improve my Rainmaker usage, I will have to start actually using it. ´x)
What are your favoured abilities for Rainmaker?

Jon914

Pro Squid
On my second Salmon Run of the night, we only had 3 squids (someone disconnected at the start of Wave 1), and we completed the run with no trouble. It was regular tide, high tide, glowflies.

I was with a friend who's great at Salmon Run, but big props to an awesome rando who did his part too!

IMG_20171004_120706.jpg

Jon914

Pro Squid
Feeling confident about that 3 squid run above, I teamed up with the same friend tonight to attempt a 2 squid run. (To do a 2 squid run, open a lobby, have a friend join, wait ~5 minutes, then hit recruit.)

This wasn't optimal since we were both around Profresh 200, and today's loadout isn't the best. But we got through Wave 1 twice (once with 14 eggs) and came 5 seconds short of beating Wave 2.

On a better loadout, I think we could possibly pull a full run off.

IMG_20171004_202910.jpg

Boss prioritization is absolutely key in a 2 squid run. Meet your quota, take out what must be taken out, stall other threats and play a game of survival.

Luck plays a role, although we had a difficult opening salvo of a Flyfish and 2 Stingers with just a Jet Squelcher and Sloshing Machine. I knew I wouldn't be able to take out the mooks, so I staked out a safe spot, took out the stingers from afar and let my friend deal with the Flyfish solo. We grabbed eggs and bolted, with a few Scrappers following us.

Then, we had to deal with 4 Maws by the basket, all while those Scrappers were at the grates. I stalled them with a few shots to buy time, we took out the Maws, then by the time I started to take out the Scrappers, some Eels were right behind me, so I had to jump down and come back up the elevator to escape and work on the Eel my friend didn't get.

The rest of the wave went relatively smoothly (for a 2 squid run) as we ran the clock down.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
So after that beautiful Clash Blaster match from the other day, I thought I'd give it another go today, and I can say I have greatly underestimated this weapon's kit and abilities...
OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS WEAPON NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THAT TO A CLASH BLASTER

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom