• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
That's cool that we're both Octobrushers with the same skill level. :D I did rank up to S in Splat Zones today, I haven't had time to change that yet... But my rank changes all the time (in all three modes), between A+ and S+0. *^.^*

You are very right about using Ninja Squid in Rainmaker being redundant if you'll be picking up the Rainmaker... I always avoided it before, and just supported whoever picked it up, but as I want to improve my Rainmaker usage, I will have to start actually using it. ´x)
What are your favoured abilities for Rainmaker?
Well you can also try this method, it also works in Splatoon 2

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
So after that beautiful Clash Blaster match from the other day, I thought I'd give it another go today, and I can say I have greatly underestimated this weapon's kit and abilities...
OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS WEAPON NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THAT TO A CLASH BLASTER
Mastering the Clashter is the ultimate bragging rights. Godspeed o7

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Welp! I went 9 wins, 2 losses when using the Inkbrush today in turf war. this thing is very fun with ninja squid. Splashdown is very reliable to fall back on and use as a smokescreen too, and with all the Splashdowns dominating atm, it's a good competitor for how quick it charges it. I admit it, I totally disregarded the Inkbrush once I picked up the Octobrush in the first game, and I continued to into Splatoon 2. But I admit it, the weapon has merit on the right maps (in my case, sturgeon shipyard and port mackerel), and is VERY fun. Solid kit too. If things keep going this way, I'll add it to my list of favorite weapons for good. I hope I can keep having fun with it.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Well you can also try this method, it also works in Splatoon 2
Haha, it'd be cool to try once or twice, but I'd very much feel like I was putting all my eggs in one basket then, if you know what I mean. ;) I like to have many different abilities (i.e. that the main and sub abilities are different, but that all three subs are the same :3).
And I feel Ink Saver (Main) is quite important when using the Octobrush :)
Welp! I went 9 wins, 2 losses when using the Inkbrush today in turf war. this thing is very fun with ninja squid. Splashdown is very reliable to fall back on and use as a smokescreen too, and with all the Splashdowns dominating atm, it's a good competitor for how quick it charges it. I admit it, I totally disregarded the Inkbrush once I picked up the Octobrush in the first game, and I continued to into Splatoon 2. But I admit it, the weapon has merit on the right maps (in my case, sturgeon shipyard and port mackerel), and is VERY fun. Solid kit too. If things keep going this way, I'll add it to my list of favorite weapons for good. I hope I can keep having fun with it.
I was thinking of SuperFresh'ing the Inkbrush once I'm done with the Splattershot Jr! I saw some videos of people using it on YouTube and I had forgotten how extremely speedy it is! I love speed and flexibility, so I'm sure I will love using it more regularly. C: I did use it for a bit in the beginning, but I've barely used it since then. I had completely forgotten it had Splashdown as its special, for example. *^.^*

Jon914

Pro Squid
I picked the Tri-Slosher again for Tower Control and went 11-3 last night. It's still an awesome weapon for close-range combat and sneaky kills.

My best match was a 3v4 where I killed 17 (1 assist) and died just 4 times. A second teammate dc'ed sometime near the end.

tcfresh.jpg

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I picked the Tri-Slosher again for Tower Control and went 11-3 last night. It's still an awesome weapon for close-range combat and sneaky kills.

My best match was a 3v4 where I killed 17 (1 assist) and died just 4 times. A second teammate dc'ed sometime near the end.

View attachment 5666
Nice. a Tri-Slosher in your face is just as deadly as ever, some people forget that. ;)

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
So here’s the first game where my team won despite being a 3v4 (G disconnected before the match began). This happened a few hours ago, but I’ve been busy ranking to Queen before now.

I remember landing a few really difficult Splat Bomb throws, and the three of us worked really well as a team. It was all thanks to them (and also me).

Attachments

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Had a really intense last shift of Salmon Run just now. I was in a crew that had the bad luck to be constantly splatted by Salmonids--yet at the same time there was always one person alive to bail us out before the fish could wipe us out. Eventually, in the last few seconds of the final wave we had met our quota...but the other three members were in deep green goo. Luckily, I had escaped from that snare and activated the Inkjet to clear out the Salmonids. It didn't increase our Golden Egg count but I felt really awesome for defending until the very end.

Also, I scored yet another pair of Superbonuses. Life is good right now.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

Knocked it out of the park with my friends once more. Shout-outs to Sleepy Dog, Libra, and Hero Of Lime! 14-3, what an amazing session!

Also, I feel really sorry for this one team. They were our first match, and crushed us. Then we faced them 3 more times... and we destroyed them. On the third match they even changed their comp specifically to counter ours and STILL lost by knockout! They must've been real salty, that was all during the placement matches so there's a very real possibility their score in the 1900s is entirely because of us :oops:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
share_picture.jpg

I know many of you would not consider this very impressive, but I've been trying to reach SUPERFRESH with any weapon for quite some time now, and always got hideous loss streaks every time I got close. I even went from 13.5 all the way down to 5 with the Aerospray RG. This time I even reached 14.5 and then got two disconnects and a completely deserved loss in a row. But this time I put quite a bit of effort into it to get some practice for the Splatfest (I got sick of doing my team more harm than good), and finally made it. Now I just need to get my gear in gear and I'll be all set to rep team purple!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I managed to hit Superfresh on the Inkbrush! Never thought I'd see the day. Muh entire Splatoon and Splatoon 2 career I dismissed the weapon as lousy, crappy, and just infinitely weaker than the Octobrush. But a few days ago I dabbled with it on Sturgeon Shipyard and Port Mackerel, and had a type of fun I haven't had in a looong time. Then yesterday I hit Superfresh on the Inkbrush! This weapon is stupid fun, I only lost 2 out of about 13 turf wars with the Inkbrush. I'm glad I picked this weapon up, it's pure fun. Although, it is nice to have something as strong as Splashdown is currently to fall back on. ;p I might have just had success because of the maps, so I'll just say this. Sturgeon Shipyard, Port Mackerel, The Reef, and Starfish Mainstage are excellent Inkbrush maps for me. Those are the maps I've experimented with.
:ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_ninjasquid:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_swimspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Here was my set. Ninja Squid is so much fun at the moment.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
luc21 and Astrid, if you guys are reading this, thaaaaaaaank you for not DC'ing and barely dying. We had a DC right from the get go and I think we all managed to stick together and only ended up dying twice in total. o7 godspeed my friends

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Not really a fresh moment, but a nice moment nonetheless. I put on 3 pieces of equipment that I plan on giving Special Charge. They all turned out pretty well with only requiring 3 drinks. Sure I'll need to grind out 60 more chunks, but I'd like to think this turned out well. The headband is the only thing I want now anyway.

Last night the Turf War lobbies I went in were easy. This could be considered a bad thing, but this is rare for me, so I made the best of it by making art! I'm a regular Leonardo da Vinci. No, I do not take commissions.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
My Herobrush is shining/glimmering before the start of every Tower Control match again (I had a streak of bad matches after my last glimmering episode, but now I've had 12-1 wins with it). :3 It's safe to say that I will stick to using the Herobrush in TC. :wst_roller_brushnormal00:❤
I really enjoyed using it in Snapper Canal. It seems like a great map for brushes. C:

iced potato

Senior Squid
I love the Octobrush/Herobrush, but sadly I don't use it much because of the Inkjet, it's the only special I really dislike using. Waiting for that Nouveau branded Octobrush to release and hoping it has a kit better suited to me.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I love the Octobrush/Herobrush, but sadly I don't use it much because of the Inkjet, it's the only special I really dislike using. Waiting for that Nouveau branded Octobrush to release and hoping it has a kit better suited to me.
Octobrush Nouveau will have Squid Beakons and Tenta Missiles.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I had an utterly amazing League session and took #5 on the Pair leaderboard (#3 in America), but more importantly I completed the goal I've been working on for about two weeks.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
My Herobrush is shining/glimmering before the start of every Tower Control match again (I had a streak of bad matches after my last glimmering episode, but now I've had 12-1 wins with it). :3 It's safe to say that I will stick to using the Herobrush in TC. :wst_roller_brushnormal00:❤
I really enjoyed using it in Snapper Canal. It seems like a great map for brushes. C:
Wow there is someone who has my liking xD, but an octobrush with squid beakons and tenth missles could work out (or not)

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Sometimes this game is so dumb, you can’t help but love it...
19E9A7DD-DB32-4336-A98F-891905CE2306.png

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I already wrote about this over at gamefaqs, but I really should write about it here too! :3 Somebody over there said that I ought to test the Jet Squelcher for Kelp Dome, as I said that it was my least enjoyed map.

Mwell, Kelp Dome wasn't in the last turf war rotation, but I thought I could try the Jet Squelcher out for a spin anyway. I was quite nervous at first, as I've barely ever used anything that has a long range. I always thought that my aim would be bad in stressful situations (in Salmon Run my aim is quite good, but I have hundreds of hours of practice, and real, actual players aren't as predictive as the Salmonids of course).

Anyhoodles, I joined a new friend who added me after we had played Salmon Run together (hi, Mr. Cupcake!) and I had an absolutely awesome time in the room. Even though I didn't get the high turf points I always strive for (800+), I think I did a nice job of keeping the players at bay with the Toxic Mist, and my splat count got increasingly better as I went along. I never thought I would have such an awesome time with a long range weapon, but here I am! :D I wonder which ranked mode Jet Squelcher works best for... Out of the 15 matches I played, my team won 14...! I already reached the Fresh status with it!

Oh, and as a last sidenote--Mr. Cupcake was extremely unlucky in that room. I felt so bad for him. Two d/cs for his team, in two separate matches... I wish we always could've played in the same team. Well, that topic is for a different thread. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom