• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I have to admit, whenever I splat someone (or multiple someones!) with a well placed Splat Bomb it feels reaaaally good.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886

The bombtastic moment around the 17:00 mark made me very happy. =D

I reached level 50 today, which called for some celebration and a video to upload. ^o^

Later on in the evening I had some very fun turf war matches with a few friends with me using the Hero Brella. A great Splatoon 2 day for me. C:

Last edited:

Jon914

Pro Squid
We KO'ed on a Rainmaker match on Moray when I distracted 2 enemies by dancing on the lower zipline. They never noticed the RM walking past them, and we dunked shortly after.

the

Inkling Commander
Dang, idk if it was because of the new stingray, or luck, or somehow because i was using swim speed up gear to level it up, but I consistently got 10+ kills with the dynamo roller tonight. That stingray is so fun to use, and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of using ink mines with it to lock down an area and quell pushes.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

MAN! I had an outstanding League run tonight! Hero of Lime and I were on fire! Huge props to my excellent good friend, he's a terror with the Octobrush and backing him up with my sniper skills led us to a 12-2 score! Some highlights:

- A Dapple Dualie fighter ambushed and killed me, then set about quickly placing beakons on our side of the map. I saw all this and immediately destroyed the ones I could see. Then I got up on my perch again, and I hear the sound of a beakon breaking... from below me. The Heavy Splatling opponent had leaped in. Sooo I leapt down while firing and goomba stomped him. NO SNEAKY ENTRANCE FOR YOU!
- Hero of Lime unfortunately disconnected late into one match, which until then had been an utterly ferocious battle for territory. It didn't make a difference. The enemy got overconfident and rushed the splat zone, at which point I achieved a critical triple kill. They didn't recover after that. 13 splats, 8 tenta missiles, it's not often that I get to be MVP :D
- One of our only losses was against a team with an incredibly skilled blaster. Props to that guy, he was zoning like a champ with his toxic mist. So in the immediate next match, we get put against this blaster and his team again... and wise to his tricks, completely decimate his team, knock-out victory within 90 seconds. Ahhh, revenge is sweet.
- this isn't bragging, but I feel sorry for one team we fought. A splat charger, an e-liter, and two heavy splatlings. Talk about an unfortunate team comp. Sorry fellas, but maybe next time don't pair chargers, it wasn't a good idea in the first game either!

We definitely have to do that again, Lime! :)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I had a couple close calls in Salmon Run today. The first match my team managed to cling on till the very end of each wave. The last in particular we lived through thanks to one clever guy who swam for safety rather than get himself splatted trying to revive us.

Then in the third match all my teammates died near the end of the final wave, trapped in the Basket House by the devious fish. Luckily, I had snuck out before then and weaved my way around the outside just long enough to beat the buzzer. The icing on the cake? Reviving them all in time to head for the boat.

Overall, a profitable day!

(E: And can I also mention that Clash Blaster's very good at aggro-ing Salmonids? Because it totally is.)

the

Inkling Commander
The Jet Squelcher cured my splatoon depression

It's so fun to use, and so easy to kill with if you have a range advantage (which, if playing smart, you usually will)

I think I've averaged like 8-10 splats per turf match. It's so fun throwing toxic mist below ledges where people are jumping off/at superjump markers and picking off those who fall in

Lies down. I love this gun

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Personal record, I think. Easily my best session ever, ranked up twice in one mode and once in another.
share_picture.jpg

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ever get a point-blank kill with a charger? Ever easily fend off a surprise attacker with a charger?

Somehow I managed to accomplish both; the guy was climbing the wall to get to the sniper perch on Starfish Mainstage (where I was), and managed to get in my line of fire the moment he reached the top. I didn't even know he was climbing the wall until the Splatted X message popped up on my screen.

So a bit of an unintentional fresh moment, but I think it still counts.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
"I saw all my teammates challenge you with your Jet with their short range weapons one after the other. That was so disheartening."
Best thing I've heard all day.
eeriesmileT.png

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
This was shortly after the Classic Squiffer was released. I tried the Squiffer on my alt character, and magic happened. A full team of chargers winning Turf Wars. Admittedly the E-Liter guy was the MVP.

Attachments

Jon914

Pro Squid
Had one memorable RM victory on Sturgeon that I dunked via team wipe.

We lost the RM near the goal, and my teammates all died.

I laid low to see what would happen. Someone tried to sneak up on me from the back, but I got him. The bubble popped, and I took out 1 more. The third enemy grabbed the RM but was scared and brought it to his goal. I splatted him. The remaining enemy frantically tried to pop the RM, but I used splashdown to pop the bubble, which took him out. I dunked.

It was a satisfying victory on a night I was pretty salty about. Despite averaging 17-20 kills per full match, I only won 50% and cracked my bar TWICE one win away from ranking up.

Jon914

Pro Squid
Had a rare great Salmon Run with randos (Spawning Grounds - Splattershot / Clash / Dynamo / Squiffer).

We blazed through 2 normal waves with 25+ eggs each and no deaths. A good sign.

Last one was high tide and a Flyfish (and right after, a scrapper) spawned in far corner on the grates.

Before the round started, I was halfway there, anticipating this and used my Dynamo to stop the mooks and the scrapper from proceeding, so my teammates could take it out. So far, so good.

2 of us got cornered by an Eel on the grates, so we died but crawled back to the basket and got revived by the final guy (who then died). At this point, there were multiple flyfishes, steelheads, stingers, eels and scrappers everywhere. We were well under quota. It looked like a sure wipe.

I started lobbing bombs all over and the other guy used Inkjet. Miraculously, everything died. We piled the eggs back to the basket and had one very happy squid party at the end.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
TC continues to be the gamemode I have the most difficult time ranking up in.... I just got to S+ in RM and I'm getting close to S+ in SZ and yet I'm still A+ in TC...

...Anyways this happened today in TC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom