• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

NPDgames

Inkling
NNID
NPDgames
I was playing a B+ Tower Control on Inkblot, and was trying out the Dynamo roller. I hadn't had much success, which I mostly attribute to playing too close. Our team had made a defensive push, kicking their team off the tower, and their whole team had ended up in this corner. I had been respawing as this happend, and jumped into the fray.The rest of my team got splated, and I ended up with three players rushing me, and one flanking. I swung with the roller, and splatted three squids in that single swing. I quickly turned around and made quick work of the squid trying to flank, though some stray shots from him killed me after he died. I sat their on my death screen, with four kills on my screen.
We won the match, and I had 18 kills, compared to my average of 7 with the Dynamo at that time. That match made me decide to main it, and I've never regretted it since.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
SuperFresh'd the Hero Dualies today. I have to admit that it feels quite nice to be 'done' with the dualies (at least for now), I simply could never remember to do/learn the dodge rolls and that really irked me. x*)
Now it's Sploosh-o-matic's turn. :3

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I rarely see people use it. Do people not like the Slosher very much in Splatoon 2
As a previous Slosher fanatic, the Slosher feels horrible in Splatoon 2 for me. The lack of Burst Bombs is a big blow, but it wouldn't be a problem if the main weapon was felt good to use....but, it's strafing is a lot worse than in Splatoon 1 and it's speed reduction is much more noticeable when sloshing. To sum it up, for me, Slosher felt like using a bucket in Splatoon 1, Slosher feels like using a wheelbarrow in Splatoon 2. ;~;
Sloshing Machine has patched up the void it left for the most part, but I hope my old bucket friend gets buffed so I can enjoy playing with it again some day.

Im sorry if it sounds like I'm insulting your main! More power to you if you can make it work nowadays, but you mentioned it feels a bit off, and I definitely agree with that.

iced potato

Senior Squid
As a previous Slosher fanatic, the Slosher feels horrible in Splatoon 2 for me. The lack of Burst Bombs is a big blow, but it wouldn't be a problem if the main weapon was felt good to use....but, it's strafing is a lot worse than in Splatoon 1 and it's speed reduction is much more noticeable when sloshing. To sum it up, for me, Slosher felt like using a bucket in Splatoon 1, Slosher feels like using a wheelbarrow in Splatoon 2. ;~;
Sloshing Machine has patched up the void it left for the most part, but I hope my old bucket friend gets buffed so I can enjoy playing with it again some day.

Im sorry if it sounds like I'm insulting your main! More power to you if you can make it work nowadays, but you mentioned it feels a bit off, and I definitely agree with that.
The Slosher was my main in Splatoon 1. I don't think many liked it as much as the vanilla, but the Soda was actually my favorite Slosher, it really worked for me. I keep trying to like the Slosher in Splatoon 2 and have done my best to make it work and give it a chance, but I still don't like it as much. Both the Tri and Machine feel so much better to use when it comes to speed/movement.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
The Slosher was my main in Splatoon 1. I don't think many liked it as much as the vanilla, but the Soda was actually my favorite Slosher, it really worked for me. I keep trying to like the Slosher in Splatoon 2 and have done my best to make it work and give it a chance, but I still don't like it as much. Both the Tri and Machine feel so much better to use when it comes to speed/movement.
Tell me about it. Tri is pretty difficult to use now but that's okay, it feels good to me still. But Machine blows them out of the water, I really love that thing.
upload_2017-10-21_22-48-46.png

For the Slosher, I'm pretty sure they undid most of these changes right here, which is what resulted in the overwhelming sluggishness that I personally feel with the weapon. A lot of weapons had their buffs reverted (like Splattershot Pro) and got them back, so we can only hope Slosher gets a mobility buff and the like in the near future.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Today I SuperFresh'd the Sploosh-o-matic. My 10th weapon to SF! It went really fast, probably because it's such an excellent turf war weapon. Which weapon do you guys think I should try to SuperFresh next? I'm thinking Hero Roller... This'll surely take some time, but it'll probably be worth it as I love the Rollers so much. :3

Oh, and I also had another nice moment today, I beat my Salmon Run high score with 20 pts. Not by much, but it still feels nice to have a new score! ^-^

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
So is this where we post twitter clips shamelessly?
Nice and satisfying clip. I like all those popping sounds that the Blasters make when you hit peeps with it, and getting a triple splat that easily is never something to sneeze at. :D

I just SuperFresh'd the N-Zap '85. 'Twas about time, it's my most used weapon (with 368600p). x*) Then again, I virtually only used it for ranked matches before.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Nice and satisfying clip. I like all those popping sounds that the Blasters make when you hit peeps with it, and getting a triple splat that easily is never something to sneeze at. :D
If you like that, there will be more where that came from :)

Jon914

Pro Squid
Quadded again, this time in league in a do-or-die situation where the enemy was at our 7 with 2 down.

It wasn't a quad in the strict sense since not all 4 names showed up on the bottom at the same moment, but it was quick full team wipe.

https://streamable.com/x2tnv

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 5.27.04 PM.png

To top it off, we dunked on our push following this wipe. :)

Jon914

Pro Squid
About a week ago, I got my first quad silver. Yesterday, I got my first twin silver.

And today, my friend and I got another silver and passed 2k for the first time. We weren't that far off from gold!

twinsilver2k.jpg

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

This was an amazing game and can't believe how well it went but I can't help to feel guilty, cause one player just kept walking in front of me as I was covering the zone
RIP Jason (2017-2017)

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
THE SPLATTERSHOT PRO IS BACK BABY!

So at the start of S2, I was planning to use the SSPro, because it was my main weapon in S1. I was really upset when I found out about all the changes the weapon got, and it just didn't click with me anymore.

I went into a spiral of trying other weapons, but none of them felt the same, even if I was fairly successful with them.

Then the SSPro got buffed.

I tried it again a little while ago, and MAN DOES IT FEEL GOOD TO BE BACK!

So far I haven't lost a single match (S+ here I come baby), and I also have been at 10+ kills every match.

It turns out that using all the other weapons really benefitedmy SSPro play, for example I learned shot tracking from the blaster, 1:1 movement from the Sploosh/.96 Gal.

AWWWWWWW YIS

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Like usual, not a fresh moment, but it sure is fresh gear! I finally managed to make this last week. 5 Run Speed Drinks, several snails, and 400k later. I finally have my supercool hybrid speed set. Viable? Probably not, but I don't care!

DNKVsqNVoAAx_NO.jpg large.jpg

Jon914

Pro Squid
At a friend's nudging, I started using a charger for "perspective." I've never used a charger before (or anything long range for that matter).

A couple matches into league and... I splatted 14 and only died 2 times.

ChargerScore.jpg

Was I meant to be a sniper all along? I pulled off my first jump shot and double-snipe last night.
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 12.35.16 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom