• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

Ed Leech

Inkster Jr.
Had an amazing game yesterday. Played the whole game with 3 players vs 4. At one point I killed 3 of the opposition which allowed us to ink so much and we held on for the win. Really pleased with my performance for that one.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
275% on Salmon Run today, which is a new PB. Guess the new map isn't so bad after all once you get used to it.

Could've gotten higher but I got greedy one game :( Protip: Once you've hit your quota, don't get greedy and try and get >30 eggs to show off. It may backfire :(

Attachments

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Before I went to bed last night I felt like playing some ranked battles... Yup, it was time to see whether I would let my bar crack or if I'd go from S to S+0 (the OK line was already surpassed by quite a bit, so at least there was no worry about losing a rank). I had two cracks in my bar, but my teams managed to win three times which pushed me through to my first S+ status! Now it's getting serious, you guys...! Everyone from S+0 to S+50 can play in these battles and I'm not experienced with such high level of Splatoon gameplay so I will have to analyse, emulate and learn from the other players. :*)

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
This speaks for itself.
I am apparently a lot more skilled with Blaster than I thought.

(Also, how do I add that as a photo?)

Attachments

Last edited:

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
We came. We saw. We got curbstomped. We came back for vengeance.

Or... I played Turf War. My poor team and I got torn limb from limb from limb from limb from limb etc.
The next round, it was the exact same teams. We turned them into calimari. Same teams again for the next 2 matches. Must've been destiny for us to get some payback, because we won those too and it was brutal.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
This is probably the highest amount of splats I had in one match so far.

I've been having a pretty good time with the Jr. as of lately. :p

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I had several over the last few days.
One turf war on Musselforge, I was playing the Splattershot (with Splashdown) for a change because Manta Maria just came out so I didn't want to fail my team with being a useless charger. Our team was getting almost spawn-locked, it was just that bad...then I somehow managed to solo all four of the enemies in the mid (bows down to the goddess of luck) and managed to keep them off long enough for my team to re-gain control over the center. We won by 2% turf coverage difference. It felt oh so good.

Another one is more a general note. I keep reading that the vanilla Splat Charger holds no ground against the Firefin because of the bad kit. That's what I thought back when I played my first matches with it but over time I've grown to love the failure of a kit. The splat bomb has been a lifesaver more often than not, and it's a great tool to reach enemies who are hiding on higher ground (e.g. on the art academy). And it's not rare for me to get a splat by just leaving a splat bomb behind on the central tower for that one flanker who thought he could get me. :D
And as for the special... yeah, it's just bad. Objectively spoken, it's the worst. But I'm getting consistent splats pretty often and it's a handy tool for zoning enemies - if it didn't splat them while active, one of my teammates would finish them off.

I will still give the Firefin one a fair chance in the long run, but I wanted to share my experiences with the vanilla one. Being stubborn does pay off sometimes.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Just had a fun bunch of rounds of turf war with mostly 25+ levels all staying connected. Not sure how fresh, but the funniest moment was when an E-liter and I (.96 gal ) somehow wound up right next to each other and trying desperately to splat each other with empty tanks.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
After many teammate disconnects, lopsided team comps, dealing with tri-sloshers, using stingray on average 1.7 per game, waiting many minutes in EU lobbies i finally snagged my Superfresh rating on my Heavy.

Getting the gold flag will likely cost my sanity.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Being on the winning side of this match felt pretty good:

I also managed a new best Pay Grade in Salmon Run the other day:

I also got an awesome Flyfish kill while playing today that made me desperately wish I'd been recording my game (and that I had the ability to do so to begin with, for that matter). There was a Flyfish with one launcher left hovering around over the grated section in front of the main building. It was right next to one of the tall pillars, and I was at a really bad angle for the shot. But no-one else was in range, so I decided to go for it anyway. I lobbed the bomb at it, only to miss and hit the side of the pillar instead. But the bomb bounced off the pillar, hit the lid of the Flyfish's launcher, fell inside and exploded, taking it down anyway. I was so shocked at what I'd managed to do that I could barely concentrate on the game any more, and almost got killed several times. The fact that that particular run ended in a wipe (though thankfully not due to my shock-induced stupidity) put a bit of a downer on the moment, but I still love that I managed to pull that shot off.

Also, while it's not Splatoon 2 specific, my Callie and Marie amiibo turned up the other day:

I sadly missed out on them when they first came out, but last month I spotted a Japanese seller on eBay selling them at pretty much retail price with free shipping. It took them about a month to get here, but here they are. Now I just need amiibo of Pearl and Marina.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
1800 point Turf War before the 1000 point win bonus.

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
Just had a satisfying one in Salmon Run.
I made it back with the last egg needed to make quota with 2 seconds left on the timer!

Jon914

Pro Squid
Had a match on Starfish Mainstage during the Splatfest where we were matched against a much better team (+200 power). We got pinned at spawn.

Then, I decided to go to the ledge above their spawn and took out an enemy that just respawned. The team super jumped over and we split up - 2 of us to hold back their respawns and 2 of us to retake the rest of the stage.

We pulled off the comeback and won!

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
I've been able to report several Squidbaggers and one guy with an inappropriate name in Spanish. Fresher than a daisy, brah!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288

Hope none of y'all ever planned on using the Octobrush, cos I think I just put this thing on the nerf chopping block.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146

Did pretty good last night, got a new power record, 2202.1 and we were on a winstreak for a bit before losing every single game for an hour afterwards

Also got really lucky with my headphones uw u

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288

Did pretty good last night, got a new power record, 2202.1 and we were on a winstreak for a bit before losing every single game for an hour afterwards

Also got really lucky with my headphones uw u
noice headphones! working on pure ink saver myself.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I managed to take back a seemingly-hopeless match towards the end of the Splatfest today.

The match was on Shifty Station, and Flight had been dominating us for pretty much the entire game. They had a really good sniper perched on the central raised platform and were shutting us down every time we so much as tried to get out of spawn. It was down to the last 30 seconds or so and it looked for sure like we'd lose, but I managed to spot an opening to get to the central platform. Figuring we had nothing to lose, I bum-rushed the platform and managed to take out the sniper before he saw me coming.

I got up on the platform, took control of it, filled my special gauge and activated my Suction Bomb Launcher with less than 15 seconds on the clock. I managed to spread the bombs out well enough to take back a huge amount of the stage, and all the ink I threw around gave my allies the chance they needed to push back and seal the victory. We ended up taking it by less than 4%.

Results screen, just for the record:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom