• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Whew, well this shouldn't have happened... I was playing RM a bit ago and got in on a game in solo queue on the wrong side of a 3 v. 4 to start the match (which always gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach). My teammates and I all had a heck of a game and it ended up going the whole 5 minutes even though we were down a squid.

Near the end the bad guys were up 64 to 58 and one of the geniuses on the other team got the idea to pick up the RM and try to hide it at their base... Well one of my 2 teammates got behind enemy lines and managed to sneak up on the would be RM hider. When I noticed, I immediately super jumped over and on landing the two of us put the guy away just in time to send the match into overtime. With the rest of the enemy busy battling my lone remaining teammate we had on the front line we were able to pop the RM shield and secure an overtime victory.

Is there anything worse than trying to get cute by hiding the RM and then it ends up costing you a game you had in the bag? Ha ha, SO fresh...

Jon914

Pro Squid
Played one of the freshest matches yet for me. Rainmaker on Sturgeon Shipyard where I went 21-2.

Yeah, I used the tri-slosher, but almost all my kills were surprise shots at super close-range.

What happened is that I changed up my play style after losing rank and going on a nasty 1-10 streak a few days back.

Instead of charging into the fray, I started being more patient, taking time to evaluate each situation and punish enemies for focusing just on the objective. I'd take the high ground and rain on them from above, or go way ahead of the RM when we were pushing, hide in a corner and wait for the enemy to engage us and surprise them from behind.

In a different game, I snuck up on a charger several times by creeping up an uninkable ramp as a squid, then splatting him once I got close enough.

After these tweaks, I went on a 7-1 win streak last night.

share_picture (1).jpg

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Why is a B-ranked player using an Aerospray in Rainmaker?

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
I hesitate to call this "fresh" really, but I always feel a bit of twisted Schadenfreude any time a Maws managed to gobble up both me and the bomb I left for it.
I feel the same way. Also about mutual kills as long as I am in the enemies turf.

Jon914

Pro Squid
An Aerospray user *might* be effective using the same strategies I described above, though there are better choices for that. I've seen Baller used for some amazing knockout pushes.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
You think that's shocking, I've seen Aerosprays in the A-S+ ranks. You can imagine how much of a disadvantage a team usually has when they get saddled with an Aerospray at that level of play. Yet people still bring them thinking they can perform well...

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Just had a satisfying one in Salmon Run.
I made it back with the last egg needed to make quota with 2 seconds left on the timer!
I had one a couple of rotations ago where everyone was dead but me and I dunked the last egg with less than a second to go. Doesn't get closer than that!
I've been able to report several Squidbaggers and one guy with an inappropriate name in Spanish. Fresher than a daisy, brah!
Speaking of which: Is there any way to report players in Salmon Run? I got 3 inappropriate names last night, but since Salmon Run doesn't show up in Last 50 Battles and they didn't have art posts, I couldn't figure out anything I could do other than block them (and they still showed up in my plaza).

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
You think that's shocking, I've seen Aerosprays in the A-S+ ranks. You can imagine how much of a disadvantage a team usually has when they get saddled with an Aerospray at that level of play. Yet people still bring them thinking they can perform well...
Aerospray can be used effectively in the right hands, but most Aerospray players are newbies with no idea of what they're doing. The fact that Jr. outclasses Aero in every single way right now doesn't help much either. But don't blame the weapon, its the player's fault, its just a fact that most Aero players suck nowadays :V

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
One time I was playing Humpback Pump Track, and I was flanking left at the beginning of the match. Suddenly,

YOUR CONNECTION IS UNSTABLE!

"Oh no, I'm going to disconnect!" I thought.

Then, Everyone else besides me and a teammate disconnected.

We got an instant KO and I ranked up to S.

Best.
Day.
Ever!

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I don't know why, but I always have the most difficult time in TC compared to other modes.

The enemy team had the lead for a majority of the match then we manage to make a nice comeback near the end.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288

I...I don't know. my first ever match with a charger in Splatoon 2. Thanks Mr Herobrush for having my back, lol. He saved my butt quit a bit. I'm honestly really excited that I did good with this weapon, that almost NEVER happens. I hit some pretty legit shots, I would bet at least 6 of those WEREN'T due to latency and were actually on me. ;p

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Had a really sweet time fighting a Mothership in Salmon Run. Not only did I have an E-Liter to repel it and its Chinooks from afar, but one of my teammates remembered to Stingray the living guts out of the thing before it could suck up our eggs. I didn't mind that we didn't survive the shift--besting the Mothership was well worth it.

Callieisbae

Inkling
NNID
FCBfangirl44
Switch Friend Code
SW-5289-0811-6896
Let see….. my freshest moment in splatoon 2?

Last month tower control the reef….

My team was pushing the tower like crazy around 2 min mark my tena missile where all set to go I got my tena missile as the moment my team gets wiped pointed my tena missile at the other team on the tower…… at least 3 of them on the damn tower…. *hits right stick tena missile splat all 3 of them on the tower*… wasting no time my team goes thru the last checkpoint and wins

One of my proudest moments

Jon914

Pro Squid
I won my first 3v4 ranked match, going 21-7 on Musselforge.

I snuck up a lot on the enemy and repeatedly caught them from behind when they tried to cross the bridge from *their* side to the middle.

share_picture (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom