• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

Jon914

Pro Squid
I was 3 cracks on C+ and coming off a few tough but close losses. Thankfully, I won, via a quick KO victory with a funny ending.

The round, on Port Mackerel, started like any other. We made our way to the middle, took control of the rainmaker and started pushing. I played support, taking out enemies along the way.

I reached the pedestal, took out the remaining enemy and then frantically signaled my teammates to finish the job. The other 3 enemies then respawned and started firing back.

They never saw me, as I was on the other side of the pedestal, out of view. I swam behind them, splatted all 3 at once and sealed the game.

My final tally for the match was 9 kills, 0 deaths for a 75 second match. Ranked up to B- and hope I don't get myself that close to breaking the bar again...

Attachments

Last edited:

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Had a great time in Salmon Run today. Lots of really strong runs, most of them 60+.

I had a great moment in the third wave of one run, when the game decided to drop three Steelheads on us at high tide. We also had a Drizzler, a Scrapper, and possibly one or two other bosses as well; it was kind of hard to tell what was what amidst all the chaos. It was starting to look like we'd get wiped and fall at the last hurdle, but I had an Inkjet left. I fired it up and managed to take out all three Steelheads, as well as stunning the Scrapper so my teammates could finish it off.

There was also a funny moment in one of my early runs when we managed to clear the Run by a pretty wide margin. It was high tide, so after squidbagging for a bit as usual, we all threw ourselves in the water and drowned. I'm not sure if that's a common thing for people to do after winning at high tide, but I'd never seen it before so it made me laugh. Put me in a pretty good mood for the rest of my runs as well.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Oh hey this thread of mine exists.

Ive been using the Dynamo alot. Which also means I've been using the Stingray alot...

I managed splatting not one, not two, but THREE enemies with it in one SINGLE usage....On The Reef map. I believe it was mostly around the other side of the bridge that I splatted them....

I may be getting good with this Special.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I managed splatting not one, not two, but THREE enemies with it in one SINGLE usage....On The Reef map. I believe it was mostly around the other side of the bridge that I splatted them....
Damn dude. Here I thought I was a getting good with the Sting Ray by just getting splats with it, and getting a solo double splat with it that one time. lol

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I played a bit more Salmon Run this morning, and my streak from yesterday continued. Another bunch of really strong rounds, including over half a dozen 70+.

I managed another triple-Steelhead kill, this time with the Splashdown. It was low tide and three of them spawned at the end of one lane. They all bunched up and were advancing down, throwing out bombs so regularly that it was pretty much impossible to get close. But eventually I saw an opening, ran in, used the Splashdown and took down all three at once. We'd already met the quota at that point so it's not like I saved the match or anything, but it still felt awesome and was a nice 9 extra eggs.

I also had one match where I was the last man standing at the end of the third wave. Since there were 5 seconds left on the clock I figured I'd just run and try to survive, only to get splatted the exact second the timer hit zero. We won the match with no active players left, and our victory celebration consisted of four life rings bouncing around in a sea of enemy ink.

I also ran into a couple of Gushers encounters where my team just gave up and threw a squid party once we'd met the quota. Not sure how common that is, but I'd never seen it before so I thought it was pretty funny. At one point we met our quota with 20-30 seconds left on the clock and just spent that entire time squidbagging, booyah-spamming, and tossing bombs around.

I also managed new personal bests in terms of egg count and pay grade:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I also ran into a couple of Gushers encounters where my team just gave up and threw a squid party once we'd met the quota. Not sure how common that is, but I'd never seen it before so I thought it was pretty funny. At one point we met our quota with 20-30 seconds left on the clock and just spent that entire time squidbagging, booyah-spamming, and tossing bombs around.
Oh yeah, I had one of those rounds just now. With the quota met and only a few seconds left to go my work crew at the time just squidbagged and celebrated another successful shift. Probably helps that in Gusher rounds enemies only spawn once the Gushers are activated, so once the Goldie fled we had a silent agreement not to over-extend ourselves.

Also, good job on that progress! I only got to Profreshional 100 myself (and that was just by a hair thanks to someone using Splashdown to clear out the area and revive some of us) so I can clearly see how awesome that is.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Oh yeah, I had one of those rounds just now. With the quota met and only a few seconds left to go my work crew at the time just squidbagged and celebrated another successful shift. Probably helps that in Gusher rounds enemies only spawn once the Gushers are activated, so once the Goldie fled we had a silent agreement not to over-extend ourselves.

Also, good job on that progress! I only got to Profreshional 100 myself (and that was just by a hair thanks to someone using Splashdown to clear out the area and revive some of us) so I can clearly see how awesome that is.
Thanks! I've generally struggled to get past (or even keep) about 100 in the past as well. But there was something about that day's Salmon Run that just had me winning round after round. I was getting matched with really good teams the whole time, which is probably the main reason, but I felt like I was really on my game that day as well. If I have another session like it in the future it'd be cool to see if I can get to 300.

And I know what you mean about the Gushers. No sense in taking risks that you don't have to. Not to mention that it's a seriously painful encounter if you run into it with a rubbish team, so it can be hard to resist the urge to celebrate when you clear it.

FGPackers

Inkster Jr.
I'm starting to use Inkbrush and i'm loving it! It is so much fun! In a Rainmaker match it was awesome getting the win this way: we were trying to make a late push to take the lead, we had Rainmaker but he died, i instantly notice that my special is almost full, i charge it and i super jump to the last person that was alive. He got killed, but i super jumped and used Splashdown to get a triple kill, pop the Rainmaker and get the last seconds lead! It was epic! I'm loving this weapon!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I felt pretty cool about this game in tower league the other day. 37 splats is my high, but it wasn't really the number that was important. We barely hung on to this one, and I kept getting clutch full-team wipes right when they were about to bulldoze through us. I've had 30 splat games where half the splats were sorta whatever in terms of helping us win, but this game, we needed all of them.

By the way, my wife is EmperorEm here, and she played the game of her life as the designated tower rider. It can be a thankless job, but she was just as important to the win as I was.

DHjecnSUwAAOf.jpg

And a few days before that, a buddy and I were playing tower league. We had two crazy overtime victories in a row where the two of us just took over the game in the last few seconds + overtime. We almost made it three in a row (and probably should have), but couldn't quite manage it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I wanna do more League with my friends. I'm finding that I truly do best in support, controlling the map while my allies charge the enemy, and when it works, IT WORKS. A couple days ago I went on an 10-win streak in League, and yesterday, 11-win streak. It was incredible! I got my first gold medal! WE GOT FIFTH ON THE LEADERBOARD!

I look forward to more matches where I back up my allies and Tenacity fills my special gauge as they die they charge forward into glory!

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I played a game of Turf earlier today and my team lost. However, this is the first time I can say that I carried my team. The other team played very well and my teammates were having a tough time dealing with them. I helped out my team when I could by going with a couple of them to take on a enemy or going for some kills to lessen the pressure. We almost managed to win with a final push but the time ran out. I think the score was 42% to 47%, so it wasn't that bad of a loss.

I never thought I was skilled enough to EVER carry a team (even if we do lose) but this match was big surprise. GG to all in the match.

Attachments

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Damn. And I thought my new best was good.

I was playing Turf Wars the other day to try my hand at some new weapons. I've been kind of limiting myself lately, so I figured I'd try and branch out and expand my arsenal. I was playing with the Splash-O-Matic and doing pretty well for a while; then I ended up in a lobby with two Level 1 players. I just knew they'd be on my team, and sure enough, they were. My team consisted of me (Level 26), a Level 5, and two Level 1s against a team whose lowest rank was in the mid-teens. Even though I know level doesn't necessarily correlate with skill, I was fully expecting to get slaughtered.

But they actually ended up being pretty good. I played two or three games in that lobby, getting sorted onto the same team as the Level 1s (though they didn't stay Level 1 for long) each time, and we won all of them. I'm pretty sure at least one of them was genuinely new to the game; that one was following me around a lot. But they were still doing a good job inking the turf I wasn't, and even helped me turn the tables on some players who might've got the drop on me otherwise. I've seen a lot of people describe tag-along players as dead-weight, but this one was more like a cool sidekick. Even though I was consistently the highest-scoring player on the team, the others were never too far behind and I never felt like I was carrying.

It's probably been one of my most positive experiences in the game so far. I've heard so many horror stories, and even have some of my own, about getting royally screwed by low-level teammates who just **** around or play like they don't understand the game's most fundamental principles; so to play alongside a couple of newbies who were playing well and making a serious effort was really nice. Even if they weren't the best players in the world, they clearly cared about playing the game well and did their best.

I didn't send them friend requests (mostly just because I'm not in the habit of doing it; I kind of regret not adding them in hindsight), so I might never see them again, but I hope they keep playing and getting better. I'd like to see them again someday.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I think I made an enemy rage quit after I killed him like 10 times in a row. By roughly the 10th time he dropped down (Moray Towers) he looked depressed just shooting at the floor, not moving. After I killed him I saw him puff away lol. Not sure if I should feel bad or good D=

R

RandomSquid

It's always fun when you're killed by a scope to enjoy watching your autobomb run up to him on the death screen...

Always a real morale booster.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
While playing the N-ZAP '95, I spotted a roller up on one of the towers in Starfish Mainstage. He clearly spotted me, too, and seemed to be guessing I was headed in his direction, so he hid behind a pillar. What he didn't know was that in the few moments when he lost sight of me, I'd filled up the charge on my Ink Armor. I activated it, waited for it to fully deploy, then scrambled up after him. Sure enough, I got a roller straight in my face. I can only imagine the other player's reaction when I didn't die but he did.

CM86

Pro Squid
Damn. And I thought my new best was good.

I was playing Turf Wars the other day to try my hand at some new weapons. I've been kind of limiting myself lately, so I figured I'd try and branch out and expand my arsenal. I was playing with the Splash-O-Matic and doing pretty well for a while; then I ended up in a lobby with two Level 1 players. I just knew they'd be on my team, and sure enough, they were. My team consisted of me (Level 26), a Level 5, and two Level 1s against a team whose lowest rank was in the mid-teens. Even though I know level doesn't necessarily correlate with skill, I was fully expecting to get slaughtered.

But they actually ended up being pretty good. I played two or three games in that lobby, getting sorted onto the same team as the Level 1s (though they didn't stay Level 1 for long) each time, and we won all of them. I'm pretty sure at least one of them was genuinely new to the game; that one was following me around a lot. But they were still doing a good job inking the turf I wasn't, and even helped me turn the tables on some players who might've got the drop on me otherwise. I've seen a lot of people describe tag-along players as dead-weight, but this one was more like a cool sidekick. Even though I was consistently the highest-scoring player on the team, the others were never too far behind and I never felt like I was carrying.

It's probably been one of my most positive experiences in the game so far. I've heard so many horror stories, and even have some of my own, about getting royally screwed by low-level teammates who just **** around or play like they don't understand the game's most fundamental principles; so to play alongside a couple of newbies who were playing well and making a serious effort was really nice. Even if they weren't the best players in the world, they clearly cared about playing the game well and did their best.

I didn't send them friend requests (mostly just because I'm not in the habit of doing it; I kind of regret not adding them in hindsight), so I might never see them again, but I hope they keep playing and getting better. I'd like to see them again someday.

Funny enough my record was around yours like a few hours before. I didn't even get the random event with the glowflies. It was the alien event where we gathered a ton. It was on low tide and I had sting ray so I used it both times the mother ship came in.

Sciryn

Inkling
NNID
GamesterChris
Switch Friend Code
SW-5309-1214-3521
Got my first quad kill the other day. Didn't even use a special, just my Duelies. The other team should learn to watch their backs

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I just reached S-rank in Tower Control (my first time reaching S)! *woomy!* ...Now it'll probably take a li'l while before I dare to play TC again, I'm a li'l nervous I have to admit. :oops: (But happy!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom