Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

Jon914

Pro Squid
I've had my ups and downs in the past week. But tonight was a good night. What started out as a casual session to explore Walleye (I never played S1) turned out to be my best league session yet.

Props to my twin, Donut DX for a great session! We both played well.

IMG_20171214_223851.jpg

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
So... tonight was probably one of my best nights for Splatoon...
Before the splatfest, the 9pm to 11pm rotation, I was twinning with one of my teammates, and we managed to get number 10 worldwide, and number 4 in North America.

And to add to that, I went in the Splatfest with my friends mentionned above and we got a massive win streak, going form 0 to max rank in 2 hours no less! With a very high score to top it off.

Ron'NeilV3

Full Squid
NNID
Ronneil_koopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-3809-0916-6288
Here’s a really cool play, it’s technically a quad kill even tho I died:p and man I think the Octobrush is my fave now!

And yet other quad, my aim is a little shaky but that’s a con of being a stick player lol.

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Mine doesn’t include any multikills or game changing plays, but I was proud of my movement and split second thinking in this instance.

In MakoMart, when you hop out of spawn, and advance a bit and to the left of the ink rail there’s a narrow walkway that if two players converge you either duel, back away.

Well there’s a wall that runs along the length of said walkway and the opposite side is out of bounds to your death.

I approached a player advancing down the path and we opened fire on eachother. During the exchange I inked the wall a bit and pulled a Hanzo juke (overwatch reference). Went squid mode, hopped to the wall and hopped off (think a tic-tac) back into inkling form and fired down on the opponent as I was falling, securing a splat.

I’m sure other people are doing way crazier stuff but it was one of those moments where you’re like “wow i just did that and it was awesome” while being reminded of the creativity this game allows you.

※Zachary

Semi-Pro Squid
I pulled a game where I landed about 5 or 6 Triple splats and some "technical" quads (You know, where you splat all 4 but not close enough together that is shows all four splatted on your screen.) on they enemy team using an N-ZAP 85. Ink amour really helps. I used my suction bombs to smoke them out off of the tower and out off of ledges. Played with my competitive team against some S+'s and A's. It was a 3 vs 4. Really easy knockout. I had about 24 splats in the end.

Stay Fresh!

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
So I finally have S+ in all the ranks other than Clam Blitz, which for now is just a mode I'll play for the heck of it. After the constant frustration caused by grinding up ranked, I'm ready for a break from ranked. For now, I just wanna take it a bit easy. Practice in turf so I can better myself with my primary weapons or just mess around. I also need to work on my sets.

I also did a little experiment. If you use Stingray to draw a smiley face on a wall, what does it look like on the other side of the wall?

Last edited:

Vertigo95

Inkster Jr.
NNID
JRex95
Switch Friend Code
SW-3028-4629-7889
One moment is right here. What's so special about this? It was a blind kill. I didn't see the dude I killed, but was looking at the dude with the Clash Blaster on my left instead.
Another great moment was having a Rainmaker match on Blackbelly that lasted as long as the Switch video capture.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Holy crap, I finally found the sensitivity setting that works best for me, and the Jet feels smooth as butter now. This is amazing! I feel like this small change has upped my game. I've been doing so well I filled the bar by 40% after two ranked matches! THERE WILL BE A RECKONING!

Last edited:

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Holy crap, I finally found the sensitivity setting that works best for me, and the Jet feels smooth as butter now. This is amazing! I feel like this small change has upped my game. I've been doing so well I filled the bar by 40% after two ranked matches! THERE WILL BE A RECKONING!

What do you run your sensitivity at now, and what was it before?

I honestly messed around very little with mine until motions were at -2.5 and R sensitivity was at -1 and never tried anything else. I’m not really sure what my focal point should be in trying to find the sweet spot even though my current settings seem to be working for me.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

This match isn't anything super-fresh, but I'm sharing it for the novelty and wonder... it's a normal match. Both teams are even, comps are fairly balanced, players are fairly equal in skill across the board. No disconnects or lag or shenanigans. My team simply outplayed theirs, but they fought tooth and nail to keep us from a knock-out.

It was a genuinely great match, which is depressingly rare. Big shout-out to both my allies AND my opponents!

Tails97

Inkling
NNID
mephiles97
My personal crowning moment of awesome (note: not awesome in the slightest but it left me feeling super elated, an excessively rare thing for me) was playing Rainmaker on The Reef (also take note, I just got Splatoon 2 and so this was a C- game). Game started, every single squid rushed for that crazy thing, I wind up being the only one to correctly swoop right under the bridge where it's actually located. Start shooting it (I'm using a Splattershot Pro), an enemy player comes down there (can't remember their weapon, all I know is that I either outpaced it or I had already done so much damage to the shield they weren't gonna stop it), I splat the shield and grab the Rainmaker, and proceeded to run that thing the whole way across the map as my teammates leaped the bridge to follow me. I actually wound up running it straight up the ramp and dunking the thing, something that I've never done playing Rainmaker in Splatoon 1 or 2 up until this point. Now, I am an extremely excitable person, and so managing to accomplish this (absolutely incredible feat to my brain) sent me through the roof. Needless to say I felt incredibly cool/fresh afterwards and was jittering so badly that I actually had to turn the game off and take a break for a few hours.

To anyone else who plays Rainmaker I accomplished the most basic thing ever (and the requirement to win via KO), but for me and my skill level (I call myself the Queen of Failure, after all) that was the most exciting thing I've ever done in Splatoon thus far.

Another cool but not so awesome moment for me was playing the new Moray Towers with my trusty Carbon Roller and flipping off of the ink rails for a two splat vertical swing on the enemy players below me (who happened to be focused on a teammate of mine and not the rail behind them. This was during Turf). Followed this up by a two shot fling splat on the third one who was missed by that previous vertical swing. After this I proceeded to ink around... somewhere between 800 and 900 I think by the end of the match. Felt proud of myself given my usual track record.

Last edited:

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I was twinning with @Dessgeega this afternoon and we've got this silly moment that we both recorded :v
Here's what I did and how it looked for me

And Dess also saved his perspective on it, just watching me meteor and make 3 squids explode, hah!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is the tale of the greatest bit of karma I've ever witnessed on this game or the last.

So I'm doing solo clam blitz, and in the last match my team is being annihilated. They died a total of 31 times. On top of that, there's this rude charger on the enemy team squidbagging nonstop with every kill. We lost, badly. Previously that'd probably have tilted me a bit, but I've been getting better at controlling my salt so I shrugged it off and kept going. I'm glad I did!

I go in again, and the next match, there's that charger again... and his ENTIRE TEAM DISCONNECTS. It's 4v1, hahahaha. We obviously decimate him, and that makes me rank skip to B+. What are the odds!?!? That charger paid for his rude behavior in spades! Wow!

Don't squidbag, kids, karma WILL get you it seems! :D

Last edited:

Wallflowercat

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6647-4456-4981
I don't have a visual for this, but I get so happy when I am being chased and hide on the wall just to pounce on their back after they turn the corner. Hopefully you know what I mean because it's a good feeling lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom