• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your main weapon

Toaster

Senior Squid
I mainly use the splat roller and e-liter, depend on which maps are in rotation, but I have been using the custom splattershot jr. a lot recently.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I seem to gravitate towards the dual squelcher, heavy splatling, splash-o-matic, and the octoshot replica (purely for aesthetic). I also use the mini splatling, but needed to warm up to that one, and occasionally use the jet squelcher/hero charger. everything else i use when i feel like changing it up, like the buckets, rollers and brushes.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Aerospray RG in Turf Wars because the noobs still fall for easy Ink Mines and the Inkstrike. Also good for covering a lot of turf.

I usually gravitate to the Aerospray RG in Splat Zones as well, though depending on the stage I might use a Carbon Roller or a Slosher / Tri-Slosher. I also use the E-Liter 3K for Hammerhead Bridge SZ.

Tower Control depends. I mostly use the Luna Blaster as it's the only blaster with Ink Mines (which noobs still fall for), but sometimes I use the Range Blaster or the Slosher.

I use the Splattershot Jr. in Rainmaker for Bubbler, which has saved me on multiple ocassions.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Hey you stole my sig pic! :p

As for the thread topic, yeah I don't really have main either, I use pretty much all weapons and switch between them frequently, but if we're to go by turf inked then the Custom Jet Squelcher is my number one.
Yeah, that's how I do things too, only I want to keep things as even as possible. Now that SplatNet's available in English, if I don't feel like using a new weapon, I just look at what the least-inked weapon I have is and use it for that session until it reaches the middle of the pack or something.

The last game I truly had a main for was Super Smash Bros. Melee. I got kind of bugged at BlazBlue's online profile cards as it lists your "Main" and "Sub-Main," because I truly have none, that I had forgone the game's built-in character randomizer and kept a tally of each character I used, making sure to use each character exactly once before starting the cycle over again. As a result, my profile card's Main would always change after every match to the character I last played.

After Melee, I decided not to main anything anymore because it got boring. I have a short attention span, so a multiplayer-oriented game can only sustain my interest for a long time if it has many options for play styles and I use them all. I'm also the sort of person who wants to understand a game as much as possible, and there's no way I can do that without trying everything out.

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
As I mostly play ranked and not turf wars, the main weapon I use is the Splattershot Pro. I sometimes use the Krak-On Splat Roller depending on how I feel.

For turf wars I use to use the Krak-On Splat Roller but I now mainly use the Octoshot Replica because it's so easy to cover turf and still defend yourself. Turf wars is also where I practice using other weapons that I'm not use to, so sometimes you may see me with other weapons.

As evident in the image below, my old mains were the N-Zap 89 and the Dual Squelcher...

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
My main weapons are the Carbon Roller Deco and Aerospray RG. I also like using the N-Zap '89 and Slosher occasionally but I'm usually sticking with my roller. :)

I'll use my roller for most modes except for Tower Control. Usually when I play Tower Control, I'm going to use either my RG or my '89. Turf Wars, Rainmaker, and Splat Zones are the modes I usually use with my Carbon Roller Deco. Those seekers can really come in handy during Splat Zones on the right map. :P

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
I used to main the Aerospray RG very hard, but since then played around with other things too. Tentatek/Octoshot, for instance, and E-Liter, and sometimes N-ZAP '89 (mostly for Splat Zones). Probably gonna get out some other weapons once I'm sick of the ones mentioned above though x'D

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Because of the very linear and horizontal nature of this past splatfest I picked up the Splattershot pro and did really well with it. It works really well for Turf War because of ink strike, it pushes people out of ambush areas with splat bombs, and it outranges just about everything in the Turf War meta (aerosprays, jrs, splattershots, rollers).

I think I found my new main. I will have to pick up the Forge is I want to use it in ranked though...

Bolt

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EnderBolt
N-Zap '89 and Carbon Roller for Turf War, .52 Gal for Tower control. I rarely play Splat zones or Rainmaker, but when I do, I use the .52 Gal Deco for Splat zones, and Carbon Roller Deco for Rainmaker.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Hero Shot. My favorite in terms of function and looks. I also have the most experience with it, offline and online.

It's also the whole reason I bought that overpriced Squid amiibo.

Last edited:

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
Mine are the n zap 89 and octoshot for turf battle but I might try rollers

In ranked battles I use the octoshot and the custom dual squelcher

But out of all the weapons I use I like the octoshot cause the color and the octolings use it XD

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Mine tend to change quite often, but currently they're Vanilla Dynamo Roller, Heavy Splatling, and Kelp Splatterscope. The Heavy Splatling will definitely be changing when the Hydra Splatling comes out. I'm a very defensive player, and I feel those three play into that quite well. Having Echolocator and knowing I'm helping everyone is very reassuring. Their range, Special and subs are just absolutely amazing, and I enjoy being useful to everyone instead of just myself.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Mains: Carbon Roller, E-Liter 3K

Secondary: Rapid Blaster Deco

The difference between my secondary and my mains is that I use it less often, and usually on certain maps where my mains don't work but this one excells (Examples: Kelp Dome, Hammerhead Bridge, etc.)

Also since I have to repeat my mains and secondary so much to people HERE THEY ARE. Remember them, if you play with me. ;)

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
Aerospray RG, Octoshot Replica, and the Hero Shot Replica are my mains.
I use both the N'Zaps, the Splattershot Jr., and the Dual Squelcher occasionally.

CMFridays

Inkling
I use the Custom Dual Squelcher and NZAP '85, two underrated weapons in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom